Bitcoin Forum
October 09, 2024, 12:23:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Characters Equivalents In the Bitcoin Community  (Read 777 times)
Ragnarly (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:16:48 AM

If we compare characters in Star Wars to members of the Bitcoin community, who is:

Luke Skywalker?
Obi-Wan Kanobi?
Yoda?
Emperor Palpatine?
Anakin Skywalker? Follow up, Darth Vader?
The Storm Troopers?
The Wookies?
Han Solo?
Princess Leia
The clones?
The Rebel Alliance?
The Empire?
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:15:40 PM

If we compare characters in Star Wars to members of the Bitcoin community, who is:

Luke Skywalker?
Obi-Wan Kanobi?
Yoda?
Emperor Palpatine?
Anakin Skywalker? Follow up, Darth Vader?
The Storm Troopers?
The Wookies?
Han Solo?
Princess Leia
The clones?
The Rebel Alliance?
The Empire?

Yoda — Andreas Antonopulous.
Anakin/Vader — Hmm. Good, then bad, then good again. Some might argue for Mike Hearn depending on where his backing for baked-in colored coins goes haha.
Obi-Wan — Roger Ver maybe. I don't think Obi-Wan was ever rich.
Luke might be Coinbase. The hero we have, but a pretty shitty one, living on luck mostly despite a ton of bad decisions.

Storm Troopers will obviously symbolize the DHS, or CIA, or NSA, or whoever is the faceless footsoldiers trying to suppress it.
The Empire is the cabal of banks who resist it and the world powers who align with them. We have not yet unmasked our Palpatine.
The Alliance is just being formed. I'm heavily involved, but it's an alliance, so there's no king.

Jabba the Hutt runs Mt. Gox. Most of us here are Han Solo. We believe in Bitcoin, and occasionally stick up for it, but it'll take some hard lessons before we take real, life-threatening stands. Makes sense that Jabba royally fucked Han, in this allusion.

Idk about the clones. I have blocked most of episodes 2 and 3 from memory. Not on purpose, they just sucked that bad.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Bitbuy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:26:10 PM

One thing I'm missing in the above post (although it fits quite nicely Smiley )->
Princess Leia? I tried finding some apropriate leading women of bitcoin, but I didn't really find anything (mmm except for Girls Of Bitcoin  Grin)
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

Who's our Jar Jar Binks?
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

Who's our Jar Jar Binks?

Senator Schumer.

Set out distrustful, wanted to kill it, based on SR. SR goes down and massive confidence in Bitcoin emerged. (Market in fact did not crash without SR.) Now likes Bitcoin. Dumb luck; probably a decent guy... his legislation is usually for a good cause but often misunderstands how the law of unintended consequences works. Should be regarded as a current noncombatant but an unpredictable case and a possible future liability, nevertheless.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:32:09 PM

Oh and currently the wookies are mainstream economists. Not bad fellows, most; but very loud, not very smart, and as everyone knows, you can't win a direct argument against a wookie. We will win them over and they will fight with us, in time.

Speaking of, I've decided Bernanke is Vader. There is good in him, perhaps. We'll see.

This could allow that FinCEN lady to be Leia. She likes Bitcoin but is pretty officious and bureaucratic in her proposed adoptions.

Makes sense with Coinbase as Luke too.

-Citizenfive
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:57:40 PM

Who's our Jar Jar Binks?

Phinnaeus  Grin.
pinkie31

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:28:48 PM

Watto=Gavin Anderson...
delaro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

The clones are the bears: there's lot's of them and they get mowed down in each episode but there are still plenty more to take their place in the forums.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: