Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:38:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Fury Help!!!  (Read 995 times)
CloudzEye (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:32:31 PM

I got my Red Fury yesterday. I actually have quite a few problems with them. One of them has a component fell off (picture). As I am not into electrical thingy, I do not know what it is. I hope anybody can tell me what it is and does it have any effect on the miner itself? So far, I am able to hash it just fine but I doubt it is going to last me long. Also, 4 out of 5 of them have very high HW about 30% while the other one has only about 3%. I wonder is it normal for Red Fury to have such high HW or I am missing anything here? I am running Bfgminer 3.9.0 off a raspberry pi with raspbian wheezy. Any help will be kindly appreciated. Please do let me know if I miss out anything. Thank you in advanced.

https://i.imgur.com/NvvTMDG.jpg
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:05:17 AM

If you are in Los Angeles I can help you with soldering on new resistors. But i have no idea what resistor that is. We have the R15 available with 9.85K ohm which should help overclock them and give you some more hashrate and errors.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:15:15 AM

Heres a picture of me with some modified redfuries at the Vegas conference.

some more redfury mods.

as you can see some people used a lot of pencil.

which gave them 0hashrate. brought these 3 back up to about 2.2-2.7Ghs.

heres a picture of my good friend working on my first batch of redfury. we modified all the R15 and added UV Led lights because the manufacturer decided to put a single color LED instead of a Bi Color.

A lot of these companies are selling crap electronic components from the electronics counterfeiting capital of the world. Shenzhen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-21/china-top-source-of-counterfeit-u-s-military-electronics.html

There are all kinds of shortages of good parts so they use crap counterfeits/alternatives/bad batches.

I hear bitfury chips are 1 off the reel is bad 4 are okay 1 is bad 4 are okay 1 is bad. cmon 1 out of 5 chips is broken so theres going to be a lot of duds.

looks like you probably didnt get a Case either for your bitcoin miner.

Its very shitty some manufacturers dont even supply a case for their miner they just charged for.

oh its too expensive to ship bla bla my ass. they want it to break and force you to buy more.

Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:51:59 AM

Great work. I live on the east coast but if I have those kinds of issues I may just PM you. LOL

Heres a picture of me with some modified redfuries at the Vegas conference.

some more redfury mods.

as you can see some people used a lot of pencil.

which gave them 0hashrate. brought these 3 back up to about 2.2-2.7Ghs.

heres a picture of my good friend working on my first batch of redfury. we modified all the R15 and added UV Led lights because the manufacturer decided to put a single color LED instead of a Bi Color.

A lot of these companies are selling crap electronic components from the electronics counterfeiting capital of the world. Shenzhen.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-21/china-top-source-of-counterfeit-u-s-military-electronics.html

There are all kinds of shortages of good parts so they use crap counterfeits/alternatives/bad batches.

I hear bitfury chips are 1 off the reel is bad 4 are okay 1 is bad 4 are okay 1 is bad. cmon 1 out of 5 chips is broken so theres going to be a lot of duds.

looks like you probably didnt get a Case either for your bitcoin miner.

Its very shitty some manufacturers dont even supply a case for their miner they just charged for.

oh its too expensive to ship bla bla my ass. they want it to break and force you to buy more.

sebdude420

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: