Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The rough seas are calming. The calmness before the storm perhaps!  (Read 874 times)
NChosting (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:43:13 PM

Are there any upcoming event to destabilize BTC? OR is it smooth sailing as far as the eye can see?

Are there any websites with landmark events that have happened and is going to happen. Maybe we can see how it has and will effect BTC price?

e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:44:36 PM

End of the Chinese year, US senate hearing at the end of the month

stancarrott

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:01:36 PM

End of the Chinese year, US senate hearing at the end of the month

IMHO much of the effect of end of Chinese new year (no more fiat withdrawal from exchanges) has been mostly absorbed into the price by now. I imagine the the Chinese who still have BTC will now be hodling regardless, otherwise why wait until the 31st to sell?

US hearings could have an impact though, since if there's a lot of people in fiat waiting the see what the end of the month brings....

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it's not the US senate but the New York State Department of Financial Services that is meeting to discuss BTC this month.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/new-york-state-announces-bitcoin-hearings/
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:13:17 PM

I would say that is to early to say that  price stabilized. We will see a lot of action in february. There is still unreleased pressure out there.. 
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

Are there any upcoming event to destabilize BTC? OR is it smooth sailing as far as the eye can see?

Are there any websites with landmark events that have happened and is going to happen. Maybe we can see how it has and will effect BTC price?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cf57a59c-7d39-11e3-a579-00144feabdc0.html

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
stancarrott

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:33:10 PM

For those who can't access that FT link above:

http://www.coindesk.com/wells-fargo-summit-bitcoin/
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:44:50 PM

The current situation feels a lot like the situation back in June with so many people anxious about MtGox withdrawal problems and wanting to stay out of the market until things were resolved. Well things never got resolved, but as other exchanges got bigger, and SecondMarket and China got involved the price just shot up like crazy ever since the SR event. Now we're in a situation again when many people are anxious about China and its biggest exchange Huobi, and so many people are holding fiat and want to wait for things to get resolved again. Well, I doubt things will get resolved this time and the situation in China and Huobi will probably still be very much unclear in February. So I think something is going to trigger the next big bull rush again within the next couple of months, maybe even as early as the beginning of February as people realize Huobi isn't being shutdown and they might as well buy back in.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: