Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:28:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to take over a coin  (Read 3963 times)
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:46:50 PM

OP: Have you researched BitShares? You can actually be paid through the protocol as a delegate if you present a project to the community you want to work on to support the BTS ecosystem and the community at large believes in your abilities and project idea. To be a paid delegate, you must be voted into the top 101 active delegate slots. Each BTS == 1 vote, and holders of BTS are able to vote for the delegates they want through the client. 100% pay rate delegates are currently making roughly ~$2500 at the current market cap.

One example of a project that needs to be done is building integration to the various open source ATMs like Lamassu.

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:41:58 PM

Maybe take over is a strong word?

I made a whole post about this regarding ColossusCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842940.0

I am looking for experienced coding help to remake the coin and start fresh. You would already have support from the core community, coding help from me, resources to a few other coders and exchanges, video and marketing production, already made forums and website.

I'm sure it would be COLOSSUS! We could do some Colossus give away's, even marvel's Colossus would agree that it has the most marketable name in the industry.

Hit me up if you are interested.

Crest
F-U_itsthePOLICE

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:09:43 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2014, 08:53:01 PM by F-U_itsthePOLICE

Is this the same Kid Crypto (dev of LXC) that works with Bobsurplus and Gekko?

If so, are you guys looking to run a different set of scams since your ICO luck has run out?  I guess the next step in running a constant scam would be to take established coins, put all your current development behind it, and make it look like a successful revamp.  In the meantime, you goons are collecting coins on the cheap, only to pump and dump on others.  I'm sure that's where this is heading.

Good luck with that!
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:15:51 PM

i suggest u take over bitcoin
it have been failing big time lately
price crashing, and lots of scammers around it.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:25:40 AM

I thought it might be easier and make more sense to take over a coin....

I feel "taking over a coin" will never work, but lending a hand to serve the common good of the currency might.

lol this coming from you   Lips sealed
bitLeap

Activity: 1176
Merit: 476

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:43:17 AM

If so, are you guys looking to run a different set of scams since your ICO luck has run out?  I guess the next step in running a constant scam would be to take established coins, put all your current development behind it, and make it look like a successful revamp.  In the meantime, you goons are collecting coins on the cheap, only to pump and dump on others.  I'm sure that's where this is heading.

Good luck with that!

find a moribund coin with a somewhat alive community (bag holders) buy as cheap as possible. use the community (unknowingly) to advertise the scam hype it as the second resurrection in human history popup the coin and dump it hard. kill it for a second time and for good  Cheesy

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:08:38 AM

Good luck with that!

find a moribund coin with a somewhat alive community (bag holders) buy as cheap as possible. use the community (unknowingly) to advertise the scam hype it as the second resurrection in human history popup the coin and dump it hard. kill it for a second time and for good  Cheesy

That would be not noble at all!

Sad if someone has got the knowledge and ability to help and make a difference, but would prefer to use their potential to harm others.

But, well, humans can be so weird...

vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:29:47 AM

You should look into ORA. Dev just did the bolt, no ICO, and it's going to be a NXT monetary system coin when the MS gets launched.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.msg9695651#msg9695651

+1, joining ORA would be a very wise career move.

+1
Pastafarian

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

Sativacoin (STV) Development Team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 09:39:34 PM

Please join is at Sativacoin (STV) Smiley We have recently taken the coin over as a community and progress is moving along quickly. With your help we can become the trusted and most valuable coin in the mj sector. I have reached out to many merchants, exchanges, and services and have received a very positive response. Please visit our new thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874071 and do not hesitate to contact me!

Thanks for your time,
Arnel
Pastafarian

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:50:53 PM

If coin is abandoned, most probably it has not got a good reputation. Hard work IMO. Anyway, good luck.
Pastafarian

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:06:48 PM

If coin is abandoned, most probably it has not got a good reputation. Hard work IMO. Anyway, good luck.

I see where you are coming from but a strong community is what is fundamental for a coin's success. In less than a week on askcoin.net/votes we have tallied over 1000 votes! Our community is strong and we have a bright future ahead of us Wink

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:18:29 PM

I see where you are coming from but a strong community is what is fundamental for a coin's success. In less than a week on askcoin.net/votes we have tallied over 1000 votes! Our community is strong and we have a bright future ahead of us Wink

Totally agree. But most abandoned coins are bad. And 1000 votes in one week can be done by 1 person only.
Pastafarian

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:43:08 PM

Totally agree. But most abandoned coins are bad. And 1000 votes in one week can be done by 1 person only.

I agree most are. That sure would take a long time for one person though haha Wink With further progress, hopefully you will consider STV!

.SativaCoin.

▐▄           ▌       ,─      
       ▄         ▓▓▓      ▄▓▓       
       █       ▓▓▓    ▓       
        ▓▓▄     ▓▓▓   ▓▓
         ▓▓▄   ▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▓▄  ▓▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▌     
   ██▄    ▓▓█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓
     ▓▓▄  ▓▓▓▓▓▀    
       ▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓
               ▄▄
            ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▀     
          ²    ▐                  
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

Perhaps you would be interested in joining the Quarkbar Dev team. We have taken over the coin in March and implemented some new features. Perhaps you have some suggestions?

You can check it out here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587457.0

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
KidCrypto (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:38:35 PM

Good luck with that!

No that is definitely not me.
KidCrypto (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:45:05 PM

Thanks to everyone for posting information here and sending me PMs. Unfortunately I've been overwhelmed with people trying to get me to "take over" a coin they are bagholding. I have no problem with that except I need github access. So to be clear I am looking for a hand off from a former dev who doesn't have enough time or someone to give me the access. Ideally I would buy up maybe 10% of the coin for cheap, nothing too greedy as we need to have a strong community backing with long term holders.

I am sorry I'm unable to respond to all the PMs.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:23:06 AM

I wouldn't recommend you do that. Especially now while entire crypto scene is bleeding.

I have development skills that far exceed most of the developers in this industry. I can bring something fresh and innovative to the industry. I am looking for a long term project.

But your "fresh and innovative..." somehow requires cloning one or take over and existing one? I am really impressed... please keep me informed of where you land, ok? I will be anxious to invest a huge amount in such a promising project...

By the way, do you realize that there's no such a thing as "long term" ion crypto? It is an anachronism in terms, actually. Much like one night stand and long term relationship... get it?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: