Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:26:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, I'm registering because pool.coinyechain.info stole 500,000 coinye from me  (Read 1309 times)
HMX (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:56:38 PM

It's definitely half shame on me, for not installing the wallet and for keeping it in the pool.. but really, who goes and does this? Just up and runs with everything. Same thing happened with doge.scryptpools.com, but I only had a tiny spec of dust in it. I guess I'll only trust pools which have real info published in their whois.

I'm wondering if anyone is planning to do an information request on his registrar: domainsbyproxy.com. Seems pretty easy to do, if you have a lawyer draft up a letter requesting that it be produced. Anyone know a lawyer? What's the precedent for this kind of thing? Do people track the person down, and then go to their house requesting reimbursement? Does a BTC bounty collection get started as a reward for whoever tracks the person down and presses reimbursement? Are there bitcoin bounty hunters?

If you're reading this, operator of coinyechain.info, what's up, and why?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:08:32 PM

It's definitely half shame on me, for not installing the wallet and for keeping it in the pool.. but really, who goes and does this? Just up and runs with everything. Same thing happened with doge.scryptpools.com, but I only had a tiny spec of dust in it. I guess I'll only trust pools which have real info published in their whois.

I'm wondering if anyone is planning to do an information request on his registrar: domainsbyproxy.com. Seems pretty easy to do, if you have a lawyer draft up a letter requesting that it be produced. Anyone know a lawyer? What's the precedent for this kind of thing? Do people track the person down, and then go to their house requesting reimbursement? Does a BTC bounty collection get started as a reward for whoever tracks the person down and presses reimbursement? Are there bitcoin bounty hunters?

If you're reading this, operator of coinyechain.info, what's up, and why?

Scammers do. Lot's of 'em here. Use these pools for crapcoins at your own risk.
CarlWillhelmG

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:03:22 PM

the same happened to me... does somebody know who the admin is?
Tumn1s

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

Same thing happened to me, although I only lost about 100k coins and took out 500k before the site went down.
kck

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:54:31 PM

me also they stole coins, approximately 400k
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:58:48 PM

What is 500,000 crapcoins worth?  $1.50?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

What is 500,000 crapcoins worth?  $1.50?

lol  500,000 crapcoins is worth just a little under 10 scamcoins.
CarlWillhelmG

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:32:16 PM

for me it was 9mio ... -.-
dasper

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:52:14 PM

Don't worry about it.  Coinye was worth a shot and it didn't pay off.  Legal pressure was too much for many.  As such no major Exchange will touch it with a 6 foot pole. 

Keep Calm

and

Coinye On
NickW

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:22:33 AM

I also lost a small amount from this.

I believe it was run by the same person as dogechain.info i.e. this user https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=22614
BXecQsgdpKUIwBcQPo88

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:02:32 AM

He stole three million coinye from me. A the very least he could have sent an email to the address we registered with telling us we have one day to withdraw our coins. Instead he just shut down the pool without warning.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:19:59 PM

He stole three million coinye from me. A the very least he could have sent an email to the address we registered with telling us we have one day to withdraw our coins. Instead he just shut down the pool without warning.

I don't think that's how scammers work lol.

BTW like your username. Unique at least  Cheesy.
CarlWillhelmG

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:05:49 PM

i discovered that they had to take the pool down due to legal pressure... i dont think the poolguys are scammers, i think they lost money on that too...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: