Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice & Opinions of P2P Exchange  (Read 368 times)
imjosh (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:31:24 PM

Hey Guys,

Although I don't post often (except saying hi), I tend to follow pretty closely with all the different awesome projects everyones working on!

I've been thinking about working on a bit of a side project and I wanted honest feedback.

I've had a lot of issues with LB and haven't really seen any improvements coming and it's quite frustrating. So I decided I want to work on my own.

Problems:

a) Transaction fees: (I'd expect 1% from a credit card company)! So for 4BTC on this partially functional platform (separate issue) I have to pay a $35 fee (which has also caused countless errors).

b) Messaging: It's frustrating that the only way any contact can be made is if a transaction is in progress. This is by far one of the more frustrating issues.

c) Minimum to display ad: You must have at least 1 BTC in your account to display an ad. That's a lot of Bitcoin for the new guys!

d) The Funding System: I'm forced to re-use same wallet address for all transactions (I know a lot of people are upset about this as well)

e) Downtime: Whenever I actually need to use the escrow service, it's down.

f) Market price formula: I hate being forced to lock a price in far ahead of the actual transaction.

Along with these "problems" I just think the site is poorly strung together. I'm not usually one to pick at designs, but for newer people getting involved, I think their UI needs some serious modifications.
Finally, I've been seeing a lot of people post about having altcoins. Although unrelated, It'd be cool to see more!

Thoughts? You can be as brutal as you want.  Lips sealed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: