Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bip 38 Paper wallets  (Read 3685 times)
Buskcoin (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:27:19 AM

My brother and I make these paper wallets.
The paper is made from raw hemp fiber, boiled to clean and beaten for ten hours in a Hollander. It is strong and archival, and coated with acrylic protectant. The silk stitching conceals the private key. We put these up on reddit and received a lot of positive feedback so I thought I'd let the forum know that we can make these for you for $15 + shipping. We just need a Bip0038 key pair and we'll send you a payment address. Also, If you pay with bitcoin we'll ship it for free!

https://i.imgur.com/wAhmRRDl.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/173576752/hemp-paper-wallet

We also make origami bitcoin piggy banks with the private key intricately folded on the inside. (When I say "we" I really mean my brother, Matthew. I'm just here exploiting his talents.)

https://i.imgur.com/zUy3A84l.jpg

This is a completely original design. If you want to pay with btc we offer a 10% discount. Otherwise you can place an order here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MattyGrovesPaper

Please message or email me if you have any concerns or questions.

Thanks,

Buskcoin@gmail.com

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)
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=Vrhf
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:38:15 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 06:32:25 AM by dissident

those are very nice!  The one in my signature is a no frills paper wallet and is free to use, donate if you want. Smiley   Very easy to adapt it for another coin, if anyone has requests.... so far not many takers because it's not very fancy, (I don't have a color laser printer)  but it should be secure and weather resistant after laminating.

In any case paper wallets are a nice thing... after doing more research they are not really wallets but one time  use bitcoin addresses and corresponding private keys meant as a form of cold storage, and with there being 6 atoms in the universe for every bitcoin address, they are virtually impossible to duplicate and are fairly secure. Smiley  Any public and private bitcoin address combo can be turned into 'cold storage' by merely copying the QR code pasting it into these 'paper wallets' .... I prefer not to list the actual text lettering on my wallets and just list the QR codes only.  The private key should be ideally hidden, but it's not necessary. Mine could be folded in such a way to keep it exposed if for some reason someone wanted it that way.

Public service message for noobs... if you buy a paper wallet off ebay it's important to transfer the balance to a different bitcoin address and not just assume you can store that paper wallet away... if after 90 days that address still had  a balance in it, ebay sellers could easily steal the balance back for themselves if they were dishonest. This includes any person who makes a paper wallet for anyone else.  I'll bet a number of them do just this, and figure the person won't ever notice if they still have something in there after 90 days, they probably don't understand how bitcoin works.

Better to use a blank template and paste your own keys in there... I would never trust someone else's keys to any large sum... that person could take the money and vanish without a trace.. I admit that would be tempting. Sell 100-200 or more of these "paper wallets" while keeping all the private keys the whole time.. after say 6 months take the cash from all of them and just vanish. hmm....
Buskcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:51:34 AM

those are very nice!  The one in my signature is a no frills paper wallet and is free to use, donate if you want. Smiley   Very easy to adapt it for another coin, if anyone has requests.... so far not many takers because it's not very fancy, (I don't have a color laser printer)  but it should be secure and weather resistant after laminating.

In any case paper wallets are a nice thing... after doing more research they are not really wallets but one time  use bitcoin addresses and corresponding private keys meant as a form of cold storage, and with there being 6 atoms in the universe for every bitcoin address, they are virtually impossible to duplicate and are fairly secure. Smiley  Any public and private bitcoin address combo can be turned into 'cold storage' by merely copying the QR code pasting it into these 'paper wallets' .... I prefer not to list the actual text lettering on my wallets and just list the QR codes only.  The private key should be ideally hidden, but it's not necessary. Mine could be folded in such a way to keep it exposed if for some reason someone wanted it that way.

Public service message for noobs... if you buy a paper wallet off ebay it's important to transfer the balance to a different bitcoin address and not just assume you can store that paper wallet away... if after 90 days that address still had  a balance in it, ebay sellers could easily steal the balance back for themselves if they were dishonest. This includes any person who makes a paper wallet for anyone else.  I'll bet a number of them do just this, and figure the person won't ever notice if they still have something in there after 90 days, they probably don't understand how bitcoin works.

Better to use a blank template and paste your own keys in there... I would never trust someone else's keys to any large sum... that person could take the money and vanish without a trace.. I admit that would be tempting.

Thanks! Personally, I like to have both the QR codes and the characters just for reassurance. I like the simplicity of your wallets though. I could maybe see myself using them in a short term situation.
Are you familiar with bip0038? With Bip0038 you can generate a passphrase protected key pair so even if someone had your keys they would be unable to access your funds without your passphrase.
Tishposh

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:46:20 PM

These are really neat! I especially like the piggy banks. Very creative!

All the best

~Tishposh
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:27:46 AM

I love the pigs!  There, I said it... you happy?  I absolutely love them.

Unfortunately, I can't justify $58 + $8 shipping, even for something as awesome as these pigs.  I understand that there is probably a ton of work that goes into making these, so I understand how you came to this price, it's just too high for me.  I hope you sell a million of them (though your poor brother's hands might fall off)!

Anyways, I'll keep my eyes peeled for price drops and whatnot.  Thanks for making such a great looking product!

P.S.  How durable are these?  Will they unfold themselves over time or are they made to last?

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:07:06 AM

These are both beautiful designs, but the pig is sheer genius!

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
Buskcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:22:19 AM

Thank you so much for the kind compliments. My bro will be happy to hear them.

P.S.  How durable are these?  Will they unfold themselves over time or are they made to last?

The folds are tight so, if kept safe, it should last till the day you (or maybe your children) decide to unfold them. They are also coated with an acrylic protectant that makes it more resistant to moisture and gives it a nice dark tone.
PBmining

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

Nice work!

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
Buskcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:37:47 AM

Nice work!
Thanks!
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:18:51 PM

Received my piggy, and he's delightful -- he makes me smile every time I look at him. And he was obviously designed to graze on top of an AM Cube.

The tiny plastic stable is an old iPod Nano case.

Mr. Pig gladly accepts tips on my behalf.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:38:25 PM

Received my piggy, and he's delightful -- he makes me smile every time I look at him. And he was obviously designed to graze on top of an AM Cube.

The tiny plastic stable is an old iPod Nano case.

Mr. Pig gladly accepts tips on my behalf.

I'm pretty sure that's animal cruelty keeping the pig in such a small box. Did you at least cut him air holes?  Grin
Buskcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

Awesome! We're so glad you like it. I sent you a little coin to say thank you and to get your piggy bank savings started. Smiley
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:01:58 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 10:22:57 AM by rudrigorc2

Like an empty bag must fall, all this pig needs is Bitcoin. Cheesy

Great, great stuff! Congratulations.

edit:

I was hoping to see a video or some kind of walkthrough, then I realized there are many out there.
joethejudge77

Activity: 42
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

Origami bitcoin piggy banks are adorable! The most cute thing I saw today

Don't let me be misunderstood.
piggycoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:05:25 AM

Origami bitcoin piggy banks are adorable! The most cute thing I saw today

Wow, this would be great for PiggyCoin!

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:07:40 AM

It's things like this that remind me that were an innovative bunch ^^
Gotta love a Piggy grazing on top of an AM cube

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bob9000

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:07:47 AM

My brother and I make these paper wallets.
The paper is made from raw hemp fiber, boiled to clean and beaten for ten hours in a Hollander. It is strong and archival, and coated with acrylic protectant. The silk stitching conceals the private key. We put these up on reddit and received a lot of positive feedback so I thought I'd let the forum know that we can make these for you for $15 + shipping. We just need a Bip0038 key pair and we'll send you a payment address. Also, If you pay with bitcoin we'll ship it for free!

https://i.imgur.com/wAhmRRDl.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/173576752/hemp-paper-wallet

We also make origami bitcoin piggy banks with the private key intricately folded on the inside. (When I say "we" I really mean my brother, Matthew. I'm just here exploiting his talents.)

https://i.imgur.com/zUy3A84l.jpg

This is a completely original design. If you want to pay with btc we offer a 10% discount. Otherwise you can place an order here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MattyGrovesPaper

Please message or email me if you have any concerns or questions.

Thanks,

Buskcoin@gmail.com

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)

mQENBFLXKhkBCAChS7swFrxTJ+8mxBhjWRzFslYsKoZH8yONYhctXCe1PFJ/pnJb
wVXVFbEuNhm6hYLUaW4vsCItHQn1wszlds5IifJTp81cIekg2SNMDUr2gtHV8Eef
/smxHQNZE4iPQHj3+rS/unyf0iYGU2YhozlaTul4IYAVwj+h7Am525sqXLT+tU0E
Y/llmFejokBXcG6DruR6SjBDNh8qUDRH92itT/o8O0LUhchRtgm59mEN+rFWO3ww
DMSGf7Ds6cBX94O6Vhu9NHX2eewAKg7u0UY5qloaRzaYCJgIUjGll7to1mVAB8Yh
P3qsepyge5TLZir85bRnyHt/nwvywQNtiwjPABEBAAG0JEtlaXRoIChCaXAwMDM4
KSA8QnVza2NvaW5AZ21haWwuY29tPokBOQQTAQIAIwUCUtcqGQIbIwcLCQgHAwIB
BhUIAgkKCwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAAoJEDXrMGYL6ryLRmQIAJndp7QDV1dArjV/RF8O
aB97rgkG659BZB3a3c1/kGO3650Tg1KeIwnc/FuBSf2RbMoQpus+5ILzUTKi0xZW
UxdYp5l+mStDsFp/3omYIpm2PajF6HWMZWQc6NrWhVcEawwYwHf6CZzvU8vrknGv
1JCJU+BML94Az4Z+ae9FZfBnWN5MR4N28jTdHIUtp/XVVGJO7Yskz7Ked3s9ufbN
Sl/bIGUkjZgzAAutCnXfh0FuRGKPin4t0/rNNSn+RMAV9d3e3H37/nqa/fiixthw
UM2vVx/mxVCAECAZ8gfCi4d2fKJjtDuIRCKxEcfcSO1PzNwSh4Ztq1Q1e1/zvxLH
FOy5AQ0EUtcqGQEIAMWhcfG3+ZY9aAgHn3hCxKVSh1hk314c/pT9jzFZUdX/pWl8
fMQ8UIOVHRrSlbN1MF6/9kqYYr08zO1pBV+YfWasNf9gIf5Sbqv2BCKYTtLNfe9T
kONuKmcjI0kTzmwqGO7d95TYee7pjVA/tkPZ2OeoVDnVIJ1tI8KwSEiHCy9ZQaX7
HSoVhnObUwLKkg6BoSnVYEaIHzvZW+hSiV7rJdIH47NY9RvP9g2Y84Lb3UZGQSGV
FVMKXG6bHAudbjYiprCwHdQnH0vQDmMc5nLL0WMU0I2ZiVFVrGxtLUAk0X0UjxyK
NP0DRczxIE5vPCT7Y+QWLdk/DB3pCQOZLBqfROMAEQEAAYkBHwQYAQIACQUCUtcq
GQIbDAAKCRA16zBmC+q8i/hfB/4j+vDnwHc2g7ONWrGZgyjINYa4A5Usr4PSjvU7
dzw0cY2bgdiaGid0sssiHe2GntEE8HrI+iLVAH31UKjCRa4eIsB0VZvqqtb+EIbL
dSGpvOgF5teATa/tFOhnAeBoOANuF3W0nvvXmOlhy2x5hcNIZXl18hLNyVedOj4M
F5gozgZcrCFqVrc+FoSt0AyTd/LZIS/i7Z/YanrAqxDpR9l9YFdRC3hS+VGUTSO/
xeM2MWs88zKZco9qLPxSTEQbOe1Uwa8DM0OXcWmceWJL/Fy0cDGuB8GF/PHT1/Vb
TJV4Ol/FJ/4cwE81RMe9iOo966mgyNboo9KmiNkSUuYSXx8Z
=Vrhf
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

The piggy bank paper wallet is brilliant.
also the paper wallet art design looks brilliant.
Fantastic work whoever you are. 

come and join #piggy , you will be welcomed to the family with open arms. I'll even send you some piggy coins Smiley just pm me in irc. username = paulynopoops
bob9000

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:21:59 AM

#piggy irc. if piggydev or paulynopoops are online. new users get 600 piggy coins for joining plus there are various random giveaways.

OINK

WEBSITE FOR WALLET AND INFO https://donkeyko.in/beta

PIGGY SONG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD3pa6MKyBA

EXCHANGE 1 https://nxt-e.com/default.aspx?m=piggy_btc

EXCHANGE 2 https://donkeyko.in/beta

EXCHANGE 3 LAZYCOINS!! add us please.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: