Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What altcoins are going to the moon?  (Read 3095 times)
AnonyFox (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:06:22 AM

I've heard of DogeCoin and Coinye Coin, but I know there are a lot of altcoins out there. What is the general consensus on what coin is the best to invest in? Is BTC in for another rise?

Also, what coin is the most profitable to mine right now?
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:31:48 AM

lottocoin and earth coin
eclipso

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:58:39 AM

You guys are in luck.  There is another 150 page plus poll of the experienced members and the coin voted most likely to succeed and profit in the future was QUARK.

Here is some info about it:
http://www.qrk.cc/
http://www.quarkcoins.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0
http://mgstoneset.wix.com/quark

Granted the current price is around .07 a coin but the kicker is that it can ONLY be mined with a CPU.  Meaning that it can be mined by anyone, and it keeps the big dollar investors out of the game.  CPU mining is extremely low power consumption, and easy to set up and use.

I just set up some miners tonight and already have a few coins to show for it.

If you want to see the going rate for alt-coins I suggest either of these sites:

http://coinmarketcap.com/
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
EMIYA

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:04:49 AM

Dogecoin.

Much coin. Very currency. Wow! Joking. But I guess Litecoin? It seems to be doing okay for a Alt. Coin, while Dogecoins are more or less used for the lulz.
ibejammin

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:07:33 AM

I predict Stablecoin to be very relevant within the next 6 months
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:08:32 AM

DOGE of course Grin
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:12:01 AM

You guys are in luck.  There is another 150 page plus poll of the experienced members and the coin voted most likely to succeed and profit in the future was QUARK.

i just saw another poll where quark is rated highest-its called:  What are the biggest scam/sh*t coins out there?: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361286.40

so what to believe?
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:14:28 AM

Are you telling me a coin thats already been mostly pre-mined isnt the future? Damn  Embarrassed
dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:32:08 AM

If you want in for the long term i say go for Goldcoin!
It is not as hyped as many other coins and it has been pretty stable compared to other alts

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
bassdude
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

megacoin
CoinAmmo

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:57:00 AM

lottocoin and earth coin

Earth coin is awesome! check out the poolerino pool,

MintCoin - MNT - PoW/PoS Hybrid energy Saving! - GO MINT Coins!!!
MNT - MYugcMRrY7uySY9i3LX4kUz1aGJy7FwCuC
mathayus

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:01:07 AM

How about worldcoin, seems to have lawyers and investors on its board.

The website looks nice anyway.
Mazeltov

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:02:50 AM

So far I can tell it's every coin which I didn't mine. And bitcoin.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:48:38 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 10:01:53 AM by FalconFly

IMHO no Altcoin is going "to the moon" anymore - unless BTC and LTC go "to the moon" from where they are now (and most people don't realize going to the moon is actually a quite dangerous & risky trip).

In the current, mindless frenzy of people owning any mining-capable hardware who missed the original trains of BTC/LTC - they get served what they want.
Ever-brand new tracks made of cardboard & plastic, scale 1:48 or smaller - just for the sake of entering a train at its launch station (any train). And they are allowed to waste electricity for whatever coin people make up just to make them feel finally I'm on board @departure and might get rich. The very definition of FIAT, transported into the digital world. Brilliant.
None of this will end well for most.

The only funny, next thing would be "Brain Coin" requiring manual, human calculation limited to pocket calculators Grin
(at least what would educate and train people at math, so that's actually a true value generated here *g* )

I'm honestly waiting for an "Altcoin Generator Construction Kit" Software sold, allowing anyone to create a coin within 5 minutes... for only 499.99$*.
( * Hosting & Pools not included, order separately for only 299.99$/month ! )
That would truly be a viable and completely valid business plan for the Greater Fool Theory Wink

On a more serious note, in the long run most of these newer clone/pump&dump Altcoins will primarily serve one single function - damage Crypto Currency reputation.
Given their inflating numbers, that's something they could actually get really good at and help opening the door to "emergency cryptocurrency regulation" by governments to "prevent further financial damage to their citizens" by coin failures.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Dial595

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

IMHO no Altcoin is going "to the moon" anymore - unless BTC and LTC go "to the moon" from where they are now (and most people don't realize going to the moon is actually a quite dangerous & risky trip).

In the current, mindless frenzy of people owning any mining-capable hardware who missed the original trains of BTC/LTC - they get served what they want.
Ever-brand new tracks made of cardboard & plastic, scale 1:48 or smaller - just for the sake of entering a train at its launch station (any train). And they are allowed to waste electricity for whatever coin people make up just to make them feel finally I'm on board @departure and might get rich. The very definition of FIAT, transported into the digital world. Brilliant.

The only funny, next thing would be "Brain Coin" requiring manual, human calculation limited to pocket calculators Grin
(at least what would educate and train people at math, so that's actually a true value generated here *g* )

I'm honestly waiting for an "Altcoin Generator Construction Kit" Software sold, allowing anyone to create a coin within 5 minutes... for only 499.99$*.
That would truly be a viable and completely valid business plan for the Greater Fool Theory Wink

On a more serious note, in the long run most of these newer clone/pump&dump Altcoins will primarily serve one single function - damage Crypto Currency reputation.
Given their inflating numbers, that's something they could actually get really good at and help opening the door to "emergency cryptocurrency regulation" by governments to "prevent further financial damage to their citizens" by coin failures.

there are already coingenerators?!

i predict ltc and eac a bright future at least this year. nobody can tell how the whole cryptocointhing will go
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:33:32 AM

Dogecoin will hopefully grow..

Coinye is another story though.. If we are lucky, then they make namechange and rebrand the coin itself..

I am going to make a serious coin that it a bit of a copy off the LiteCoin, but isnt gonna be as "Easy" to get loads of.
So the coin is getting some accual value Smiley

FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:44:04 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 10:56:31 AM by FalconFly

@Dial595

Haha *omg* that was a joke...
I wouldn't be surprised to see one though, one day in the future Wink
I honestly think there's money to be made with that right now, if a coder with too much time at hands feels so inclined to make one.

Dogecoin will hopefully grow..

Coinye is another story though.. If we are lucky, then they make namechange and rebrand the coin itself..

I am going to make a serious coin that it a bit of a copy off the LiteCoin, but isnt gonna be as "Easy" to get loads of.
So the coin is getting some accual value Smiley

lol

Hardly any of these rip-offs have any actual value (apart from their entertainment factor to witness a ponzi restart and the fools rushing into them).

DogeCoin holds the current crown, designed as a functional but clear joke about AltCoin inflation but immediately taken serious by the blind, zombielike greedy masses within days (!).
The irony of that was beyond words, really hard to top that Wink

Some of the "fresh Altcoin" fans are so dimwitted, one could toss them a "TheftCoin" where a random percentage of Coins is subtracted from random wallets @ each block discovered...
And you'd actually find people seriously "hoping this takes off" Tongue
It has reached really bizarre dimensions...

-- edit --

To answer the original Poster's question :
Buy a certain amount of BTC and LTC, plus a P2P based currency you prefer. Then just wait for a profitable exit (even after biblical events occur) and hope for the best - and accept a total loss should a coin die.
That's the only way to profit, while avoiding the entire Greater Fool Industry to the max. extend...
Oh, and don't follow the "profit zombies"... They smell "profit" from miles away and rush in to get wiped out, like Lemmings. Must be their religion or something...

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
nathan_kia

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

I think the scrypt coins which are basically copy of litecoin won't have a chance to go to the moon. They might go out of the earth atmosphere but they won't make it to the moon. I would say new projects, second generation of crypto, mastercoin, NXT, etc might have a chance.

johnywalker

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:48:09 AM

I think it makes sense to buy NXT forks

eclipso

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:04:55 PM

There already is a "coin generator" out there... http://coingen.io/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: