Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rumaTech Miners  (Read 1040 times)
rumaTech (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:13:39 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 09:02:10 PM by rumaTech

Hey everyone, I just wanted to finally take the time to introduce myself and my company rumaTech. We started out in cyber security and reputation management prior to the actual formation of the company. We then sought out to begin our software endeavor. In the meantime we began mining bitcoins and it was quite lucrative. Therefore, we decided to get into building GPU scrypt miners while we wait for the scrypt asic.  Grin

Our units do not need anything else, you literally take it out of the box and plug it in. You click mine and there ya have it. So they are plug and play with settings that are pre-configured. Clients can pick their pool or mine with the default. So this is for people who may not have the complete understanding to configure everything.

Right now the website is offline but will be up and ready to take orders next week. But i wanted to release the following info for those who may be interested.

- We are going to offer 4 Miners. Mini Miner ($1500 / 800KHash), Miner ($3500 / 2400KHash), Double Miner ($6500 / 4800KHash), and Mega Miner ($13,000 / 9600KHash)

- We will NOT be doing pre-orders. We will take regular orders immediately.

- All our miners are plug and play with pre-configured settings that can be changed. (This is to allow beginners to just plug it in and go without needing a lot of knowledge)

- The initial setup of the miner for a customer will allow them to pick their pool, or mine with the default.

- Those who purchase any unit except the Mini Miner will receive a free gift which retails at $199. (Will disclose this soon, still working out deal with other vendor)

- We will test each miner for 3 days. What we mine in those 3 days we will send to the client.

- We are offering an upgrade program. People can return their units for a more expensive one. Details are actually still being worked up on this one.

- We will be providing contact info so people can ask questions etc.

- We are in the early stages of developing a scrypt asic miner. This will be part of the upgrade program. Anyone can return any of their miners if they like (except the mini miner) and receive a FREE asic when it comes out. Or they can keep their current one and buy the asic. Since we develop gaming systems, we can use the returned GPU's for these and mark them down on clearance. For those who may be curious the scrypt asic will NOT be ready in 2014. We are in early development.

So I think that's it for now. We will have a lot more info on our website and a full FAQ sheet. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:30:07 AM

Why is the double miner more expensive than two miners?

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:37:14 AM

Power specs stated on the LTC forum (for those interested) before this thread is moved:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13217.0

Ruma stated:

- We are going to offer 4 Miners. Mini Miner ($1500 / 800KHash), Miner ($3500 / 2400KHash), Double Miner ($7500 / 4800KHash), and Mega Miner ($14,000 / 9600KHash)

Alright Justin said this is what he came up with for all 4.

500 / 1200 / 2400 / 4800 respectively.

From JayAce (calculations) on LTCtalk

Mini-Miner

800kH @ 500W = 1.6kH/W

Miner

2400kH @ 1200W = 2kH/W

Double Miner

4800kH @ 2400W = 2kH/W

Mega Miner

9600kH @ 4800W = 2kH/W

From Ruma:

Mini Miner
Powered by a Single AMD Radeon 290X GPU and a Radeon 8670 APU.

Miner
Powered by 3 AMD Radeon 290X GPUs

Double Miner
Powered by 6 AMD Radeon 290X GPUs

Mega Miner
Powered by 12 AMD Radeon 290X GPUs

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:52:35 AM

Thank you for posting these. One of things I want to emphasize is that these units plug into your router or a switch. They are essentially full fledged computers, their software just defines them as a miner. Each miner will have 2 things running, a BTC wallet, accessible from a web interface, and a Miner. The miner will be defaulted to mine on MiddleCoin, which mines the most profitable coins, and pays out in BTC. Middlecoin will send the bitcoins to the wallet on that system, and the web interface will allow the customer to transfer those bitcoins to their own wallet as they wish. There are more to these units than simple hardware.

Those are the default settings, but can easily be modified.
miter_myles

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:54:43 AM

Thank you for posting these. One of things I want to emphasize is that these units plug into your router or a switch. They are essentially full fledged computers, their software just defines them as a miner. Each miner will have 2 things running, a BTC wallet, accessible from a web interface, and a Miner. The miner will be defaulted to mine on MiddleCoin, which mines the most profitable coins, and pays out in BTC. Middlecoin will send the bitcoins to the wallet on that system, and the web interface will allow the customer to transfer those bitcoins to their own wallet as they wish. There are more to these units than simple hardware.

Again - I posted this on the LTC forum.. why are you talking in BTC if these are mining LTC (or scrypt/KH)?

Someone could buy 2-3 x ASICMINER 333MH/s USB miners that use 2.5/W each and mine the exact same BTC equiv for much cheaper and lower power consumption..  ??

or even better 1 x ANTMINER U1 @ 1.6GH/s (easily OC'd to 2GH/s+) for .06 BTC to easily mine more in BTC

Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:01:41 AM

Again - I posted this on the LTC forum.. why are you talking in BTC if these are mining LTC (or scrypt/KH)?

Someone could buy 2-3 x ASICMINER 333MH/s USB miners that use 2.5/W each and mine the exact same BTC equiv for much cheaper and lower power consumption..  ??

...middlecoin, I presume.
rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:03:28 AM

Yes good catch. Let me talk to Justin about this and see what the reasoning is on this. If I recall correctly we had dropped the price on the Miner but let me check if it has to do with any other components like the rack etc. Or maybe the price is wrong?? I'll let you know. Thanks
miter_myles

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:04:54 AM

Yes good catch. Let me talk to Justin about this and see what the reasoning is on this. If I recall correctly we had dropped the price on the Miner but let me check if it has to do with any other components like the rack etc. Or maybe the price is wrong?? I'll let you know. Thanks

Your lack of knowledge on the product you are peddling is very concerning to say the least..

rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:10:37 AM

Your lack of knowledge on the product you are peddling is very concerning to say the least..

Thanks for stressing your concern. This is a learning process, as it is new for me. My business Partner Justin is the techie geek putting his hard work into each of these units. He knows all the specs. I have posted at forums prior to any official launch to get a feel for the industry and for the needs and concerns of people such as yourself. I am not ashamed to say it, and I hope to learn a lot from this experience. I have not been in the Tech Center with him day in and day out. So I do apologize. I am here to help him get the word out and answer any questions and solve problems before we go live. It's the smart thing to do. Am I wrong?  Grin
miter_myles

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:13:47 AM

Rgr that - good luck!   Cool

rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 05:34:02 PM

UPDATE:

Addressing Power Consumption.
This was the message this morning out of the Tech Center.
"Our current Power Consumption ratings are maximums based on PSU output. We will be posting Accurate power consumption measurements (taken at the wall, using a Kill-a-Watt) when we launch orders. Unfortunately, our engineering department has not yet gotten to this task, they are working on polishing up the software for launch."

Addressing Pricing. The Double Miner and the Mega Miner prices are wrong and will be adjusted down. The reason for this, we are planning to open up sales on the site for the Mini Miner and the Miner first next week, followed by the Double and Mega the following week. We are slightly ahead on the smaller units and the pricing was dropped on both those. But the 2 more expensive units were never adjusted. The finalized prices will be released on the site at the time we open sales. Thanks
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

Its worth remembering that as its GPU based, this stuff has residual value after mining income, where as most stuff -> 0.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:46:38 PM

Interested Wink
rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:02:34 PM

Alrighty, we have updated our website at the moment. Our Mini Miner will be available for purchase on Friday. Our other more powerful units will be released probably next week. So right now there is only info on our Mini Miner. You can reserve them. No money needed to hold your spot. Just you will have to use the same email when you go to purchase them on Friday that you used to hold it, because that is how we are going to match it up. If you reserve a unit there is no obligation to purchase on Friday, if you decide to change your mind. We are doing this for a couple reasons. 1. People can get a jump on being up on the list before purchasing and 2. we are a bit interested to see how many people might be interested in our units. This will give us a bit of an idea what to expect on Friday.

Here is the product page: http://www.rumatech.us/products/overview/

We are also going to be selling our HD gaming systems shortly. We will be updating the blog and our Facebook page often if anyone is interested in following. So I encourage people to look around the site and if they have any questions can click on the Support link on the left. You should hear from someone shortly.

Also if you prefer to wait, Dogie will be doing a full review on our Mini Miner in the next couple weeks.

Thanks everyone!!
rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:34:52 PM

Another quick update. We decided to use a different web cart for our website. Therefore we are going to actually switch the site over to help match our web store. So the site and orders have been delayed until Monday or Tuesday but you can still reserve one with just an email address.

In the meantime, you can check out our demo of the web interface built into our miners by going here: http://minerdemo.rumate.ch

The software is still in Internal Beta, and updates will be available on a weekly basis for the miners. We have an update function that allows us to update the GUI without interfering with Mining operations.  Grin
rumaTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:19:31 PM

Alrighty, our Store is Now Open!!!

Still working to provide some images and enhancements. The Mini Miner is ready for purchase. The Miner and Double Miner should be ready very soon. Still testing out a few things with them.

http://www.rumatech.us/

You can check out the demo of the interface here:

http://www.rumatech.us/products/crypto-mining.html  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: