Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 09:16:06 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requirements to post outside the newbie section?  (Read 564 times)
syth1ctv (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

Anyone know this? Looking to exchange some btc, dont worry ill go first.
imamanandyou

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:02:29 PM

Anyone know this? Looking to exchange some btc, dont worry ill go first.

One post and four hours.
Use escrow  Smiley

Sticky: NEWBIE README
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

Newbie Restrictions
You can only post in the Newbie and Local sub-forums till you have made one post and waited 4 hours. This post must be substantial: at least several sentences. The other two restrictions are you need 1 post to be able to send a PM and 10 posts to put a link in your sig.  You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.

TsaktuO

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

Thank you this thread was very helpful for a newbie like my self, WTB 7870, if anyone is down to make some trades. : ) just call me the 7870 man.
grumpydoc

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:36:50 PM

I find this particular limitation really annoying. I can kind of understand why - there are so many scammers in the bitcoin market it may be necessary to reduce people having burn accounts - but it is bad for conversation.

There is a thread about Wells Fargo looking at BTC which I would love to contribute to but I can not.

I do at least have enough time logged on the site so that is alright.

The rule also means you get inane comments rambling on in the newbie section just to be able to get into the right place later.

How boring is that?

If it's this boring to write it must be even more boring for you, reading it.

Oh, and this is my third attempt to post this message because it wasn't three minutes since I posted the previous one.

The error handling for that doesn't work properly.

Still it's the forum's ball and I guess they can take it away if they want to.

They don't call me "grumpy" for nothing.

GD
BK124

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:08:54 AM

Yea it happens, makes me wish I had registered sooner, Im trying to post configs for Cudaminer for scrypt-jane setups since its all new.  Grin
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

I find this particular limitation really annoying. I can kind of understand why - there are so many scammers in the bitcoin market it may be necessary to reduce people having burn accounts - but it is bad for conversation.

There is a thread about Wells Fargo looking at BTC which I would love to contribute to but I can not.

I do at least have enough time logged on the site so that is alright.

The rule also means you get inane comments rambling on in the newbie section just to be able to get into the right place later.

How boring is that?

If it's this boring to write it must be even more boring for you, reading it.

Oh, and this is my third attempt to post this message because it wasn't three minutes since I posted the previous one.

The error handling for that doesn't work properly.

Still it's the forum's ball and I guess they can take it away if they want to.

They don't call me "grumpy" for nothing.

GD

You only have to wait 4 hours to post in that thread. And you have to wait six minutes. Attempted posts and log-ins reset the counter so you have to wait another six minutes. It's annoying, but all newbs have to deal with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: