Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:12:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paulcoins  (Read 1877 times)
Opsamk (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:43:19 AM

We need a currency named after Ron Paul.

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:37:58 AM

Bits of Liberty?
FreedomBit
BitPaul
Ron Paul Bitcoin (RPBc)

You get that going and ill throw some processing power on that.
However as of right now the political nonsense surrounding this kind of currency could hinder his run for POTUS and I would HATE to take any chances regarding that.
From what I read, all donations need a name behind them to be legitimate even with his Super PAC. If people made donated via bitcoins they would need to expose them selves so to speak as well as some other hangups.

How about "selling" RPBc to supporters and making the proceeds a donation from one entity. Then after he is POTUS we can End the Fed and replace it with the already mature RPBc. Smiley

Freedom with SciFi Coin
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:34:07 PM

No, we really don't.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
d.james

Activity: 280

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:42:39 PM

We need one currency named after each of the president.
and setup exchanges for every single one of them:

1 ObamaCoin = 0.5 LincolnCoin
1 WashingtonCoin = 30 BushCoin

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:30:31 PM

you guys are starting to sound like a cult.

mooo for rent
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 08:38:35 PM

you guys are starting to sound like a cult.

Oh? How so? What cult to which you are comparing this thread, has their own coin?
Now if we said it costs a Paul Coin to get your glass of special koolaid then perhaps.
If creating a currency for a cause is equivalent to a cult then what does that make the BitCoin community?

Freedom with SciFi Coin
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:42:56 PM

We need one currency named after each of the president.
and setup exchanges for every single one of them:

1 ObamaCoin = 0.5 LincolnCoin
1 WashingtonCoin = 30 BushCoin

We should set it based on the inflation of deflation they caused based off national debt.

CarterCoin = 5% inflation currency
Reagancoin = 15% inflation currency
BushIcoin= 15% inflation currency
Clintoncoin = 3% inflation currency
BushIIcoin = 15% inflation currency
Obamacoin = 15% inflation currency

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

What cult to which you are comparing this thread, has their own coin?

lol sounds like the ron paulites, OMG he is going to legalize weed, cult is about to.

say what you want about obama drones, they are no where near the paulties in actually worshiping their candidate and thinking that he does no wrong. I bet you think he shits real roses, but without the thorns of course.

mooo for rent
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:13:35 PM

Joules, you just don't get it.

The RP bandwagon is about core values. Obama hasn't got any. Like all the other candidates, except for RP.

Its a slam dunk. Get over it.
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

What cult to which you are comparing this thread, has their own coin?

lol sounds like the ron paulites, OMG he is going to legalize weed

He wants to put the decision of what is legal BACK into the hands of the individual states.
He is NOT for Legalizing anything, He is for reversing the Illegal decisions made by corrupt assholes from our past and prevent the corporations from totally enslaving our people. (well my people, I have no idea where you are from)...

Ron Paul has always believed in the People not the insiders working for the world bankers and other corporations.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 11:20:36 PM

Quite frankly, I have encountered MANY people with reserve against Dr. Paul and his views and with each case they had either got their news from the same major corporations trying to keep him silent and never really looked into his interviews, Were working for a major corporation them selves and make a profit from the military industrial complex, Or just hate politicians in general because of all the fucktards that came into office during the past decade or so.

Which one are you?

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

If caring about my children and their future debt enslavement by our own government means I am in a Cult so be it!

Freedom with SciFi Coin
csshih

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 12:44:37 AM

Sir,

Please learn how to edit your posts.

Regards,
Craig
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 03:15:18 AM

Sir,

Please learn how to edit your posts.

Regards,
Craig
Saves the need for stupid >bump< messages now don't it.
How bout we stay on topic instead of berating for grammar or proper posting techniques just to "bump" your post count.
Thanks for saying it politely though. I'll keep it in mind.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 04:40:17 AM

Ron Paul has always believed in the People not the insiders working for the world bankers and other corporations.
Yeah, because the world bankers and other corporations working for the People would be insanity, amirite?
If it actually worked that way Great!

Freedom with SciFi Coin
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:11:15 AM

Yeah, because the world bankers and other corporations working for the People would be insanity, amirite?

Why would they work for the people ....... what works for them now is earning them shitloads of cash and total control.

Even if their policies aren't worth dogshit, and all their gambles lose...guess what? THEY GET BAILED.
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 05:55:38 AM

Let pretend that Paulcoins could represent Anyone you wanted to associate the coin with and not particularly politically positioned.
How would the model work. Would they be valued with a $ standard (which in the Ron Paul case certainly not, you may as well just cash out bitcoins and send in the $.)
Would they be worth credit towards something if the goal was met? It would be an impressive way to show support for a cause. Like buying us treasury bonds. (oh wait them ain't worth anything either.)
You could have bitcoins for breast cancer. cheaper then having to produce all them ribbons, and markets could offer discounts and such for them also showing and encouraging support (like those coupon books high schools sell during fundraisers.)
Its unfortunate that people have the need for something back even when donating their resources but hey with the yourschoolnamecoins instead of the coupon books think of the trees saved.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Uhlbelk

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 06:10:02 AM

Or for your donation you can get x% off for which the % is cumulative up to set amount (under say 80%) to encourage more donations.
I suppose you would need a hook to get merchants to accept the discounts where as in the printed books its about the advertising so a web directory would still be needed to see where you can redeem them.

But I suppose it would need a dedicated central server to issue them cause 3rd party mining would most likely case issues with the markets considering they haven't made any donations to earn the said discounts / services.

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: