Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:40:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I am a noob  (Read 576 times)
Frobisher (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

Looks like after my four hour wait I didn't get access to other forums so I guess I need to post a more substantial message here. I am currently unemployed, I live in FEMA Region X, I am new to cryptocurrencies but familiar with most other computer/networking stuff.

My handle "Frobisher" is from the penguin companion of Doctor Who who appears in the comics and the big finish audioplays. I am mainly doing this coin thing for fun but heck if one of these new ones that pop up get big that could make me a very rich penguin. So how are all the other n00bs doing? What are the currencies you're mining and trading... so many now it's hard to know which one might stick around.

Well, I hope this was a long enough post for the automod or whatever is checking these things. Perhaps I'll be able to post tomorrow in other forums.

It's a full moon tonight, and Venus is transiting the moon as I type this. Cool.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:29:04 AM

Looks like after my four hour wait I didn't get access to other forums so I guess I need to post a more substantial message here. I am currently unemployed, I live in FEMA Region X, I am new to cryptocurrencies but familiar with most other computer/networking stuff.

My handle "Frobisher" is from the penguin companion of Doctor Who who appears in the comics and the big finish audioplays. I am mainly doing this coin thing for fun but heck if one of these new ones that pop up get big that could make me a very rich penguin. So how are all the other n00bs doing? What are the currencies you're mining and trading... so many now it's hard to know which one might stick around.

Well, I hope this was a long enough post for the automod or whatever is checking these things. Perhaps I'll be able to post tomorrow in other forums.

It's a full moon tonight, and Venus is transiting the moon as I type this. Cool.

Were you actively browsing the forums or did you just leave the browser open for four hours? I think your first posts was substantial enough, but you're a Jnr Member now any way so you should be free to post.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:30:50 AM

Total Time Spent Online:   54 minutes.
Total Posts:   4 posts
Total Topics Started:   2 topics
Number of Polls Created:   0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   0 votes

you didn't spend 4 hours on the forum and therefore THAT is the reason why you're still in the newbie jail Wink

perhaps your PC shut down..

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:43:50 AM

Total Time Spent Online:   54 minutes.
Total Posts:   4 posts
Total Topics Started:   2 topics
Number of Polls Created:   0 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   0 votes

you didn't spend 4 hours on the forum and therefore THAT is the reason why you're still in the newbie jail Wink

perhaps your PC shut down..

Knew it lol. But how do you know how long he's been online?
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:26:18 PM

I started with Bitcoin and dabbled a bit with Quark. I'm in Bitcoin at the moment, interested to see where it will go long-term. Remember that there's a lot of speculation about where things will go, so before you choose anything, be prepared for anything. Don't act on the articles you see saying that Bitcoin could reach $100,000, as there are also articles suggesting that it will be worth $10.

Remember to only risk what you can afford to lose. Having said that, it's a lot of fun too, and a great community. I'm addicted to checking my exchange prices!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: