Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} *Monarch UPDATE* From our favorite boy Inaba ~~ More LIEs!  (Read 1486 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:46:42 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 06:48:27 AM by LittleD

*Monarch UPDATE* From our favorite boy Inaba ~~ More LIEs!
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html#post74594

The Monarch roll out rolls forward

The silicon wafers are at the packaging planet as of the 13th of January. Our packaging plant is a multi-purpose plant and will be slicing the wafers into chips as well as packaging them. Traditionally, we've had to send chips to a slicing facility, then to the packaging facility, which incurs time delays. Our packaging facility eliminates that delay. They are also the same packaging facility we have been using for our second iteration 65nm chips and it has worked out very well, so we are familiar with them and they are familiar with us and know what requirements we have for our chips. This should make for fairly smooth sailing as far as packaging goes.

We currently expect our first test silicon chips to take approximately 1 week, give or take a few days, for processing and packaging. As with any cutting edge technology, unexpected problems can delay the process, but it's been fairly routine up to this point, so we are not anticipating any problems. After the packaging process is finished, the chips will be sent to our testing and binning facility in California to bring up the chip for the first time. Since this chip is based off of our 65nm design, the testing/bring up phase should be dramatically reduced from the 65nm chip bring up time, as all the IOs and behaviors are already known quantities. As with the packaging, unexpected problems can cause delays in this area, but we are hoping the bring up/testing process will take approximately one week, give or take a few days.

Once the chip testing is complete and verified, the remaining chips are sent to our Chicago facility for mounting on Monarch boards. At this stage, we will receive the first live Monarch board in our shop in KC a day or two later and we will begin the process of finalizing the firmware and testing out all facets of the board. We have had several prototype boards in for various types of testing, most notably a prototype design with resistors in place of the chips to test electrical connections on the board itself between the various components as well as to test heat load for the cooling system. As the majority of the testing of the board has already been done, unless there's a specific chip/board interface problem (which is unlikely), the board firmware testing and full scale testing "should be fairly quick".

At that point, we will begin assembling the delivery units and start shipping the Monarch shortly after that. Right now, we hope to start shipping the first Monarchs out the door at the very earliest at the very end of January or beginning of February, if there are any problems encountered, it may delay the roll out, but right now everything is going fine and we've encountered no unexpected issues. I will post another update as soon as I have additional information to share.

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:00:19 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 07:24:41 AM by LittleD

What NO extra hasrate Huh WoW i feel bad for your customers. Conterra is giving there customers extra Hasrate but your only giving out more delays ("week this and a week for that and another week for it to come back") Your update is fool/full of weeks. you are weak Inaba, weak! oh.. i mean A week or two lol

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

Well at less we get some FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Water. Thanks Butterfly Labs  Grin

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

It be funny is someone were to overlay the same speech he made about the 65nm miners. Just remember where we all were last year?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post10249
Here is the currently estimated timeline, and while this is subject to change of course, it's pretty solid at this time:

Week of January 13th
Travel to packaging facility for final prep and walkthrough
Confirm travel plans and trip details with lead ASIC engineer for trip to fab

Week of January 20th
Final assembly facility prep
Leave for fab at the end of the week

Week of January 26th
Final chips roll off the line
Grab suitcase, a BMW or a Peugeot and make a break for the airport, Ronin style (You can see Tom about 6 minutes, 20 seconds into the video)
Arrive California at chip packaging plant
KC facility starts assembly process of units to drop PCB into

Week of February 3rd
Chips packaged
Packaged chips sent to assembly house
Assembled PCB is set for final testing and MCU programming
Notify users to start sending their FPGA units or BTC for trade in participants
Bulk assembled PCBs arrive in KC, we start dropping PCBs into waiting units
Boxing/labeling for shipment

Week of February 10th
We implement the 1/3 shipping plan en mass
1/3 of our assembled units will go to new orders in FIFO
1/3 of our assembled units will go to upgrade orders
1/3 will be randomly selected from both groups

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:54:10 PM

It be funny is someone were to overlay the same speech he made about the 65nm miners. Just remember where we all were last year?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post10249
Here is the currently estimated timeline, and while this is subject to change of course, it's pretty solid at this time:

Week of January 13th
Travel to packaging facility for final prep and walkthrough
Confirm travel plans and trip details with lead ASIC engineer for trip to fab

Week of January 20th
Final assembly facility prep
Leave for fab at the end of the week

Week of January 26th
Final chips roll off the line
Grab suitcase, a BMW or a Peugeot and make a break for the airport, Ronin style (You can see Tom about 6 minutes, 20 seconds into the video)
Arrive California at chip packaging plant
KC facility starts assembly process of units to drop PCB into

Week of February 3rd
Chips packaged
Packaged chips sent to assembly house
Assembled PCB is set for final testing and MCU programming
Notify users to start sending their FPGA units or BTC for trade in participants
Bulk assembled PCBs arrive in KC, we start dropping PCBs into waiting units
Boxing/labeling for shipment

Week of February 10th
We implement the 1/3 shipping plan en mass
1/3 of our assembled units will go to new orders in FIFO
1/3 of our assembled units will go to upgrade orders
1/3 will be randomly selected from both groups

We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

[...] but right now everything is going fine and we've encountered no unexpected issues. I will post another update as soon as I have additional information to share.

Except for that whole part where they told everyone they were going to ship late October, early November.  Yeah, right on schedule. 

I nominate Inaba as shittiest COO in the history of that job title existing.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:56:48 PM

[...] but right now everything is going fine and we've encountered no unexpected issues. I will post another update as soon as I have additional information to share.

Except for that whole part where they told everyone they were going to ship late October, early November.  Yeah, right on schedule. 

I nominate Inaba as shittiest COO in the history of that job title existing.

+1  Grin Cool

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:28:05 AM

You many also like:

THE LOCUST‘s “Spitting In The Faces Of Fools As A Source Of Nutrition” music video has just premiered online.

http://www.idioteq.com/the-locust-spitting-in-the-faces-of-fools-as-a-source-of-nutrition-video/

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:35:58 AM

I actually enjoy how bad they are these days  Smiley

It brings me a smile as I sit here coding a credit risk system  ..I have put an egg inside my code that will throw a warning credit risk F ( sorry this is the worst credit lvl that is reserved for frauds & con men...funny about that  )  If an agent bank puts through a Credit Risk Equiry for Josh Zerlan into D&B system ...lolz

I pitty anyone else called Josh Zerlan ... Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:45:25 PM

It brings me a smile as I sit here coding a credit risk system  ..I have put an egg inside my code that will throw a warning credit risk F ( sorry this is the worst credit lvl that is reserved for frauds & con men...funny about that  )  If an agent bank puts through a Credit Risk Equiry for Josh Zerlan into D&B system ...lolz

Cheesy Grin
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:37:22 PM

Awesome, just quoting this to document you admitting to a felony!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Is Josh chirping again?  If only the ignore button would make him disappear entirely instead of just muting his BS.
slicko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

jersey 4 life !!!

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:43:35 PM

pls stfu and flush yourself down the toilet
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:11:38 AM

Thanks for contributing to the development process using the AGILE methodology

I have now implemented your suggestion so that It will return 2 categorys below actual as LVl F was a bit extreme  Kiss

BTW this is how bitcoin works  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: