Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:15:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra Engineering Update: TerraMiner IV Hashing Live  (Read 5798 times)
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 04:18:05 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 04:17:11 PM by cointerra

DATELINE: 1/14/2014 AUSTIN, TX

In our last update we showed an engineering test board with a single die on one GoldStrike I ASIC hooked up to a bench power supply, controlled by two laptops. Today, for our second update of 2014 we are excited to share the progress that our engineers have made in the past week, and it’s a big step indeed.  For the first time we are able to demonstrate a standalone TerraMiner IV engineering prototype fully populated with four GoldStrike I chips, the BeagleBone Black controller board, CoolIt liquid cooling system, fans and Power-One power supplies – in other words, a real built-up TerraMiner IV!

A real, working TerraMiner IV makes its world debut!

A rear view of the TerraMiner IV on a (slightly) messy workbench.

The engineering refinements and improvements each day have been encouraging, and earlier today we fired this unit up and it has been hashing at approximately 1.6TH/s on the Eligius mining pool. During a break, we shot this short video: http://youtu.be/OS0HOgd7AmI

The TerraMiner Control Panel is on the left and the output from CGMiner is on the right. No, this wasn’t from the future – the Eligius time zone is set to European time.

At 1.62TH/s we have hit a little over 80% of our performance target. We hope you’ll appreciate that our engineers have been making continuous tweaks and refinements each day to improve the power efficiencies on the board to increase performance.

As we enter the final stages of testing and tuning needed before we start shipping, we’ll be sure to report back with any news and information. All of the components are in hand for the first batch of hardware and we’re awaiting the go-ahead from the engineering team before we push the button and start full production.

SEE FULL POST HERE: http://cointerra.com/engineering-updates-terraminer-iv-hashing-live/

**Edit: Fixed broken video link.
**Edit: Formatting.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:23:05 AM

Congrats! Pretty cool to see.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:28:16 AM

Anyone got a link to the mining stats? I can't figure it out from the screenshot.

Buy & Hold
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:40:14 AM

Cool!  Anyone want to sell their early pre-order at cost?  Cheesy

Nah, I didn't think so.
bitblazing

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:46:56 AM

More great news!!! Very very close to their goals!

r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:47:57 AM

Congrats! Any info about power usage?

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:02:52 AM

The address used with Eligius was 1CTtm4iiwqt35Rgew1DQW6Yo3 as far as I could see. That's not a complete address. The rest wouldn't fit in the window. I looked on Eligius's Contributors page (http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/topcontributors.php) and couldn't find that, so I'm guessing they shut down the miner (or pointed it at a different pool) at least 3 hours ago.

Also, here's a working version of the Youtube link they gave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS0HOgd7AmI

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:08:54 AM

how many are in batch 1? 500 units?
miahallen

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:12:35 AM

Humm...I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see better than planned results by this point.  They're not following in KnC's footsteps of "under-promise-over-deliver" as I was hoping they would be.

edit - side note...those fans are totally overkill....I LOVE IT!  Grin
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:27:15 AM

Humm...I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping to see better than planned results by this point.  They're not following in KnC's footsteps of "under-promise-over-deliver" as I was hoping they would be.

edit - side note...those fans are totally overkill....I LOVE IT!  Grin

really?  at 1.6 TH in a 4U single box, you're a bit disappointed ?   they just showed proof... working... the fastest, lowest cost, and smallest working bitcoin mining box that has ever existed... running with only four chips and by the looks of it, at 70 degrees according to their stats, they're not even breaking a sweat....  and you're disappointed?     And they said each day their engineers make it go faster...

they've literally gone from yesterday not being in the mining business... to today, having an extremely impressive box...  hashing faster than any box I've ever seen... that i would happily take delivery of tomorrow...!

I'm fully expecting them to continue tweaking to hit their goals, aren't you?   And whats more..  if i could, id take it right now this second running at only 1.6TH!... as it stands.. wouldn't you?

this proof has literally de-risked my entire order with them.  i now know the chip works.. the board works... the software works... the power supplies work.. the cooling works... and... that they all work together in one box.    Now all they're doing is tweaking it to go 20% faster before they ship it?  heck, thats the smallest leap of faith I've ever been asked to make.

I'm pretty happy with what they showed...

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:52:18 AM

Congrats to Ravi, and the Cointerra team, well deserved and props for an accurate work utility rate displayed.

Haha those fans, sounds like an aircraft!!

(And congrats Jez Wink )

Power consumption?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8420

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:56:22 AM

The address used with Eligius was 1CTtm4iiwqt35Rgew1DQW6Yo3 as far as I could see. That's not a complete address. The rest wouldn't fit in the window. I looked on Eligius's Contributors page (http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/topcontributors.php) and couldn't find that, so I'm guessing they shut down the miner (or pointed it at a different pool) at least 3 hours ago.
Or they punched in the address wrong and it was invalid.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:59:20 AM

Congrats to Ravi, and the Cointerra team. Well deserved, and props for an accurate work utility rate displayed.

(And congrats Jez Wink )

those fans do sound pretty loud.  the stats say 4000 rpm on their demo vid which must be all the way up...  but presumably they can slow them down when they don't need so much cooling

so which country are you in this week alex?

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:02:48 AM

Congrats to Ravi, and the Cointerra team. Well deserved, and props for an accurate work utility rate displayed.

(And congrats Jez Wink )

those fans do sound pretty loud.  the stats say 4000 rpm on their demo vid which must be all the way up...  but presumably they can slow them down when they don't need so much cooling

In the Uk as I had some killer jet lag, and had promised some written work for a deadline, now returning to Sweden. Are you going to the Miami meet?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
aerobatic

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:07:44 AM

(And congrats Jez Wink )

In the Uk as I had some killer jet lag, and had promised some written work for a deadline, now returning to Sweden. Are you going to the Miami meet?

definitely..!  lets have that drink..

-- Jez
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:54:53 AM

Video slows down at 0:24. Any reason?

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:58:29 AM

good question... wonder why... voices certainly sound lower at that point...   perhaps its to let the viewer read the text on the display?
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:27:08 AM

Congrats CoinTerra, this is exciting news!

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:45:07 AM

good question... wonder why... voices certainly sound lower at that point...   perhaps its to let the viewer read the text on the display?
Oh I see, so this is video for dummies that doesn't know how to use pause key/button....

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:46:53 AM

Oh I see, so this is video for dummies that doesn't know how to use pause key/button....

maybe it was hashing at 2 TH after all , and it only seemed slower because the video was slowed down ;-)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: