Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashCoins - Blockchain technologies that work  (Read 331143 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 09:44:03 AM

Great news today from HC, I got the order confirmation document through email, which means it’s a matter of 6/7 weeks till I get my Uranus Miner.

(edit to make smaller)

Best of luck to you.  It looks like they already pushed it to may on document, it does not say only april.

I still find it hard to believe it's in "*Uranus is in the stage of testing and certification." at this point.   I just honestly don't think they have the chips, but I could be wrong.  It's all my opinion.  Still does just show a rendering....

My guess is they'll license someone elses chips, so timelines might be even more vague.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:00:26 AM

Great news today from HC, I got the order confirmation document through email, which means it’s a matter of 6/7 weeks till I get my Uranus Miner.

(edit to make smaller)

Best of luck to you.  It looks like they already pushed it to may on document, it does not say only april.

I still find it hard to believe it's in "*Uranus is in the stage of testing and certification." at this point.   I just honestly don't think they have the chips, but I could be wrong.  It's all my opinion.  Still does just show a rendering....

My guess is they'll license someone elses chips, so timelines might be even more vague.

I would agree that is a possible option.  Just if that's it they are doing nothing at all and just waiting.  Right now there are no chips in open market to get the "0.26 watt per gigahash".  

If they are planning to license I would have more respect if they come out and say it and not say in testing stage. I guess I just am weary with never seeing a Zeus even out of them.

And I could be wrong and they come out of this as a great producer.  I  don't know their business plans. I just think Uranus down to the name is kinda a joke, and not expecting it.
00king00

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:17:27 AM

(edit to make smaller)

Best of luck to you.  It looks like they already pushed it to may on document, it does not say only april.

I still find it hard to believe it's in "*Uranus is in the stage of testing and certification." at this point.   I just honestly don't think they have the chips, but I could be wrong.  It's all my opinion.  Still does just show a rendering....

Thank you for the positive reply, and yes, as per HC statement, delivery between 6 to 7 weeks from the payment clearance, which I just got it today.
rogelio11

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

If they assure me that Tanja will be in the office, I'll go there and pay cash and wait a couple of days until I can pick up the miner :-)

Are you really going to buy from them?  I just could not justify it with math below:

Apollo V3 1.1 TH/s - $749
Not much better then the old A1's on efficiency and just a little more power then them.   The A1's you can find around 1 BTC.  Approx $550 dollars cheaper.

Zeus V3 4.5 TH/s - $2999 USD
It's been month's and we have not seen a single one of these (that I know of). 
S5- 340 each times 4 =1360 + psu's and you get the 4.5 TH for around half of a Zeus.

Uranus 6TH/s - $3299 USD (Pre-Order)
Nothing like it on market, no proof.  It's nearing shipping time of end of Q1 2015.

Scrypt
Ares 256 MH/s for $3499 USD
AlcheMiner 256 MH/s $999 each.  So 3x for cheaper.

good to know. gonna write it down and just go for the other places. i might get a Alcheminer 256 MH/s from them instead.

Dont forget the 5.5 TH/s SP35 Yukon Power from Spondoolies-tech. cost $3,595.00. I might get that one too in the future. that one is properly the closest from the myth Uranus 6TH/s device.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:47:01 PM

If they assure me that Tanja will be in the office, I'll go there and pay cash and wait a couple of days until I can pick up the miner :-)

Are you really going to buy from them?  I just could not justify it with math below:

Apollo V3 1.1 TH/s - $749
Not much better then the old A1's on efficiency and just a little more power then them.   The A1's you can find around 1 BTC.  Approx $550 dollars cheaper.

Zeus V3 4.5 TH/s - $2999 USD
It's been month's and we have not seen a single one of these (that I know of). 
S5- 340 each times 4 =1360 + psu's and you get the 4.5 TH for around half of a Zeus.

Uranus 6TH/s - $3299 USD (Pre-Order)
Nothing like it on market, no proof.  It's nearing shipping time of end of Q1 2015.

Scrypt
Ares 256 MH/s for $3499 USD
AlcheMiner 256 MH/s $999 each.  So 3x for cheaper.

good to know. gonna write it down and just go for the other places. i might get a Alcheminer 256 MH/s from them instead.

Dont forget the 5.5 TH/s SP35 Yukon Power from Spondoolies-tech. cost $3,595.00. I might get that one too in the future. that one is properly the closest from the myth Uranus 6TH/s device.

Yea of all the companies that split the chips AlcheMiner seems to be cheapest, In my opinion they are trying to clear out all inventory considering their price cut.

The thing the Uranus has is a very low wattage usage, but again I think vaporware.  So most likely next gen from a different company to get what hashcoins advertised.
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:33:06 AM

Is this company legit? anyone with experience doing their cloud contracts? What's their ROI?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:42:54 AM

Is this company legit? anyone with experience doing their cloud contracts? What's their ROI?

I would not go near their cloud contracts.  They have shipped 2 miners I believe Appollo, and Ares (which 3 companies split the chips).   The Zeus and Uranus have not shipped to my knowledge.  And prices are rediclous on miners compared to similar options. 

I would look at other options if you want my advice.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:22:20 AM

I would not go near their cloud contracts.  They have shipped 2 miners I believe Appollo, and Ares (which 3 companies split the chips).   The Zeus and Uranus have not shipped to my knowledge.  And prices are rediclous on miners compared to similar options. 

i've got no dog in this fight but from their site vs what you can get new 2nd batch titans at 400mh in box knc units on ebay (3.5K) if you are gonna go the miner route
i'd probably go with the new in box titans on ebay (or used) for less money and in hand

just saying for those with elec costs low enough and with the inclination towards equipment (me at 15c kwh them days are gone for new stuff)

anyway from what I could tell from the prices on their main page...am unaware of any deals etc beyond what was posted there

my 2c worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:30:00 AM

i've got no dog in this fight but from their site vs what you can get new 2nd batch titans at 400mh in box knc units on ebay (3.5K) if you are gonna go the miner route
i'd probably go with the new in box titans on ebay (or used) for less money and in hand

just saying for those with elec costs low enough and with the inclination towards equipment (me at 15c kwh them days are gone for new stuff)

anyway from what I could tell from the prices on their main page...am unaware of any deals etc beyond what was posted there

my 2c worth

I have no dog in it either.  I just hate to see people cheated or make a bad choice.   If they were going to get the Ares from here Scrypt
it will be for around for $3499 USD.

Now if they go with AlcheMiner 256 MH/s it will be around $999 each.  So 3x for cheaper for same chip unit.  They were one of the 3 companies that split the chip shipment with hashcoins.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:45:00 AM

my 2c worth

I have no dog in it either.  I just hate to see people cheated or make a bad choice.   If they were going to get the Ares from here Scrypt
it will be for around for $3499 USD.

Now if they go with AlcheMiner 256 MH/s it will be around $999 each.  So 3x for cheaper for same chip unit.  They were one of the 3 companies that split the chip shipment with hashcoins.

I forgot about alcheminer....but from what i understand Huh? (could be wrong don't jump on me) the machine is OK hardware wise but they are getting i heard only about 200mh rather then close to the 256mh mainly with firmware issues and/or the same pool problems the titan had for 2 months...tweaking at the pool end...i'm also not sure how fast they are getting them 999 units out (1295 with shipping to usa) so another concern

if you have better /more current info please share on the above...but frankly the 1295 IF THE COOPERATIVE EFFORTS on www.litecointalk.org (see thread) pan out....well IT MIGHT be
worth getting a good working miner ..if they are as such at that price for the alcheminer 256 units....but me at 12c kwh again them days are probably past and am just running my current titans to doorstop status

a nice pop to $2 LTC would certainly clarify all this (a guy can hope)

again only thing that caught my eye is a guy stuck with 10 400mh Titans new in box unopened has been dribbling them out on ebay a few at a time ...i think with the 2 he has on auction now he maybe has 4 or 5 left? last ones went for 2.5K i guess looking at my links below

here is the link for those braver then myself with cheap electric

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-KNC-Titan-KNCMiner-Titan-Batch-2-Scrypt-ASIC-Litecoin-Dogecoin-Miner-/121627813897?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c51952809

the above is #1 on there now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-KNC-Titan-KNCMiner-Titan-Batch-2-Scrypt-ASIC-Litecoin-Dogecoin-Miner-/121627812180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c51952154

the above is #2 on there now

for reference sake the below link is sold titans on ebay that actually went out the door at these prices for those interested

Search: adv tab sold items using term:  KNCMINER TITAN

link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=kncminer+titan&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Search: adv tab sold items using term: KNC TITAN

link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=kncminer+titan&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xknc+titan.TRS0&_nkw=knc+titan&_sacat=0

so it goes...just so folk see where I'm coming from on these prices...others can chime in on what they see from other manufacture's of scrypt miners etc etc

again just for reference above for anyone interested (or not my expertise is lacking limited...just from what i can tell)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:21:37 PM

Hi everyone. After reading the whole thread (yes, the 32 pages), I have concluded that in spite of some concerns about the real performance of a particular miner (the Zeus), the company seems legit for me. They have been operating for more than a year, they have sent hardware worldwide, they have sent even 2 testing units to a member of this forum that have been reviewed, and besides a particular case of an unhappy client in this thread, I can’t find dozens of threads of clients blaming the company (as other examples we all have in mind). Frankly, I think the company is delivering the hardware and that many concerns are due to instinctive distrust in new manufacturers and personal interests in other cases.

So I decided to pre-order 4 Triton boards. And as I want to contribute to the community, I will share with you a follow-up of my experience to try to clear the status of the company. To make clear that I am a real purchaser, this is the order confirmation of the 2 first boards: http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w30/hakkane/Order_5616%20blurred_zps3wjqrx9q.jpg  
I placed the second order on Friday 24, so I still don’t have the confirmation: I will post it as soon as I have it. Tritons are currently preorders, and they indicated me that they plan to start shipping them on May.

Some people may be concerned about I am a newbie in the forum, and thus I can be a fabricated user, as other users have been accused of. For those, I recommend to look at my posting history: you will find high quality posts as a broad analysis of the hash rate evolution https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018398.0 (where of course I invite you to participate :-D) or an elaborated guide & review of a miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022085.0 I think this kind of posts are not compatible with a false account ;-)

Stay tunned!
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:12:51 PM

Stay tunned!
Will do - good luck Smiley

In the mean time - looks like they launched a cloud mining solution;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg11191601#msg11191601

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:22:03 PM

Stay tunned!
Will do - good luck Smiley

In the mean time - looks like they launched a cloud mining solution;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=878387.msg11191601#msg11191601

Another new user ordering.   Well either way wish you the best of luck.  Hope all goes well.

Happy Mining..... hopefully
00king00

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:24:11 AM

Hi everyone. After reading the whole thread (yes, the 32 pages), I have concluded that in spite of some concerns about the real performance of a particular miner (the Zeus), the company seems legit for me. They have been operating for more than a year, they have sent hardware worldwide, they have sent even 2 testing units to a member of this forum that have been reviewed, and besides a particular case of an unhappy client in this thread, I can’t find dozens of threads of clients blaming the company (as other examples we all have in mind). Frankly, I think the company is delivering the hardware and that many concerns are due to instinctive distrust in new manufacturers and personal interests in other cases.

So I decided to pre-order 4 Triton boards. And as I want to contribute to the community, I will share with you a follow-up of my experience to try to clear the status of the company. To make clear that I am a real purchaser, this is the order confirmation of the 2 first boards: http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w30/hakkane/Order_5616%20blurred_zps3wjqrx9q.jpg  
I placed the second order on Friday 24, so I still don’t have the confirmation: I will post it as soon as I have it. Tritons are currently preorders, and they indicated me that they plan to start shipping them on May.

Some people may be concerned about I am a newbie in the forum, and thus I can be a fabricated user, as other users have been accused of. For those, I recommend to look at my posting history: you will find high quality posts as a broad analysis of the hash rate evolution https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018398.0 (where of course I invite you to participate :-D) or an elaborated guide & review of a miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1022085.0 I think this kind of posts are not compatible with a false account ;-)

Stay tunned!

Good luck mate :-)

My order for Uranus v1 Miner still under "Processing" status (as mentioned in this thread) maybe ship on first week of May as well!

I will keep tracking for it in this thread and unboxing pictures and youtube!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:40:36 AM

Stay tunned!

Good luck mate :-)

My order for Uranus v1 Miner still under "Processing" status (as mentioned in this thread) maybe ship on first week of May as well!

I will keep tracking for it in this thread and unboxing pictures and youtube!

Maybe they will prove me wrong.  In times like this I like being wrong.  Looks like they did switch from rendering to some physical case (no way to know working or not, to little info) - https://www.hashcoins.com/buy-asic-miners/buy-uranus/  So i will admit I was wrong that I thought it would stay at rendering.   

I still don't see them being the first one to product a product with the most efficient chips of anyone that we know of.  I personally still would not order.  But intresting they changed site image.  But they have not logged in here since     March 31, 2015, 06:32:07 PM  which is odd if they do have something coming out anytime soon.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:06:18 PM

Hopefully we'll find out what's inside these things Q1 2015.  I mean before the end of April.  I mean 6-7 weeks from April 6th.  I mean Soon™ after it ships the first week of "Maybe".  For an order placed March 23rd.

But yes, yay new picture - very Yukonesque Smiley

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:38:19 PM

Next update will be extended delays while they wait for the 14nm Lktek chips to be ready.

To be clear I'm talking about the SHA256 miners not the scrypt miners which shouldn't even be a topic of discussion in this part of the forum.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:47:33 AM

Next update will be extended delays while they wait for the 14nm Lktek chips to be ready.

To be clear I'm talking about the SHA256 miners not the scrypt miners which shouldn't even be a topic of discussion in this part of the forum.

Maybe so [regarding chips].

I don't think its a problem to discuss scrypt miners in here for companies that sell both types, otherwise we'd dilute the discussion and people needlessly. Same for SFards, their one chip does both so should we split the discussion?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:32:27 AM

Maybe so [regarding chips].

I don't think its a problem to discuss scrypt miners in here for companies that sell both types, otherwise we'd dilute the discussion and people needlessly. Same for SFards, their one chip does both so should we split the discussion?

I think in this case it makes sense, the talk of scrypt here is very little for most part.  Their current scrypt gear is just 3 times what others sell for.  So it's just pre-order stuff.

And btc they still sell some very old tech gear (I'm guessing have not seen any pictures of new gear in a while).  But it is also mostly pre-order.

With the main factor being them following up and if they do ship the pre-orders it's really the same conversation.  Q1 is pretty much done, if they do not come out with something soon or at least log in here and say something they will almost certainly be labeled as a scam for sure. 
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:39:02 PM

In spite I have purchased scrypt miners, what I am talking is about the company Hashcoins. As this is the official thread, for me it makes sense to post here and not anywhere else. Besides, as Dogie and Notlist says, I think when a manufacturer sells both types of miners or dual machines it is better to have all the conversation in the same place. The ideal solution would be to have a “Manufacturers” sub-forum independent of Bitcoin and Alts, but this is not the case…

Q1 is pretty much done, if they do not come out with something soon or at least log in here and say something they will almost certainly be labeled as a scam for sure. 

I agree it would be nice seeing them over here actively and sharing news and updates. However I can’t blame them. If I was running a small but honest company that have been honoring purchases, but in a forum I saw nothing but negative and aggressive comments of people that are not even clients, probably I would refuse to keep posting there and continue to run my business communicating with my clients through the rest of channels.

In spite of that silence, for my peace of mind I see that the company has not gone dark and makes progresses: The real pics of the Uranus, they launched last week a new cloud mining service, they agreed when I asked permission to share the Order Confirmation… Apparently they keep moving forward.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: