Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:08:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops .. Is it fortune or scam?  (Read 400 times)
baccar (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:14:07 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 11:25:06 AM by baccar

Is it even worth participating in airdrops?
"I have participated in about 250 airdrops since February and so far only received about 30 that are worth only a few dollars".

Does that sound familiar to you? This certainly concerns many of you and therefore I would like to explain it to you in the best possible way:
Airdrops are a long term play. Most of them take about 3 months until the tokens are distributed.
In addition, some projects fail and the tokens are never distributed.
What I have also noticed in recent weeks is that significantly more projects than we initially suspected are fraudsters or fakes.

Quality over quantity
I know there are tens of Telegram channels, web sites, bitcointalk threads and others that post many airdrops a day.
But do you really believe that they are all legit?
will be successful?
will the tokens really pour out?
will be worth something?
I doubt this for the absolute majority of projects!

Are they worth it now?
To answer the question from my point of view: There are a few airdrops that are definitely worth it. A good example is the HYDRO airdrop. The 222,222 tokens have recently been distributed and are currently worth about $2000 , but I believe that 95% of all available airdrops are not worth it. Therefore you have to search for and concentrate on the remaining 5%, like Hydro!
Theo222

Activity: 449
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:19:48 AM

"I have participated in about 250 airdrops since February and so far only received about 30 that are worth only a few dollars".

Does that sound familiar to you? This certainly concerns many of you and therefore I would like to explain it to you in the best possible way:
Airdrops are a long term play. Most of them take about 3 months until the tokens are distributed.
What I have also noticed in recent weeks is that significantly more projects than we initially suspected are fraudsters or fakes.

Quality over quantity
I know there are tens of Telegram channels, web sites, bitcointalk threads and others that post many airdrops a day.
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?
To answer the question from my point of view: There are a few airdrops that are definitely worth it. A good example is the HYDRO airdrop. The 222,222 tokens have recently been distributed and are currently worth about $2000 , but I believe that 95% of all available airdrops are not worth it. Therefore you have to search for and concentrate on the remaining 5%, like Hydro!

in my expirience in last year all my airdrops are legit because i earn lot of profit.
all coin that i receive are legit and i get profit every single coin i have.
but this 2018 all of my airdrops are scam and we need to pay a few eth to be able receive the coin that we are joining to.
baccar (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:23:47 AM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?

in my expirience in last year all my airdrops are legit because i earn lot of profit.
all coin that i receive are legit and i get profit every single coin i have.
but this 2018 all of my airdrops are scam and we need to pay a few eth to be able receive the coin that we are joining to.

I think a panel of senior members of Bitcoin Forum should be engaged in testing committee of all ICOs & airdrops leading to clarifying its potential success to all investors
LKingLion

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:27:09 AM

Hello... How do we know if the airdrops are legit because as you said more are not. I also think that it is definitely hard to distinguishe the airdrops that we will have a decent payment at the end. Maybe to solve the problem take the risk to join and let's hope that it will be a good reward.
Truongvandoan

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

Airdrops is a long term game. Need some knowledge and good luck
MountainConqueror

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

Mountains is my passion

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:33:28 AM

It's a method to get a huge numbers on their Telegram and Twitter accounts, they have to attract people that way otherwise nobody would mention their project. I'm not participating in any airdrops but some people (mostly from poor countries) are making their living that way
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?

I don't like airdrop i don't believe that airdrop is 100% scam i know that there's still airdrop project that totally exist but i don't want to join it because i'm afraid to scam. For now i just want to join in bounty campaign and to invest in good platform project.

bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:05:30 PM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?
its hard to search a airdrop that in a future have value because some airdrop are convincing that their project is a good and has very good whitepaper but at the end is still scam if you want yo earn on airdrop u need to join as many as you can but you also to aware that some airdrops are just collecting some information.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:11:09 PM

I really hate participating to airdrops right now. Because in the population of AIRDROPS 90% of it are scams so it is not a good thing to join airdrop right now. Hopefully change will come in the future because i missed the old airdrop when all of it is profitable.
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:11:34 PM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?
I suppose to get a valuable coin in the airdrop depends on luck. It is difficult to know in advance and choose.
Meritmanio

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

airdrops are waste of time. very few are genuine.
Casalania

Activity: 491

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?
yes, there are some airdrops which is worth it, but its really rare to find one. most of the airdrops that you can be part with is scam. you are lucky if the airdrop will give you token.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
digitran

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:02:26 PM

Participating in airdrops are not so great, where we can get worthless amount. But very few airdrops will provide good amount.
REBL

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:09:02 PM

agree with you! I also think that there are far more false airdrops than we think! I did a month of airdrops last month and I only received one cryptocurrency! Worth $5! I am very disappointed!
Merdeop

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:14:37 PM

Many of the airdrops I had a chance to participate turned out to be scum. I think I'm not the only one. In 2017, it was possible to earn good money on airdrops, but now a lot of fakes.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:22:34 PM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?

Airdrop can give you an advantage if airdrop actually pays, but for now a lot of airdrop does not pay and I think it's just a waste of time. But if you have patience, you can continue to participate in airdrop, and you can earn extra income.

natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

There are some airdrops out there that you can earn or make money but there are also some that requires donations of ether for their scam activities.
Drachmadev

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

Not all will be legit or crazy profitable and not all will be scams but it gives an opportunity to get a few coins to start off your wallet and attract more people

It's random and only heavy reading and research can help you tell which coins are worth your time

IE your judgement once you are well informed
Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:27:18 PM

Quality over quantity
will be successful?
will be worth something?

Are they worth it now?
I could say that airdrops are just scam and just a waste of time. Even if there are legitimate airdrops, they don't give us fortune because they are just giving us pennies.
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:32:20 PM

Airdrops are scams, waste of time and waste of money (for buyers). Is there any successful airdrop token from the last year? All of them are worthless now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: