Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [META] distinguish hosted pool shares from mass hardware buys  (Read 520 times)
amer (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

I think it would be really helpful to come up with some way to differentiate between buying shares in a pool and buying physical hardware as part of a mass order.

Technically, many of the hardware sellers aren't doing a group buy at all (which is when a bunch of individual consumers pool funds to purchase an institutional quantity of item at discount prices). They seem to be more like stores with a limited inventory, or the buyer purchases first/personal risk and then coordinates delivery to each individual.

More importantly, some of these posts are for "a share of something" and some of these posts are for actual physical hardware that is to be delivered. It would be nice to standardize on how that's depict - not necessarily via subforums, but with tags in the subject.

Example:

A similar convention is already being voluntarily followed to some degree to indicate if group buys are open or closed.

Just a thought to keep things organized, feel free to tear down (also this post probably belongs in a different forum)

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miner_2049er

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:10:26 PM

Sounds useful, but I would just use the well-known abbreviation of {HW} vs. {HARDWARE}
goggles1200

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:13:23 PM

Why stop there? Just make it a subcat. of group buys. That way you can just select which you want to see rather than searching through all posts to see what is what.
infamousdutch

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:33:24 PM

Why stop there? Just make it a subcat. of group buys. That way you can just select which you want to see rather than searching through all posts to see what is what.

I like the subcat better, helps reduce static.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:11:00 PM

Yes, please do this.  I also favor separate subforums for each type.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
twib2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:01:29 PM

I too would like separate subfora for the different types.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: