Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Superduh's Law - (as time -> infinity, amount of virtual coins stolen -> 100%)  (Read 621 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:52:10 PM

it's somewhat obvious, but just wanting to coin the phenomenon. playing of Godwin's law.
it's an unfortunate situation but the reality makes this formula hold true.

as time approaches infinity amount of coins stolen in circulation (that aren't lost) approaches 100%.

now please, hackers, STOP proving my theory correct!

ok
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SirBitsalot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:55:47 PM

Yeah, but I don't think every hacker just holds onto their Bitcoins.. they spend them (eventually) and put them back in the system.
superduh (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:00:33 PM

Yeah, but I don't think every hacker just holds onto their Bitcoins.. they spend them (eventually) and put them back in the system.

of course, i concur. that's the point of this Law: all bitcoins in circulation would have been stolen at some point.

ok
superduh (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:59:45 PM

cough cough

ok
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated