Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the burgers in McDonald getting smaller globally?  (Read 4323 times)
Kenshin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:01:05 AM

I think it is, I remember a few years back, their burgers were a lot bigger. Now I can eat 3 to fill me up. And I think this is globally getting smaller.  Undecided
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:30:35 AM

I think it is, I remember a few years back, their burgers were a lot bigger. Now I can eat 3 to fill me up. And I think this is globally getting smaller.  Undecided

A few years ago you were a lot smaller?   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:35:00 AM

A few years ago you were a lot smaller?   Wink

I knew someone is going to say that. But the Fillet O Fish is definitely getting smaller. In the UK, recent years they have cut back the cheese to only half a slice, and the fish burger is really small.

I haven't gain any weight, and so my size have nothing to do with it.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:37:08 AM

Actually just did a Google search and found a lot of people also found McDonald's burger is getting smaller.
CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:42:18 AM

They are smaller. It's a life saving measure to cut down on the amount of cardboard people consume.
thms

Activity: 427

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:22:43 AM

The buns got bigger though
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:52:03 AM

Everything gets smaller as companies try to cut costs.  You can't just have a company that makes a profit - every year you need to increase that profit or shareholders get upset.

I remember going to Boston Pizza (a Canadian franchise) many years ago - "baked with cheese" meant you couldn't even see the pasta underneath - all you could see was cheese.

Now they measure it out exactly and you get barely enough cheese to taste.   Sad

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

They're definitely smaller, another reason to never bother buying that junk and just make your own stuff or get a sandwich Cheesy
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:23:46 AM

Why would you eat that junk anyways. jk.

Yeah, I think it has because in japan its way smaller, when I was over there. Like the fries has be x large to be a regular here.

Then again everything in portion is smaller.

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:36:44 PM

I just loved the Fillet O Fish, I am talking about the one which they made many years ago. Not this crap they are selling now. But the thing is Burger King's burger is still the same size. So I guess Mc Donald is just greedy. I heard McD makes money from real estate more than selling burgers.

Do you have Aberdeen Steak Burger in Burger King outside the UK? That is my favourite.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:04:33 PM

YES!!

I don't have McDonalds in my town but when I went to Osijek a couple months ago I saw them being so small that I thought hell, I'll need to eat 10 of these Cheesy
I think they were bigger some time ago  Undecided

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

YES!!

I don't have McDonalds in my town but when I went to Osijek a couple months ago I saw them being so small that I thought hell, I'll need to eat 10 of these Cheesy
I think they were bigger some time ago  Undecided

I know, I remembered Big Mac used to be a challenge to see if you can finis one of them. Now you need to eat 3. They need to change it's name to Baby Mac.  Smiley
Kiki112

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:30:42 PM

YES!!

I think they were bigger some time ago  Undecided

I know, I remembered Big Mac used to be a challenge to see if you can finis one of them. Now you need to eat 3. They need to change it's name to Baby Mac.  Smiley

yeah, that's embarrassing
such a high price for such a small meal..

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:36:00 PM

Maybe your belly is getting locally bigger.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Kiki112

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Maybe your belly is getting locally bigger.

it's not only about eating
they look so small in my hands too Cheesy

it's not like I tripled in size Cheesy

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

Your missing out though.

Here in the US, theres this wonderful place called "in n out" where the price is nearly close and get better burger lol.

mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:32:46 PM

Smaller burgers is an example of hidden inflation...

You will see this with products in the supermarkets too,

price stays the same, but you get less of what you are buying.

Damn fiat currency..  Angry
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:35:51 PM

Just as small as they've always been. Don't think they can shrink them more here. Tongue

I prefer Burger King, bigger burgers and better taste.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

YES!!

I think they were bigger some time ago  Undecided

I know, I remembered Big Mac used to be a challenge to see if you can finis one of them. Now you need to eat 3. They need to change it's name to Baby Mac.  Smiley

yeah, that's embarrassing
such a high price for such a small meal..

High Price? Mac (basically all FastFood) is so cheap that I wonder what they put in there.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:20:08 AM

Smaller burgers is an example of hidden inflation...

You will see this with products in the supermarkets too,

price stays the same, but you get less of what you are buying.

Damn fiat currency..  Angry

Food portions have gotten bigger since the 60s, does that mean it's been deflation for the last 50 years?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: