Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:39:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerns about the fluctuation, even dramatic, of the price of Bitcoin...  (Read 5840 times)
ThiagoCMC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:54:58 AM

thiago you are 100% right the success of linux(now android and the many other linux ofshoots) and bit torrent are all entirely due to the power of the open source concept. this why we trust it we don't want bitcoin to become dll(microsoft) city of closed and locked boxes. Lack of transparency weakens all technology and also creates distrust... The transparency of open source is entirely what has and always will ensure the bitcoin's success...

AMEN

AMEN!!!   LOL      Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David M

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:19:56 AM

In my opinion, the best thing for Bitcoin at this point would be a couple of quiet years without much of the crazy adoption/growth/"ungrowth" that we've seen recently. In that time, the client could become rock solid and infrastructure (exchanges, etc.) could become well-established. It seems that things will continue to go fast, though.

Markets give you what you deserve, not what you want.

The beautiful Bitcoin, swimming in the creative destruction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:27:12 AM

Don't you know about Nikola Tesla?! He did all he did, not for money. We have global electricity, he develop and built the first hidroelectric power plant FOR US! For no money. He was a real human being.
Thiago

Have you been watching the National Geographic channel "Known Universe" marathon?  They just had a segment on Nikola Tesla and his coil.  Neat stuff!  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ThiagoCMC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:27:36 AM

In my opinion, the best thing for Bitcoin at this point would be a couple of quiet years without much of the crazy adoption/growth/"ungrowth" that we've seen recently. In that time, the client could become rock solid and infrastructure (exchanges, etc.) could become well-established. It seems that things will continue to go fast, though.

Markets give you what you deserve, not what you want.

The beautiful Bitcoin, swimming in the creative destruction.

Markets give you what you can pay for.

And if you aren't able to pay for food, you will gonna die. Following the "laws of the market" as "we" do today...

Even if there is a lot of food on Earth... Markets tell you to let the food rot, and to not donate.

All in the name of profit.
ThiagoCMC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:32:30 AM

Don't you know about Nikola Tesla?! He did all he did, not for money. We have global electricity, he develop and built the first hidroelectric power plant FOR US! For no money. He was a real human being.
Thiago

Have you been watching the National Geographic channel "Known Universe" marathon?  They just had a segment on Nikola Tesla and his coil.  Neat stuff!  Smiley

SURE!!!  :-D

I'm gonna rebuild the Wardenclyffe Tower, to send Wireless Electricity, voice and data, to entire Planet Earth, free for all. I'll continue the work of Tesla, with Bitcoins!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of Tesla, I read a lot of books from him, plus some patents... Tesla rulez!!  :-D

They tried to make the world forget his name - Nikola Tesla the greatest Inventor of all time:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaxD_4n3KMg

Cheers!
Thiago
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 10:22:02 AM

There is no mess going on with Bitcoin right now. Is someone still thinking about Bruce Wagner or the hacks? Who cares? The security in sites such as Mt. Gox has been improved very significantly, Tradehill has been secure from the start and is building the Bitcoin.com site which will include a site similar to Mybitcoin in functionality.

On top of that we're probably very close to the release of new Bitcoin wallet with built-in encryption etc. This whole thing is just getting started. The reason the price drops right now is three-fold, 1) There are morons out there who think Bruce Wagner matters and sell 2) There has not been major hype for Bitcoin in a while 3) And this is the most important: traders have seen a downward trend and they have been selling.

So what needs to happen is a) people forgetting about the bad stuff that has happened during the last few months b) we need to build infra and services and get some good news coverage again c) show the traders there is an upward trend

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:06:54 AM

Money is a false incentive.

Exactly. I am a developer. Money is not the issue.

I've started a big project, now it is on hold for several month already.

Reasons? Total mess and lack of clear leadership of BitCoin (not that I pretend), uncertain BitCoin fate with all the scandals, hacks, legal problems, scalability issues, and again - the general mess and the amount of morons, nobody can do anything about.

It's just a mess now. I guess we have to let it sort of die out, the price to drop to 1-2 dollars, morons get tired and move to new online "adventures" and then this project can quietly and slowly begin to evolve into something usable...

So apparently your project depend on BW and/or mybitcoin, so it is great that it wont see the light.
If not, nice trolling attempt.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:23:22 AM

Also, mtgox screwed mtgoxlive up. The graphs are not at all even close to accurate
actually greedy and /or naive miners did (and do ) have something to do with the price.
when you actually expect to sell @ 10$, 8$ , 6$ ... it is going to get ugly. Until someone with resources decides to buy it in just before the next bubble.
as for the tesla subject that someone mentioned.
i think that tesla was working with dc. global electricity is used with ac.
Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 11:32:51 AM

So apparently your project depend on BW and/or mybitcoin...

Apparently?! Who's trolling now?

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 11:45:03 AM

Here is a very recent IRC-log from just a few minutes ago, from the owner of Mt. Gox:

[14:23:25] <@free'MagicalTux> btw I see that most of the bitcoins we were watching (stolen coins) were sold today
[14:25:26] <@free'MagicalTux> TuxBlackEdo: no, stolen coins from other police reports
[14:25:38] <@free'MagicalTux> however we don't have enough proof to do anything
[14:25:43] <@free'MagicalTux> there is only reports from people

Timestamp is Finnish time. It's an interesting bit of information. Seems that thiefs have been accelerating the sell-off significantly.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 11:52:58 AM

for now the only things that people are buying with Bitcoins are USD and drugs, but that's going to change soon with the advent of high-quality developers backed by high-equity funding.

Can you buy USD or drugs on Amazon now? 'Cause there are lots of people buying stuff on Amazon through http://spendbitcoins.com Wink.

aq

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:53:20 AM

So apparently your project depend on BW and/or mybitcoin...

Apparently?! Who's trolling now?

Let us go over your points:
I've started a big project, now it is on hold for several month already.

Reasons? Total mess and lack of clear leadership of BitCoin (not that I pretend), uncertain BitCoin fate with all the scandals, hacks, legal problems, scalability issues, and again - the general mess and the amount of morons, nobody can do anything about.
No fundamentals have changed. Bitcoin is the same as a few month ago.
I guess with scandals you mean BW, and by hacks you mean mybitcoin.
There are no other issues in bitcoin, apart from very imaginary ones like it could not be up to task of serving billions of users *tomorrow*.
I really hope your project does not depend on the actual number of morons on this very forum.
So that leaves only BW and mybitcoin.

Care to tell us anything about this "big project"? I mean it is on hold anyway, and maybe it is a good idea and some other developer does not care as much as you about BW/mybitcoin.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Care to tell us anything about this "big project"? I mean it is on hold anyway...

No. Precisely because it is on hold and there is nothing to show.

What's the point? To gather all the "boo's" from all the booers? When something is done you can always tell them - "say what you want, but this is done and working".
When there is nothing to show - what's the point?

aq

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 12:38:50 PM

Care to tell us anything about this "big project"? I mean it is on hold anyway...

No. Precisely because it is on hold and there is nothing to show.

What's the point? To gather all the "boo's" from all the booers? When something is done you can always tell them - "say what you want, but this is done and working".
When there is nothing to show - what's the point?

and maybe it is a good idea and some other developer does not care as much as you about BW/mybitcoin.
Maybe someone else wants to finish it.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 12:50:08 PM

Ideas are cheap. Anyone can say "I want to live on the moon". Yeah, that's a neat idea.
The question is - how are you going to do it? Implementation is everything. Small day-to-day decisions during project development.

So, sorry, I see no point, let's leave it at that.

aq

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:01:35 PM

Ideas are cheap. Anyone can say "I want to live on the moon". Yeah, that's a neat idea.
The question is - how are you going to do it? Implementation is everything. Small day-to-day decisions during project development.

So, sorry, I see no point, let's leave it at that.

So in essence there is no prove that you even have an idea, let alone some project on hold Sad
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 01:17:48 PM

So in essence there is no prove that you even have an idea, let alone some project on hold Sad

I don't think I have to  prove anything to you.

Also - this kind of attitude is exactly why I don't talk about anything that is not finished.

aq

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 01:29:42 PM

I don't think I have to  prove anything to you.

Also - this kind of attitude is exactly why I don't talk about anything that is not finished.
It seems you don't understand. There are tons of developers here. If your idea would be as good as you say, some could join you.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 01:37:12 PM

It seems you don't understand. There are tons of developers here. If your idea would be as good as you say, some could join you.

Tons of developers here, who just want to join somebody else's project? Really? Smiley

Come on, aq, let's finish this discussion. Don't you have better things to do? Wink

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:48:45 PM

as for the tesla subject that someone mentioned.
i think that tesla was working with dc. global electricity is used with ac.

Your thinking is very, very wrong. Educate yourself before you start thinking. Ideally, sit down and read textbooks and patents - don't just watch youtube.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: