Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good idea to drop out from college and invest in Crypto Currencies?  (Read 1987 times)
SomeoneInNeed (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:47:59 AM

Yeah, I'm in sort of a dilemma. I'm having a hard time paying the college fees and I plan to drop out and invest in BTC.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:54:17 AM

No, I don't think it's a good idea to invest anything more than you can afford losing it all. If paying college fees are already hard for you, I don't think investing is a good idea for you. Maybe finish the diploma first and then find a job and invest 1/10 of you salary to bitcoin?
o24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:56:10 AM

Yeah bro totally, no. Sure the market isn't going to go anywhere any time soon especially but for you to try to wait for significant fluctuations or another big climb just to sustain your means of living it could be your demise. I see investing as something you do with money you can afford to. Ultimately you're going to make the decision yourself, but I have to advise you not to go crazy and dump your life into a market.
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:15:29 PM

Finish college, plain and simple. That's an investment in your future, as corny as it sounds. It's worth more than short term financial gains.

If all else fails, at least you'll have a diploma when trying to find a job. It'll help you get through the door more than typing "invested in crypto currencies" in your CV.
PureApeshit

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:23:57 PM

Yeah, I'm in sort of a dilemma. I'm having a hard time paying the college fees and I plan to drop out and invest in BTC.

i totaly encourage you!!!!!! droping out of collage is always a good thing wether you will invest in something or not!!!! Cheesy ofc easy for me to speak im hardcore wild motherfucker!!! join the homeless tribe www.homelesstribe.com !! Cheesy
PureApeshit

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:27:53 PM

Finish college, plain and simple. That's an investment in your future, as corny as it sounds. It's worth more than short term financial gains.

If all else fails, at least you'll have a diploma when trying to find a job. It'll help you get through the door more than typing "invested in crypto currencies" in your CV.

such notions are complete nonsense! if you want invest in your future you get brain power!!!! best way to get brain power is to throw oneself into unexpected chaos!!! the main reason why most people are not getting nothing good out of it, is cause when they go into chaos they panic and just try desperate to get out, that is not how to do it! once you make a step from rigid robotic instruction life, to a normal human life you should aproach it do or die way and then you will see trough bullshit and your life will reach perfection as much as it is humanly possible! Cheesy
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:28:48 PM

Do what you want. No one can decide what you would like to do personally, just remember investing always has big risks and you will have to monitor the market very closely. If you enjoy college then you can always do both.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:32:10 PM

Why not do both?

Have you considered transferring to a cheaper college?

Do some work on the side and ask to be paid in bitcoins?

I don't think investing in BTC should take up all your time, what would you be doing with yourself the rest of the time?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Frost000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:39:46 PM

such notions are complete nonsense! if you want invest in your future you get brain power!!!! best way to get brain power is to throw oneself into unexpected chaos!!! the main reason why most people are not getting nothing good out of it, is cause when they go into chaos they panic and just try desperate to get out, that is not how to do it! once you make a step from rigid robotic instruction life, to a normal human life you should aproach it do or die way and then you will see trough bullshit and your life will reach perfection as much as it is humanly possible! Cheesy

To some, college does represent unexpected chaos. While I do agree that getting "real life experience" should either be part of one's education or take center stage before starting a serious career, I don't think it should come at the expense of a formal education, should one be able to pay for it. I agree that falling flat on your nose in life is necessary to advance and round out your life, but it shouldn't come at the expense of something that can help guarantee at least a decent future.

If your post was meant to be completely sarcastic with a hint of irony, carry on!
PureApeshit

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

To some, college does represent unexpected chaos. While I do agree that getting "real life experience" should either be part of one's education or take center stage before starting a serious career, I don't think it should come at the expense of a formal education, should one be able to pay for it. I agree that falling flat on your nose in life is necessary to advance and round out your life, but it shouldn't come at the expense of something that can help guarantee at least a decent future.

If your post was meant to be completely sarcastic with a hint of irony, carry on!

im serious! as much as it is possible be serious in words. what you consider decent future? being dumb? even with money? only good life messure is the brain power, because with brain power you can make everything else, education these days = get a paper which will convince hiring companies that you are good slave(as in you will cope with bullshit well), for any position which do not require slave labour, like anything creative only factor is what you can do and your past work(portfolio), if you focus on your education basicaly means you giving up on life.
Frost000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:14:19 PM

im serious! as much as it is possible be serious in words. what you consider decent future? being dumb? even with money? only good life messure is the brain power, because with brain power you can make everything else, education these days = get a paper which will convince hiring companies that you are good slave(as in you will cope with bullshit well), for any position which do not require slave labour, like anything creative only factor is what you can do and your past work(portfolio), if you focus on your education basicaly means you giving up on life.

I agree that traditional education is severely lacking for those heading into creative professions. Nonetheless, doing a course to gain the necessary knowledge (with a diploma/degree or not) to accomplish what you want to do (let's say you want to become a VFX compositing artist) definitely wouldn't hurt. The point is, you can indeed be self-taught in anything you want, but it's not always the right path to take.

For example, if the op wants a career in finance, without some form of diploma/degree/certification, he could be shit out of luck.

All in all, I find that education can definitely open a lot of doors that could otherwise be shut. On the flip side, NOT having a degree/diploma could very well close certain doors that may be desired by certain people. So to answer your question, to me a decent future is one where I am able to choose which options I want and which I may not want. If you consider three years of college education a "waste of time" since you're missing out on "life" for those three years, that's your prerogative. Others might take those 3 years, get a formal education and "live life" at an even more rewarding and higher level than you.

A life with no education might cater greatly to some due to the more numerous opportunities to "live life" as it were, but it's not the kind of life that's recommended for the majority (98%+) of people.

But that's just me.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:49:47 PM

Dropping out of college to do something else is a double-edged sword. You could win big eventually, or you can lose and then have no money and no qualification, but you don't necessarily need qualifications to get ahead in life, just drive and determination.  And as above said, why not do both? Work really hard and invest some money in coins whilst you study; maybe it'll pay off or maybe it wont. It's risky either way but only you can decide. You can always go back to college later right?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

OP: what are you studying in college? Some career paths require a degree more than others. If you want to be a business owner, then you need money and drive, not a diploma. If you want to be a programmer, college degrees might not do as much good as just sitting down and learning it yourself. But if you want to be an accountant or chemist or engineer or doctor or lawyer, nobody will hire you without the relevant degree.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:04:44 PM

OP: what are you studying in college? Some career paths require a degree more than others. If you want to be a business owner, then you need money and drive, not a diploma. If you want to be a programmer, college degrees might not do as much good as just sitting down and learning it yourself. But if you want to be an accountant or chemist or engineer or doctor or lawyer, nobody will hire you without the relevant degree.

This is true and all good advice. We need more details, but only you know what's best for you. The stress or no money an d not being able to afford college might not be worth the hassle; but at the same time maybe the opposite is true and you should persevere.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:06:23 PM

No, I don't think it's a good idea to invest anything more than you can afford losing it all. If paying college fees are already hard for you, I don't think investing is a good idea for you. Maybe finish the diploma first and then find a job and invest 1/10 of you salary to bitcoin?

I do not think this is a good idea at all. A key rule to investing is if it payed off would you be happy (Obviously) but if it failed would you be happy (Not at all). I do not think you should drop out of collage and invest in BTC. Perhaps trying to get a job and finishing up collage would be a better idea for now.
-AM
Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:22:52 PM

This is true and all good advice. We need more details, but only you know what's best for you. The stress or no money an d not being able to afford college might not be worth the hassle; but at the same time maybe the opposite is true and you should persevere.

The other thing to consider is if you would even be able to do any investing in BTC? If you barely have enough money to attend college, then how would you survive off of investing? It takes a large amount of capital to live off the profits from investing, where are you getting that kind of capital?

Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:13:53 AM

Sounds like one of the worst decisions you could possibly make

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

Not only is this a good idea, it's a brilliant idea

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:33:24 AM

It really depends what year you are in. If it is just the first year you can consider Smiley

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:55:14 AM

If you decide to do this, I guess college wasn't a ideal solution for you.  You are supposed to get smarter...

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: