Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 1054 times)
jtphenom (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

A show called "Person of Interest" (in a new episode) just had a scene with someone talking about "Bitcoin" and people's use of it in an online drug market. Bitcoin was started by an anonymous person they call "Sphynx" or some nonsense. Anyway, pretty cool! Cheesy
jtphenom (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:43:54 AM

Maybe it's not so good after all! These idiots are trying to make BTC look bad by implying that BTC = Black Market Drugs, i.e. the entire reason BTC was created. Fucking assholes.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:13:41 AM

Maybe it's not so good after all! These idiots are trying to make BTC look bad by implying that BTC = Black Market Drugs, i.e. the entire reason BTC was created. Fucking assholes.

Do you watch "Almost Human"?  They have had 3 episodes out of 8, that mentions bitcoins.

The nature of these shows are to find criminals, so yeah it is gonna seem to imply BTC is bad. The fact that these shows know about BTC is huge! Almost Human is a futuristic show and people have BTC hardware wallet usb type sticks. Amazing shit!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:18:59 AM

Ripple and Bitcoin were both mentioned yesterday in a show called "The Blacklist" as well.

In the show a government analyst supposedly transferred $5,000,000 from a bank account through Ripple to ECash exchanging it for Bitcoin and then sending it through a mixing service that he trusted before transferring it to a new bank account to make the transfer untraceable (All in under 120 seconds).

I guess they can't be expected to get all the details right, since it would make for a boring show to have to sit around and set up false identifications, get verified by an exchange, and wait for confirmations.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:21:14 AM

Bitcoin certainly has a big time negative connotation in the media. That's what makes it exciting for them and sells their views!  But regular money is used just as much for illegal purchases

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:22:50 AM

Ripple and Bitcoin were both mentioned yesterday in a show called "The Blacklist" as well.

In the show a government analyst supposedly transferred $5,000,000 from a bank account through Ripple to ECash exchanging it for Bitcoin and then sending it through a mixing service that he trusted before transferring it to a new bank account to make the transfer untraceable (All in under 120 seconds).

I guess they can't be expected to get all the details right, since it would make for a boring show to have to sit around and set up false identifications, get verified by an exchange, and wait for confirmations.

Haha, maybe in the future this will be possible. When we all have quantum miners  Cheesy
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:52:27 AM

the drug market is old news  Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:49:43 AM

wake me up when Price is Right goes Satoshi.  On second thought, wait until Price is Right is over, then wake me up and tell me how it went.
riclas

Activity: 208
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

the whole episode (and series) was actually really cool.

The owner of an online drug marketplace that operated on bitcoins was being transferred by HS on a flight to europe. they called it all different names, except for bitcoin.
The show has actually surprised me with a ton of episodes regarding present matters, including PRISM, NSA surveillance, and now silk road. very well done Smiley

portuguese p2p trader. telegram @riclas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: