Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000.00 ATMS comming  (Read 3840 times)
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 12:10:42 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/skyhooks-open-source-bitcoin-atm/

An opensource project from my home town! this could really change the landscape. only 1.3 BTC at current exchange prices!  Ok, it's really only a BTC vending machine because it can't dispense fiat, but it's 1/4 the price of it's cheapest competitor.  Go Stumptown!

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:15:20 AM

An opensource project from my home town! this could really change the landscape. only 1.3 BTC at current exchange prices!  Ok, it's really only a BTC vending machine because it can't dispense fiat, but it's 1/4 the price of it's cheapest competitor.  Go Stumptown!

Thats a great deal. I wonder what other expenses come along with having to operate this, as in licenses and such.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

Thats a great deal. I wonder what other expenses come along with having to operate this, as in licenses and such.

A shit ton
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 12:38:09 AM

It's more than that. if they can really make and sell these machines for that price, you could conceivably just operate them without licence and gain many times your investment before they are seized. They're basically disposable. This could be huge.

insert coin here:

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:34:47 AM

It's more than that. if they can really make and sell these machines for that price, you could conceivably just operate them without licence and gain many times your investment before they are seized. They're basically disposable. This could be huge.

For sure, Ive already pondered bolting that Lamassu down in the back of the tahoe...first mobile bitcoin ATM
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:08:02 AM

This is a great project, way cheaper than current bitcoin ATM machines and also fiat ATM machines Smiley

The $64,000,000 question is of course which countries will allow these machines.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:28:19 AM

This is a great project, way cheaper than current bitcoin ATM machines and also fiat ATM machines Smiley

The $64,000,000 question is of course which countries will allow these machines.

The 64M question is which countries will have the ability to enforce a ban on them. This is an open source project. It's like 3D printer guns or maybe even more like moonshine stills.

insert coin here:

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:29:23 AM

The 64M question is which countries will have the ability to enforce a ban on them. This is an open source project. It's like 3D printer guns or maybe even more like moonshine stills.

Yeah there is a video on youtube showing you the parts to order and everything
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:31:41 AM

Open source has nothing to do with the legal status of bitcoin ATM machines. Government regulation does.
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:40:46 AM

Yeah there is a video on youtube showing you the parts to order and everything

Where?
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:27:22 AM

I want a Bitcoin ATM that dispenses fiat. Trying to pull fiat out of Gox is a nightmare.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 05:38:50 AM

Still a very neat project and it's exciting to think about what the future holds for other Bitcoin ATMS.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:03:39 AM

If we could have an ATM where by you can exchange BTC for fiat I can see a world of opportunities opening  Smiley
mtnminer

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:03:43 PM

There would be very little regulation with this device as it is truly not an ATM, it is a bitcoin vending machine!  So most could operate one as a small business, llc or corp and sell bitcoins, just as you can sell any other product.  The issues could come if you were to start redeeming bitcoins for fiat in volume, then the u.s. government may try to enforce banking regulations on you?

Mtnminer
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:06:28 PM

I want a Bitcoin ATM that dispenses fiat. Trying to pull fiat out of Gox is a nightmare.

Why? Bitcoin is trying to replace fiat and not make it easier to get fiat...

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:24:23 PM

There would be very little regulation with this device as it is truly not an ATM, it is a bitcoin vending machine!  So most could operate one as a small business, llc or corp and sell bitcoins, just as you can sell any other product.  The issues could come if you were to start redeeming bitcoins for fiat in volume, then the u.s. government may try to enforce banking regulations on you?

Mtnminer

No thats not true at all...bitcoin is considered money. Any exchange from money to money, no matter the direction, is still considered a money transfer business. You cant just have people walk up and turn 5k into bitcoins without taking note of it. Cause then that money can be laundered out of the country very easily...it is a lot harder than you think. Dont you think if that was the case there would be a bitcoin ATM on every corner by now?
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:46:08 PM

Legal weed shops in the USA who can't get back accounts should bu these to go in their stores, then their customers can buy BTC and they could then accept BTC as payment and save them carrying all that cash around.
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:43:07 PM

Legal weed shops in the USA who can't get back accounts should bu these to go in their stores, then their customers can buy BTC and they could then accept BTC as payment and save them carrying all that cash around.

That would also be illegal
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:47:02 PM

That's easy, stock one of these Bitcoin dispensers with some of your own Bitcoin and keep the fiat.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:09:04 PM

this $1000.00 machine and Lamassu machine (https://lamassu.is/) are not ATM's, they are vending machines.  Therefore Licencing shouldn't be required in most countries. 
In Australia we have 2 Lamassu bitcoin vending machines already operating.

Now this is an ATM where you can buy and sell bitcoins https://robocoinkiosk.com/ but they're worth $20,000.00 each.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: