Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:57:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

can we still want to clone the qora, or just do our own coin now?
dev~

We are moving forward this project by issuing the coins on Nxt platform with the feature Monetary System. We taking a practical solution and will be working towards use cases.

We will be testing it on v1.4.0e

is there known how the integration will be of ORA in MS?

our assets will it be necessary to exchange them for others inside the MS?

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:26:54 PM

dev~

We are moving forward this project by issuing the coins on Nxt platform with the feature Monetary System. We taking a practical solution and will be working towards use cases.

yeap, you need to exchange the assets to MS coins, when it is issued. When it is fully tested, we will post a guide on how to do it.

josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:08:40 PM

dev~

yeap, you need to exchange the assets to MS coins, when it is issued. When it is fully tested, we will post a guide on how to do it.

And the coins that you have the main account also will have to redeem them, because I do not think that it is distributed before.

Do you think that soon we will have MS?

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

dev~

And the coins that you have the main account also will have to redeem them, because I do not think that it is distributed before.

Do you think that soon we will have MS?

Yes, MS is planned to go live on the next release 1.4

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 02:09:45 PM

dev~

my ora are all  still in AE asset, will be wait for the convert.
thanks for update.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:36:21 AM

Announcement
I have some sad news today. It appears that our lead developer, nio, has left the project. The reason I say 'appears' is because we can only assume this is the case due to the extended period of time since the core team have heard from him. nio didn't give any indication he was going to leave, and I had already paid him the 2 bitcoin personal bounty from myself, so IMO we definitely had an 'agreement' that he was going to act as ORA lead dev. The truth is nio hasn't really been communicating in any meaningful way on project specific discussions for a long while now, and this is obviously an untenable situation for ORA, and something had to be done.

nio was semi-active through August and into September, but since then he has gone quiet, with just an occaisional brief post on oraforum.org, but nothing detailed involving ORA tech direction itself. He was supposedly working on the ORA website which he told me would be ready in early October. Then he indicated he was going to be busy through to mid November with other committments. As of today we can see that nio hasn't done anything to the website, and hasn't logged into his accounts on BTT or oraforum.org for many weeks. The other ORA founders and I have been discussing the situation privately for a while, and we have decided that it is time to move forward with the tech side of ORA, otherwise we risk the project stalling, and possibly failing due to this extended period of inactivity. I really wish there was another option, but for the sake of the project it is time to face the reality of the situation - nio is gone, and ORA is without a lead dev.

We all hope that nio is OK, and if later on he wants to contact us again and participate in the future of ORA he would be most welcome.

@nio, if you are able to return the 2 bitcoin bounty that would help the project attract a new dev. I'm not sure of your circumstances now, but I am working on the assumption that you weren't a scammer, so I hope you are OK, and I wish you well in the future!

So here we are ... ORA has a (small) committed team of founders, and a specific target that we're ALL very excited about ('NXT monetary system'), but we don't have a lead dev anymore. To date we have tried to conduct ourselves in an open and honest fashion without excessive hype and false promises, and I know I speak for the other guys when I say we are actually quite relieved to have reached the deadline we set amongst ourselves for making this decision regarding nio. It was starting to feel like the ORA founders were keeping a 'secret', and that wasn't what we wanted, but we did all want to give nio as long as we could to 'come good'.

Over the last 4-6 weeks it was becoming more and more obvious every passing day that nio was most likely gone, but in a 'starfish' nobody is the 'Boss', so nobody has been in a position to 'fire' anyone either. After this amount of time it seems obvious what has happened, and it is time to put this 'out there' for everyone else to process. We have obviously lost quite a bit of momentum during Sept, Oct, Nov waiting to resolve this 'situation' with nio, but now it is done, and I'm relieved to be able to move on, but still a little sad & frustrated at what has happened.

I always got a good vibe from nio, so personally I'm worried that maybe something has happened to him, or maybe he scammed me, and my character 'spidey senses' need re-calibrating. Both explanations are quite upsetting, but tomorrow is a new day, and it's time to move forward.

Feedback welcome Smiley

ORA is hiring, lead dev position available, 5% stake available!

helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 03:29:54 PM

Announcement
I have some sad news today. It appears that our lead developer, nio, has left the project. The reason I say 'appears' is because we can only assume this is the case due to the extended period of time since the core team have heard from him. nio didn't give any indication he was going to leave, and I had already paid him the 2 bitcoin personal bounty from myself, so IMO we definitely had an 'agreement' that he was going to act as ORA lead dev. The truth is nio hasn't really been communicating in any meaningful way on project specific discussions for a long while now, and this is obviously an untenable situation for ORA, and something had to be done.

nio was semi-active through August and into September, but since then he has gone quiet, with just an occaisional brief post on oraforum.org, but nothing detailed involving ORA tech direction itself. He was supposedly working on the ORA website which he told me would be ready in early October. Then he indicated he was going to be busy through to mid November with other committments. As of today we can see that nio hasn't done anything to the website, and hasn't logged into his accounts on BTT or oraforum.org for many weeks. The other ORA founders and I have been discussing the situation privately for a while, and we have decided that it is time to move forward with the tech side of ORA, otherwise we risk the project stalling, and possibly failing due to this extended period of inactivity. I really wish there was another option, but for the sake of the project it is time to face the reality of the situation - nio is gone, and ORA is without a lead dev.

We all hope that nio is OK, and if later on he wants to contact us again and participate in the future of ORA he would be most welcome.

@nio, if you are able to return the 2 bitcoin bounty that would help the project attract a new dev. I'm not sure of your circumstances now, but I am working on the assumption that you weren't a scammer, so I hope you are OK, and I wish you well in the future!

So here we are ... ORA has a (small) committed team of founders, and a specific target that we're ALL very excited about ('NXT monetary system'), but we don't have a lead dev anymore. To date we have tried to conduct ourselves in an open and honest fashion without excessive hype and false promises, and I know I speak for the other guys when I say we are actually quite relieved to have reached the deadline we set amongst ourselves for making this decision regarding nio. It was starting to feel like the ORA founders were keeping a 'secret', and that wasn't what we wanted, but we did all want to give nio as long as we could to 'come good'.

Over the last 4-6 weeks it was becoming more and more obvious every passing day that nio was most likely gone, but in a 'starfish' nobody is the 'Boss', so nobody has been in a position to 'fire' anyone either. After this amount of time it seems obvious what has happened, and it is time to put this 'out there' for everyone else to process. We have obviously lost quite a bit of momentum during Sept, Oct, Nov waiting to resolve this 'situation' with nio, but now it is done, and I'm relieved to be able to move on, but still a little sad & frustrated at what has happened.

I always got a good vibe from nio, so personally I'm worried that maybe something has happened to him, or maybe he scammed me, and my character 'spidey senses' need re-calibrating. Both explanations are quite upsetting, but tomorrow is a new day, and it's time to move forward.

Feedback welcome Smiley

WTF, not good news at the key moment,
why tell us untill today? will the plan go on?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
         ▀▀████████████           
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:41:23 PM

Announcement

Feedback welcome Smiley

Just like he said things will move on (to NXT MS).
th4o

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:24:59 PM

Why do we need another dev? For the website? I don't think we need a dev to be able to issue a currency in ms?

The faucet is not working at the moment. The server seams to be unreachable....

About 80% of all ora is currently in the treasury account. What is going to happen with this funds when the ms it's live? Will the total amount still be 1000000?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:01:07 AM

Why do we need another dev? For the website? I don't think we need a dev to be able to issue a currency in ms?

The faucet is not working at the moment. The server seams to be unreachable....

About 80% of all ora is currently in the treasury account. What is going to happen with this funds when the ms it's live? Will the total amount still be 1000000?

We do not need Dev to issue a coin on Nxt Ms (Monetary System). But we need one to develop & work with the Nxt devs to develop use cases for the Ora coins apart from the Nxt client.

The funds are still in the treasury and we will stick to the same distribution plan until it is needed for a change and no change will take place without your knowledge. So no changes so far.

I don't think there is a need for panic. In simple words, Ora will be issued as a Coin/Token on Nxt Platform. To issue the coins you do not need a dev. Anyone can issue them. We have cut short of 1 step.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:02:43 AM

Announcement

Feedback welcome Smiley

Nio left us with no choice. We had to wait for him to tell us something. To make a decision, we had to set a timelimit. So yeah.

th4o

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:21:43 PM

I don't think there is a need for panic. In simple words, Ora will be issued as a Coin/Token on Nxt Platform. To issue the coins you do not need a dev. Anyone can issue them. We have cut short of 1 step.

There's no panic. I'm excited to see ORA as a MS currency Cheesy
Kora (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:36:56 PM

There's no panic. I'm excited to see ORA as a MS currency Cheesy

Thanks for the support!!

Yes, there's no need for panic, in fact I think the situation is still very bright for ORA. In the last couple of days I've had a number of positive PM's from key people offering suggestions & advice, including lyaffe, who is the the lead developer for the core MS system working closely with Jean-Luc.

I think we've established a decent reputation over the last six months as an honest and credible project, and while we might make mistakes along the way, we're obviously serious about this project, and we're not out to scam anyone. People can see we're sincere, and many people would like to see us succeed.

The NXT MS option is incredibly exciting, and ORA being one of the first cabs off the rank will generate both interest, and offers of assistance from key people. The future is bright!

sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:54:41 AM

Qora is going open source on December 9th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.0

It's a pity another project will produce the first clone.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:13:51 AM

I think it is a good move to migrate to a working platform than re-inventing the wheel again.Ora on being one of the first coins being released officially as a currency will have its advantage. Nxt is meant to be a platform, token for currencies. The real advantage would be the devs working with Nxt will help in succeeding this project i believe.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:34:48 AM

As a largish holder of Qora I'm quite excited by the recent OS announcement, but to be honest, I'm also relieved that ORA can sit on the sidelines and watch another project clone Qora. NXT monetary system is going to be a much better fit for ORA IMO, and with crypto it's OK to 'love' many projects, so I'll be interested to follow whoever clones Qora, but glad to be working on something 'original' too.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:47:50 AM

I think it is a good move to migrate to a working platform than re-inventing the wheel again.Ora on being one of the first coins being released officially as a currency will have its advantage. Nxt is meant to be a platform, token for currencies. The real advantage would be the devs working with Nxt will help in succeeding this project i believe.

I agree 100%...  especially with the bold parts.
I agree too!

The task now is the BIG one ... 'what will people use ORA for?' If we come up with a good answer for that, and we 'solve' some real world problems, or make some transactions/interactions possible that haven't been up until now, then ORA has a great future!!

I want to ask ALL ORA supporters & stakeholders following this thread to try and find some time to brainstorm on this KEY question. Find some time in a peaceful spot and meditate for ORA - Why does ORA need to exist at all, what does it let people do, how does it improve the lives of people who use it?

Without very clear answers to these questions we might as well throw our support behind projects that 'know' what they're designed for, like Bitmark & 'marking'. What is the killer feature for ORA?

Lets get some ideas flowing asap! We have some time before the MS is launched, and I'm assuming we'll be able to use ORA 'manually' straight off the bat using a standard NXT client while we develop our own custom app, but what will people use ORA for? This is 'the' key task for ALL ORA'farians - decide as a community what ORA is used for. It's not a test/trick question, but it is *critically* important, and above all else, it's an 'opportunity' to make ORA do something cool & useful, something that helps ordinary people, and improves their situation. ORA might be a general use currency, but it could be a 'niche' currency also.

I have some ideas, and I bet most followers of ORA do too - please share Smiley

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:05:09 PM

^ This is also an open invitation that whoever wants to be in the ORA team to stand up and join us. The basic function of "Send" and "Receive" will exist in every coin, including ORA. But why ORA?

What we are expecting in the coming days, ORA will be released on NXT. The MS system will be tested in v1.4.0e as per Jean Luc's info. Once MS go live, the coins will be exchanged with the assets you guys hold. It is most likely me who is going to do the exchanges. Once you have the coins, you can "spend" the coins almost immediately, however you do need some nxt to use the coins. Once that has been done (coin issuance), we will be brainstorming on development of functions for MS, especially ORA. This is where we will be needing all you experts out there to help ORA grow.

Now, this is what you need to know, ORA is no longer just a plan, but it is DEFINITELY going to go LIVE on MS. ORA is serious!

juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

really a pity, and which project will be the first clone?
ORA still has chance.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:14:32 PM

Find some time in a peaceful spot and meditate for ORA - Why does ORA need to exist at all, what does it let people do, how does it improve the lives of people who use it?

The philosophical twist you gave to the questions makes them very hard to answer...  please allow me a more material answer:

I believe you should have a long serious talk with Come-from Beyond and have him explain a little bit more all his hints in regard to the in-game currency potential...  maybe ORA can pursue such avenue after it has become clearer.  You should also ask James if SuperNET needs support covering any unaccounted aspect that would better its operation.

Aside from the above...  development bounties/efforts need to be directed towards creating/replicating the latest successful Bitcoin efforts such as Purse, Brawker, ChangeTip, etc. (so should every other altcoin out there).

That said...  any idea that brings something unique to the table should have priority over ANY other of course!   Wink

+1 You are right.

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: