Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast customer - Batch 4  (Read 1086 times)
HazMatt810 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:34:26 AM

I'm a HashFast customer, ordered a BabyJet batch 4. I'm only now becoming aware of the magnitude of HashFast. I joined the forum to communicate with other HashFast customers. Guess I should have joined the forum before ordering Huh?  Smiley

This is my first post.
Magister1

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:25:52 AM

This is my first post too but I've been lurking for some time.

One of the first things I learned is that buying an ASIC miner is a risky proposition. Often the company is an outright scam, but for the real companies that intend to ship products there are still issues. The main one is that they never seem to ship on time, and with BTC difficulty climbing like it is that can be a VERY scary thing.

I would expect Hashfast to have another update on their progress before too much longer, hopefully there will be good news for you.
HazMatt810 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:20:20 PM

They gave a guaranteed shipping date of no later than March 31. I didn't know at the time I ordered, that they already failed to come through with orders for batch 1 customers. Well, I knew there were delays, but I didn't understand the the significance entirely. I'll I can do is hope for the best and use it when it comes, assuming angry batch one customers don't sue them into bankruptcy...

totalslacker

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:11:09 PM

Pre-ordering is always risky! However, they are a solid company - have faith!
pryzh

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:28:01 PM

First post here too! I have been thinking about getting an asic too, but with the current developements on the alt coins i dont think its worth it at all. If you buy an asic that money is digged in, and you will be lucky to make back your investment. If you build a GPU rig on another hand, once you make the cost of it back, you still have pretty high end gaming hardware that can be sold off and will still be in demand. The same unfortunately does not apply to an asic, when the speeds it gives are minor in the network hashrate, noone will buy it from you...
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:32:35 PM

Sorry to read that man. But yeah, lots of ponzi scams going on in the hardware department so you gotta research well before you invest in ASIC, if you invest at all.
driver

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:02:45 PM

yep .  I ordered and they told me that I would gt it by the end of feb. I searched around b4 ordering and did not find any bad news . As soon as I had ordered I started joining some forums and discovered that they never ship anything . Batch 1 has shipped a few i guess but what about 2 and 3 . Seems like if they are behind just as much then batch 4 could no way be shipped this year .
 been trying to get on their site today but it will not load all the way . Was trying  to look up their refund policy because I believe it says a refund if not shipped on time . but they seem to change that a lot in order to fool people I would guess. they also had a miner protection program . they keep it up to fool people I suppose but actually it is not effective any longer and has not been for a long time . I did not notice the note on it that it was no longer in force . I would not have bought from them if I had .
Getting a refund I bet is never going to happen for anyone . they have no reason to do it as they already got rich and can simply file bankruptcy and be protected under LLC laws  and you can not get crap from them and on top of that most people can not even sue since they do not live in Ca and would have to go there to sue . cost prohibitive  for sure .
 I am still holding hope of delivery  for a few days then I will seek a refund as the babyjet is now totally useless  and will never ROI
jig777

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:23:39 PM

First post too,
I wish I've read this forum before ordering that stupid BabyJet, I placed my order early Nov,2013 and I remember I called them and been promised to receive it late Jan or early Feb 2014, But as soon as I paid, I received a payment confirmation saying;
Guaranteed Product Delivery Dates – Batch 4. The “Batch 3 Guaranteed Delivery Date” for units of Product from Hashfast's fourth production batch (“Batch 4”) is the earlier of: [February 15, 2014] or the “guaranteed delivery date” (if any) stated in the order confirmation sent by Hashfast. Buyer may cancel the portion of such order that remains undelivered by Hashfast by the Batch 4 Guaranteed Delivery Date at Buyer's request, and Hashfast will refund the payment for such cancelled units. This cancellation and refund is Buyer's sole and exclusive remedy for Hashfast failing to deliver. To avail itself of this remedy, Buyer must cancel the order before such unit(s) are delivered by Hashfast
I know they won't be punctual since there are lots of unsatisfied customer ahead of me, and I know I may not get the refund, But I will follow any legal action necessary to stop this jackals off the internet.
If you didn’t receive you shipment (Batch 4) on Mar/31, please, at least fill-out the (www.ic3.gov ) internet crime complaint. So let’s everybody know them, and somebody may stop them.
You may need this info about Hashfast;
Hashfast LLC address;
1209 North Orange Street Suite 990
Wilmington, DE, 19801
Phone: (415) 577-5523

Chief Executive Officer ; Edward L. Rodriguez de Castro
97 South Second Street, #175
San Jose, CA, 95113

Director, Executive ; Simon E. M. Barber
Executive; John Skrodenis
Executive Peter Smith

IRS # 462943554    google for """"cik file id number 0001584096""""

BTW, take a copy of their term of sale before they take it away although they changed some of it ...
driver

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:52:18 AM

their terms of sale changes like the weather every time they do not live up to it . I also was promised the late Feb date but got the late March date  which we all know is likely not going to happen but I will refrain from complaining about it not being delivered until the end of March .
 I also will be asking for a refund if it is not delivered on time.
 Was there ever a batch 2 and 3 ? If so did anyone get delivery on them ? 
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:49:51 AM

First post here too! I have been thinking about getting an asic too, but with the current developements on the alt coins i dont think its worth it at all. If you buy an asic that money is digged in, and you will be lucky to make back your investment. If you build a GPU rig on another hand, once you make the cost of it back, you still have pretty high end gaming hardware that can be sold off and will still be in demand. The same unfortunately does not apply to an asic, when the speeds it gives are minor in the network hashrate, noone will buy it from you...

Currently for BTC ASICs I would recommend buying in stock 180GH Antminers, from the distributor closest to you. Or keeping an eye on developments from AsicMiner who always had a sell from stock policy.

If you want to get ahead on scrypt altcoins, check out the Titan from KNC, (Link in sig) 100 M/h scrypt miner, the power of 150 GPUs for the price of about 20. KNC has thus far been the most reliable (least late) of all pre-order ASIC manufacturers.

GPUs, welllll, buy used as cheap as possible... they've got about 6 months I think before they are totally pwned by the scrypt ASICs. Now when the ASICs ran them out of BTC the top end cards were going for only $50-100 in the panic selloff before LTC got very popular again and Doge happened, so on a new card, getting even a quarter of your money back on it is "somewhat hopeful" when everybody is trying to dump GPUs at the same time. You can hold onto it and hope to get half or better when the next non-scrypt doge comes along, but I think you'll be "lost in the desert" for several months as it were.

scrypt difficulties will go insane yes, in BTC the immediate effect of ASICs coming online was that the price went up by 10x, then dropped by half (Back to 5x Jan13) then up 10x again. This rise kept the GPUs "on" for another week, then another week, then another week, until finally they were outclassed.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: