Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:36:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new Altcoins by new users  (Read 653 times)
shai_ (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:28:06 AM

why almost everyone who launches a coin hides behind a new forum user ?
a new github user
a domain with a hidden whois information

besides... does anyone go through the code of new altcoins ? there could be trojans hiding in the code too and no antivirus will catch it..

it's difficult to know what it legitimate to mine (especially for low hashrate noobs like me).. promising/legitimate altcoin (which only reinvent the wheel) or dust of a well established coin ?
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:10:13 AM

i'm thinking the fact they're new users with no reputation means the con oh i mean coin is too risky to mine.

i have mined more different coins than i own wallets, because most of the time the value of those coins are outweighed by the risk of installing a possible rootkit.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cenari0

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:16:05 AM

Yeah i just realised some of them could hide viruses in there..

so from now on i give them my coinedup deposit address. and if they havent been listed yet i mine it only. not accepting no giveaways on paper wallet anymore
cenari0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:17:09 AM

i'm thinking the fact they're new users with no reputation means the con oh i mean coin is too risky to mine.

i have mined more different coins than i own wallets, because most of the time the value of those coins are outweighed by the risk of installing a possible rootkit.

Have you actually discovered any of these cons .. sorry coins wallet that have viruses in them? im scared that i may have taken one lol
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:26:47 AM

Have you actually discovered any of these cons .. sorry coins wallet that have viruses in them? im scared that i may have taken one lol
on the initial mine i usually see complete clusterfuck when people can't download wallets that work, and in the confusion someone posts malware  

e.g. at the launch of mooncoin this post supposedly contained a 180KB trojan rather than an actual wallet.  (see the quotes down the page for the mega.co.nz link)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg4227115#msg4227115

I still haven't downloaded a mooncoin wallet yet.  oh well i got a bunch of mooncoins stored safely in a pool somewhere, i don't even remember which lol

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cenari0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:07:07 PM

on the initial mine i usually see complete clusterfuck when people can't download wallets that work, and in the confusion someone posts malware  

e.g. at the launch of mooncoin this post supposedly contained a 180KB trojan rather than an actual wallet.  (see the quotes down the page for the mega.co.nz link)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg4227115#msg4227115

I still haven't downloaded a mooncoin wallet yet.  oh well i got a bunch of mooncoins stored safely in a pool somewhere, i don't even remember which lol

Gosh i think i downloaded Mooncoin wallet you know - i even downloaded a wallet for "electric" coin and when i opened the wallet it said mooncoin instead :/

Oh im scared to leave my coins in a pool cos isn't there a limit of time you can leave your coins there? Because i heard that if you dont take your coin out within 2weeks the pool owner takes it?

Plus pools can be thieves sometimes, once i withdrew a thousand coinyes from my pool and i only got 600 lol
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:12:16 PM

I thinks it's becuase devs have not 1 coin, but 2,3 or even more.
And what if some of this coins is not successful?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: