Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EU Commission discussing about Bitcoin  (Read 611 times)
olloman (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:30:40 PM

Hey people! Thought I had to share this news with you, seems pretty big for Bitcoin and I can't find any threads about it, maybe they are in the Speculation Forum! Anyway, it was posted on an italian website about online poker (article is in italian):
http://poker.gioconews.it/legislazione-2/37774-il-tema-bitcoin-finisce-in-commissione-ue-ecco-la-mozione-papanikolau-ppe

Short summary and translation of the article:
The EU Parliament member Georgios Papanikolaou, since countries like Singapore, France and USA have already taken a position on the topic, asked the EU Commission: "Was the topic examined before? Is Bitcoin legal or are we going to consider making laws about cryptocurrencies/digital money? Is EU in favour or against Bitcoin? Are there any risks for european economy?"

I think this is quite relevant news, what do you guys think? Are there any other articles on international press about this?

edit: grammar
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:34:09 PM

if its true, its interesting. but why is this published on an italian website about online poker  Huh ?

olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:35:48 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 09:52:43 PM by olloman

if its true, its interesting. but why is this published on an italian website about online poker  Huh ?

I don't know abroad, but here in Italy there have been some articles on online poker sites about Bitcoin in general, since Bitcoins have been used and will be used even more expecially by online gambling sites such as online poker sites

also, oddly enough, sites about online gambling among the italian press are the ones with the most recent and professional news about Bitcoin, while mainstream or "serious" media still publish months old news, or articles such as "is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?" or  "Bitcoin is the currency of the big bad wolves of drugs and weapons' online black market"
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:56:24 PM

if its true, its interesting. but why is this published on an italian website about online poker  Huh ?

I don't know abroad, but here in Italy there have been some articles on online poker sites about Bitcoin in general, since Bitcoins have been used and will be used even more expecially by online gambling sites such as online poker sites

also, oddly enough, sites about online gambling among the italian press are the ones with the most recent and professional news about Bitcoin, while mainstream or "serious" media still publish months old news, or articles such as "is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?" or  "Bitcoin is the currency of the big bad wolves of drugs and weapons' online black market"

ok thanks Smiley

i guess some other sites will make their own research about this.

beppe grillo should love bitcoin, right Smiley ?

olloman (OP)

Crypto Angel

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:03:47 PM

ok thanks Smiley

i guess some other sites will make their own research about this.

beppe grillo should love bitcoin, right Smiley ?

nah, it's far too smart for him to appreciate Cheesy he might be right about blaming the "same old politicians" and the system, but he also has some very very dangerous and pretty stupid opinions, for example against EU and immigration...luckily he's not personally in the italian parliament, and most of the people from his "movement" who actually are, have some autonomous thinking and common sense, but still not too much Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: