Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:25:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Current best stratum pool server software?  (Read 4767 times)
Khanduras (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:05:10 AM

Thinking about creating a small local pool. Was weeding through the numerous stratum server implementations in github and came to the conclusion that they're all fairly similar.

The question here is, would anyone recommend one over the other? Any pool-owner favorites?

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
livechat

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:33:57 AM

Thanks for wright this thread. i am waiting reply. because i don't know about this.
mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:47:35 AM

I have been an active member of several pools in the past. 

50BTC was my first, I was on PPS and learned a hard lesson about withdrawing your bitcoins to your personal wallet, but PPS was very convenient and fair for a low powered miner. 

I recovered from the 50BTC robbery, moved to mining with ASICs, I began with PPS, but soon moved to DGM.  After on going sever connection issues, I moved to BTC-Guild

I started with BTC-Guild using PPLNS and merged mining of Namecoins.  I am very please with the PPLNS payouts and merged mining.  I mine 24/7 with 110 gh/s and 1.2 th/s pending arrival.

If you do start your own pool, I recommend PPLNS and merged altcoin mining, but no matter what pay out method you choose, please be sure you have a reliable serve with consistent access and stable.  Please, Do not rob ever your miners like 50BTC did, I do not like moving pools, I am happy to stay with one group and support it.  As long as I can connect, earn and feel cheated!

Mtnminer
Khanduras (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

If you do start your own pool, I recommend PPLNS and merged altcoin mining, but no matter what pay out method you choose, please be sure you have a reliable serve with consistent access and stable.  Please, Do not rob ever your miners like 50BTC did, I do not like moving pools, I am happy to stay with one group and support it.  As long as I can connect, earn and feel cheated!

My actual plan was to create a minimal (0.5%) to 0% PPLNS pool. It would be reliable in the sense that I plan on load balancing a handful of servers from different data centers together in order to provide as much redundancy as possible. As far as "robbing my miners", really not top on my priority list. I'd mostly just be interested in zeroing out the costs of hosting it. Any little bit extra would just be a bonus, really.

My primary concern is to provide an attractive alternative to BTC Guild and GHash.io, especially now that GHash.io is dangerously close to getting to 51% ownership of the network.

Either way, this is all a moot point if I can't get a decent pool server. There are so many to choose from, and it makes finding a better option of the lot difficult to find.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
bonesoul

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:08:54 PM

check https://github.com/CoiniumServ/CoiniumServ

pmorris

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

My actual plan was to create a minimal (0.5%) to 0% PPLNS pool.

Maybe consider running one or more p2pool nodes for people to connect to? You set the fee to whatever you want (although 0% is common).

I have a couple of publicly available nodes:

london.bitroute.io:9332
newark.bitroute.io:9332

and there are loads more available: http://p2pool-nodes.info/

If you're wanted to run a more conventional pool I think it would be hard to generate sufficient hashrate to reduce volatility to an acceptable level.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:40:04 PM

LOL... did you really just revive a 9 month old post to refer them to coinium?  Nice... either the OP has already created their own pool, or has given up and moved on.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: