Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got my rigs up, what to mine?  (Read 619 times)
Korzan757 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:27:56 AM

As the topic states, I just got my 3 rigs running and I'm not sure what to mine.  Got 3.6mh/s to throw around, split between 3 rigs. Any suggestions?
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:59:45 AM

I would suggest mining in a scrypt multipool, where it automatically mines the most profitable coin at that time. Then trade that for LTC or BTC, since these are somewhat "too big to fail" compared to other coins.

I think multipool.us does this
eclipso

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:33:28 AM

LTC - Lite coin is the silver to bit coins gold.  

I'm in this pool: https://hypernova.pw/

They have an awesome interface and an android app you can use to monitor your workers when you are not at your computer.
Vincento

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:50:10 AM

middlecoin is another great auto switching site!
stilberk

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:57:38 AM

You can also check http://www.coinwarz.com/
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:24:44 AM

The people above are on the right path. Since you know its a lot easier to mine other alt coins, eg: doge coin.

If anyone got a tutorial on setting the miner from start, to finish. That would really help.

Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:37:50 AM

Alt coin Ron Paul Coin based on Scrypt seems very promising, it's got a cap of 2.1 million coins, one-tenth of what the cap is of Bitcoin. I think personally it will exponentially rise in value. Other than that you got Coinye which i think will also rise based on the hype and media attention or Doge-coin. If you want to be safe, Litecoin and obviously Bitcoin but the difficulty is rising that even a few mh/s wouldn't be significant even in a pool for decent results.
ibejammin

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:55:46 AM

Your best bet would be to start with a multipool, as it will farm the most profitable coin for you.
Sunny94

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:29:54 PM

It depends of what you wanna do, if you wanna a fast ROI then go for auto-switching pools

If you aim to really get rich and feel more confident about what coin you should choose :
you will have to take more risks and try to find the next bitcoin/litecoin/doge/whatevercoin and mine it from start before it gets to insane difficulties

Even more risky, you can also try to mine the next possible pump, if you are able to detect possible pump&dump coins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: