Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: another mention of bitcoin on primetime TV  (Read 4303 times)
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 07:08:07 PM by franky1

Edit: I'll try to keep this top post updated with primetime TV shows mentioning bitcoin

so thats:
The Goodwife
Simpsons
Almost Human
Criminal Minds
Person of Interest.
Justified
Law & Order
BlackList
NCIS
House of cards
Silicon valley

big named TV shows mentioning bitcoin. please keep posting any shows you come across

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:17:30 PM

None of them can touch The Good Wife though. First it debuted a full two years before any of the other shows mentioning Bitcoin, but it was also completely dedicated to Bitcoin too.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:26:53 PM

None of them can touch The Good Wife though. First it debuted a full two years before any of the other shows mentioning Bitcoin, but it was also completely dedicated to Bitcoin too.

I bet you guys got pretty excited about that round here back then lol.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:30:00 PM

A few of us decided to do shots of "insert appropriate alcoholic beverage here" every time the show actually said "Bitcoin" (expecting it to be very few). Boy... did that turn out to be an interesting night. My memory isn't as good as it used to be (probably because of that night) but the final count was somewhere above 70.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
cdooer

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:56:29 AM

although i do not like highlighting the silk road history. The TV show 'person of interest' series 3 episode 13 mentions bitcoin  in context of (kinda loosely) the arrest of DPR.

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

big named TV shows mentioning bitcoin

Bitcoin just got a shout out on Criminal Minds. Wasn't in the best light...paying for hookers, but any press is good press?
SirBitsalot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:31:57 AM

although i do not like highlighting the silk road history. The TV show 'person of interest' series 3 episode 13 mentions bitcoin  in context of (kinda loosely) the arrest of DPR.

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

Bitcoin just got a shout out on Criminal Minds. Wasn't in the best light...paying for hookers, but any press is good press?
Lol let's be honest here; a hooker that accepts Bitcoins probably isn't your typical corner-trash hooker. That lady is probably a high-end prostitute!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:53:20 PM

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

Lol let's be honest here; a hooker that accepts Bitcoins probably isn't your typical corner-trash hooker. That lady is probably a high-end prostitute!

OR just an entrepreneurial hooker. I like her vision.
cdooer

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

Ha ha, you mean 'liked' her vision...it didn't end well for her.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:01:00 PM

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

Ha ha, you mean 'liked' her vision...it didn't end well for her.

You do realise she's just a TV character? lol But I recommend all sex workers and any other businesses start accepting Bitcoin.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

And I would say, that you can make good movies with Bitcoin as (on of the ) topic(s). Because Bitcoin has something mysterious and revolutionary - in the real world.
- Satoshi Nakamoto (alone this)
- Silk Road
- hacking
- copy it and bring up a new coin (that maybe overcome Bitcoin). In a movie you don't have to be accurate. Someone invents a proof of work that can spy on people, cure cancer, search engine, what ever.
- the goverment destroys the money, hyper inflation and Bitcoin come

And like I said: A movie don't has to be a documentary. It can be inaccurate to get more dramatic Wink

PS: What is about that Bitcoin documentary? "The rise of Bitcoin"?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
SmoothMoose

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:25:07 PM

was just mentioned this week  albeit in a negative money laundering light,
the show was "The Blacklist"
great show  in Canada  was pretty sweet to hear still.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:05:35 PM

I was jumping up & down inside my house watching that episode (my wife can confirm), haha.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:08:22 PM

so thats
the goodwife
simpsons
almost human
person of interest.

That's kind of what they were talking about.  Apparently, with the internet, prostitution has left the streets and moving more online.  Definitely, a situation where you want cash bitcoin involved.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:21:02 PM

Almost human has mentioned it a few times... I'm just waiting for it to show up on Shark Tank now... lol
 Cool
franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:06:57 AM

adding to the list.
Justified
Law and Order

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:15:23 AM

Almost human has mentioned it a few times... I'm just waiting for it to show up on Shark Tank now... lol
 Cool

pfft.... i would never expect those sharks would understand any tech phenomenal. There is a reason why those guys are only millionaires except Mark Cuban (whos clearly too cocky to admit a paradigm shift)

In short, it will be like this.....

"Bitcoin? i heard it was a scam"

"How do i get my money back? I want a loyalty on every.... whatever bitcoin related tx...."

"Your evaluation is way too high. No cash flow only bitcoin flow... that means i will only give you $100k max"

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:42:53 AM

The Blacklist mention:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19n27t_blacklist-mentions-ripple-and-bitcoin_lifestyle

franky1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:09:02 AM

added a few more to the top post, please keep posting any mainstream TV shows/movies that mention bitcoin. also note that news/skits, need not apply

CoinRocka

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

House of cards:  reporter explains deep internet used for bitcoin laundering.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:24:23 PM

ok seems like these shows are giving it a bad name instead of making a plot a person makes a game and then becomes successful using bitcoin will bring in more oportunist instead of promoting negativity asscociated with it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: