Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashCoins - Blockchain technologies that work  (Read 331147 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

PS! I'm not going to send boards or prove something to any user at his/her request.

Stop with the scamming please!

bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:56:33 AM

Irrespective of the rest of the discussion, when the publicly known author of cgminer as the person who wrote the software and driver you're allegedly using says that your screenshot is impossible, the community is in their right to call your claims a scam and you should provide an explanation or provide a public apology and retract your claims.

We publicly apologize for the fact that we have an unresolved issue with WU values in combination of our board and the cgminer. Our developers are dealing with this issue. We changed components on the board leaving cgminer and the driver unchanged since it functions well at that. In fact, all equipment we have shipped came with cgminer based web interface.

I was a fan hoping the Zeus would be real and be decently priced.  I just like hardware.   Can you go into more detail on what the issue such as what infact caused the numbers to look better then it was?

If someone has a Zeus please PM me so that I can take a look at the system image, I suspect that will answer this question.

Mining Software Developer.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:29:39 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 08:09:36 AM by MrTeal

Second, you devalued your own name when you went from being a seemingly legit manufacturer of hardware based on other people's boards, to just making up impossible specs and faking "proof" of them.
Third, I did get an official response from your company before I posted negative feedback. That official response was handwaving about a magic board and a faked cgminer screenshot.

Allegedly falsified. What would you do to make it right if its not faked?
There's two things there. Not only do the WU values not match the hash rate,  but the reported hash rate is literally a physical impossibility at the reported frequency. And yes, I am using literally correctly.
Honestly I tried to give them every chance to say that they just made a mistake, but they're just sticking with it. 860GH/s is a physical impossibility at 950MHz. Even outside of the extremely dubious claims on the power efficiency, there are several things wrong with what was posted. Is it possible that they ran that on an original pentium and the fdiv bug made the frequency and the hash much higher than they should be? Well, no. But even if it were, you rerun the tests and update with the real values.

Not that it matters, but if it hit 900GH/s and 0.65J/GH at the wall, I would remove the negative trust, add positive, buy a Zeus, and hire them any time I need a board design done on top of a big public apology.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 05:19:04 AM

Second, you devalued your own name when you went from being a seemingly legit manufacturer of hardware based on other people's boards, to just making up impossible specs and faking "proof" of them.
Third, I did get an official response from your company before I posted negative feedback. That official response was handwaving about a magic board and a faked cgminer screenshot.

Allegedly falsified. What would you do to make it right if its not faked?
There's two things there. Not only do the WU values not match the hash rate,  but the reported hash rate is literally a physical impossibility at the reported frequency. And yes, I am using literally correctly.
Honestly I tried to give them every chance to say that they just made a mistake, but they're just sticking with it. 860GH/s is a physical impossibility at 950MHz. Even outside of the extremely dubious claims on the power efficiency, there are several things wrong with what was posted. Is it possible that they ran that on an original pentium and the fdiv bug made the frequency and has hate much higher than they should be? Well, no. But even if it were, you rerun the tests and update with the real values.

Not that it matters, but if hit 900GH/s and 0.65J/GH at the wall, I would remove the negative trust, add positive, buy a Zeus, and hire them any time I need a board design done on top of a big public apology.

Sounds good, lets see how it goes.

johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 09:30:29 AM by johny08

Well, my Apollo v2.4 did 620G/H. Thats one chip with watercooling. its pretty impressiv. However i dont know the stats for the new board.

Cloud Mining is starting on the 20th. and it shows already for me just stable results and payouts. #

Edit:

Anyone is having a proof that the new version of the Yoli board is not achieving the promised values?
cintrondigital

Activity: 630
Merit: 507

CryptoRoundTable.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:05:28 PM

I ordered 2 Ares and I just received the first one today. I'm going to fire up the unit and will let you guys know how it performs. Thank you Hashcoins for shipping this unit and getting it to me before the holiday.

▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:21:10 PM

Well, my Apollo v2.4 did 620G/H. Thats one chip with watercooling. its pretty impressiv. However i dont know the stats for the new board.

Cloud Mining is starting on the 20th. and it shows already for me just stable results and payouts. #

Edit:

Anyone is having a proof that the new version of the Yoli board is not achieving the promised values?
No one's seen the new version of the Yoli board.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

I ordered 2 Ares and I just received the first one today.
- any customs/duties ? how easy was receiving process?
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
cintrondigital

CryptoRoundTable.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:44:41 PM

It was shipped to my business. It came overnight ups. I'm assuming im going to get taxed. My business imports from china constantly.

MA3A

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:48:47 PM

Do you know amount that is non taxed if importing goods in to USA? (400$ ?)
added: as far as i know you cant get goods until they are cleared from customs... unless im missing something

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
cintrondigital

CryptoRoundTable.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:51:28 PM

I ordered 2 Ares and I just received the first one today.
- any customs/duties ? how easy was receiving process?
Thanks

cintrondigital

CryptoRoundTable.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:52:45 PM

They probably paid the taxes, unless ups picked up our business name and address and charged us.

MA3A

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:17:23 PM

Do you know what they mention in customs form - what kind of merchandise is being shipped and what was the claimed value? Do you anticipate your business being invoiced later for this package? Trying to see what are additional expenses are...besides hardware price itself.
Thank you very much for the info!

cintrondigital

CryptoRoundTable.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:26:47 PM

Aside from the Invoice, there isnt a copy of the customs form. The description on the waybill is Comp.Parts. Billing: P/P (not sure, but i think it means Pre-Paid)

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:14:47 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss any concerns in the thread.]

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:38:57 PM

added: as far as i know you cant get goods until they are cleared from customs... unless im missing something

If its coming from China to US or from Europe to US there won't be any customs, duty or tax charges AFAIK, there isn't usually.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:43:49 PM

If its coming from China to US or from Europe to US there won't be any customs, duty or tax charges AFAIK, there isn't usually.

My units have been shipping via EU so far. Its really weird when the UPS guy comes and doesn't demand payment :s

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:53:18 PM

My units have been shipping via EU so far. Its really weird when the UPS guy comes and doesn't demand payment :s

Somehow I got away with it for my SP20 as well

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
MA3A

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

The reason i have asked about duties, is because i have ordered some merchandise from Estonia previously (business) and value was claimed about 2500-3000$ i had to pay like 400$ duty to even get to the box...
It was about 8 years back. Shipped from Estonia to USA. But it was not UPS or USPS, it was 3rd party carrier. Box was about size of a 30" CRT TV.

Added: I know that there are no duties between Israel and USA if something shipped to US from Israel. So spondoolies have a good luck on this one, comparing to others. If shipped from China, there is duty, but non taxable limit is pretty reasonable im not sure but i have heard its about 500$ or so. Estonia does not seem to have any agreements in regards duty on merchandise. If you ship something to Estonia from USA the non taxable value of merchandise is 40EU... which is a total BS BIG TIME. Cant send anything there... Usually have to do it via Finland or Russia and them transport it via courier to EE

mrsalve

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:47:04 PM

I ordered 2 Ares and I just received the first one today. I'm going to fire up the unit and will let you guys know how it performs. Thank you Hashcoins for shipping this unit and getting it to me before the holiday.

Well, how it's doing?

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: