Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad idea  (Read 7178 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:56:41 AM

Gentlemen,

I am trying to raise capital for a very important invention that will benefit the world, and negate the effects of all prior ass-raping that we have given the environment. It is a jet powered surfboard, which will allow fat people to actually surf waves, as well as travel across still AND moving water, which will necessary when Kevin Costner's Waterworld happens on zombie apocalypse - may 21, 2012. Americans in particular should be interested. Please send BTC to 19VyZNPFUq7cH5zhBxXk46wSt32ymvSsax. It will be used to develop a prototype, which should then be brought to mass production by the end of next week or so. We have a very crack team of Nobel laureates of both the sciences, and poetry.

And poetry?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:16:18 AM

Good thing University Highschool Elementary school Physics Science 101 tells you this is completely impossible.

fixed
deherbs

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:25:03 AM

sounds cool!
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 07:59:59 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2011, 08:27:41 AM by mjcmurfy

1. Perpetual motion - impossible due to friction. You cannot completely eradicate the force of friction in any closed system that does work. This will lead to eventual deceleration back to rest unless an external force of equal magnitude is applied in perpetuity to counteract it. And the wear and tear on components will cause the system to fail eventually. That is not perpetual motion.

2. Free energy - you used this phrase out of correct scientific context. Free energy=total energy - entropy, i.e. the energy in a system available to do work. Free energy does not mean energy that you can get for free (i.e. without doing work), and to use it in this way is just misleading. Erwin Schrodinger would be appalled:

Quote from: Schrodinger, on Free Energy
... this highly technical term seemed linguistically too near to energy for making the average reader alive to the contrast between the two things.

3. 500% efficiency - un-freaking-believable. Do you know anything about thermodynamics whatsoever? Entropy? Conservation of energy? Are these phrases ringing any bells? I honestly doubt it... where is all that extra energy coming from? And how have you managed to create a system that does work but does not create any entropy whatsoever, i.e. wasted energy / heat? In fact, what you allege to have created is a machine which must actually ABSORB entropy / atmospheric heat. Needless to say, this is not be possible with a machine made out of a few magnets and a small battery. I mean, for crying out loud, a system cannot even be 100% efficient, let alone 500%. Our most efficient CFL light bulbs only get about 10% efficiency, and regular incandescent bulbs are only 2%. If you had truly created a 500% efficient system, you would have won the nobel prize for physics. And you would have solved global warming, because your entropy absorbing machine would be able to absorb all that heat and use it to generate electricity.

I'm sorry, the only thing you manufacture is bullshit and spurious claims my friend.
Peddle your crap-o-matic elsewhere.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:13:05 AM

He doesn't want nobel, he want money. That's why he is spamming that bullshit

mjcmurfy

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:37:03 AM

He doesn't want nobel, he want money. That's why he is spamming that bullshit

Nobel prizewinners are awarded $1.4 million in addition to the fancy medal.

I'm genuinely annoyed at this thread. I thought all the nonsense about perpetual motion and "free energy" had been put to bed decades ago, yet this guy is still peddling this bullshit to idiots who are willing to pay $5000 a pop. It's unbelievable.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:54:19 AM

But he know he is spamming bullshit and isn't going to win nobel, he just want to scam people

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:39:10 AM

The reason this cannot work:
Many stupid make-believe "free energy" engines/generators/converters spend the housing or casing material. For example some magnetic generators might generate excess power while in use, even with 0 input energy but will slowly decay the magnets due to Eddy currents and other processes. You basically spend magnets like you spend fission material in a nuclear reactor. Sure, you get energy output from no energy input but it took energy to build those materials (magnets, uranium). Another example would be hydrogen supplemented internal combustion engines, where the engine casing is losing carbon mass and basically becoming useless soon, but people can claim improved efficiency in the short term.

Green energies do not rely on human technology or interaction to reverse the energy producing reactions in solar panels, wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, tide turbines, etc. The Sun brings all the energy needed to reset the energy potential to it's previous state. Even coal and oil is rebuilt to some extent, just very very slowly. Some things will not be restored or rebuilt during our solar system's existence, mainly radioactive materials.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 09:59:57 AM

Good thing University Highschool Elementary school Physics Science 101 Homer Simpson tells you this is completely impossible.

fixed

more fixed

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:33:29 AM

I don't remember where I read about this machine but if I remember correctly, magnetism of the magnets deteriorate over time, that's where the energy is coming from. I even remember a debate about the viability of using magnets instead of batteries.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:02:00 AM

I don't remember where I read about this machine but if I remember correctly, magnetism of the magnets deteriorate over time, that's where the energy is coming from. I even remember a debate about the viability of using magnets instead of batteries.
With magnets you still need a rather bulky generator, if you want energy storage, Aluminum is quite light and Hydrogen is quite energy dense. Both of these can be used in reversible reactions using a vast array of methods for both energy binding and energy unbinding.

Now if you ask me, the best battery available NOW, is your bitcoin wallet. For every kWh of electricity used you can store with some video cards up to twice the current value of a kWh. Also you don't have storage and transmission/transportation costs Smiley

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 01:26:06 PM

Now that is a great picture!  I have always wanted to have exactly this picture.  It immediatly shows why gasoline is used in cars (over lower energy density options).  Where did you get this diagram?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 01:35:32 PM

The bitcoin forum is the perfect place for scam artists to peddle impossible technologies, since our bitcoins are generated by what might be termed "free money" machines. This forum is crawling with starry-eyed optimists who love to believe in the impossible, myself included.

I love contemplating ideas for perpetual motion machines for many of the same reasons I love contemplating the future of bitcoin, although thankfully the laws suggestions of physics will not limit the growth of bitcoin values for a long time.

I amused myself by reading through the info posted about this invention until I came to this killjoy who actually performed an independent test:

Rosenthal's Measurements: Negative Result Reports

Engineers Reporting Negative Results: Rosenthal and Cole ~  Ian Bryce
Report by Sterling D. Allan   (March 8, 2003)

Engineers, Walt Rosenthal and Parke Cole were invited to measure the Lutec1000 in January 2001.  Their measurements showed results showed 28% efficiency.  The exchange was amendable, despite the negative test results.  Rosenthal stated, "I walked them through the calculations carefully so they would understand, but they didn't want to believe the results."  Test entailed a dynamometer measuring output the motor, powering with power supply from wall producing DC volts, optical shaft encoder on end of shaft to measure rpm.  Results showed 50 Watts power going in and 14 Watts equivalent of mechanical power coming out.

After receiving the above synopsis, Walt Rosenthal added the following:

Report by Walt Rosenthal (March 8, 2003) ~

The inventors would start with fully charged batteries for the demonstration. They assumed that the battery terminal voltage would decrease linearly as the battery was used. So, after using the battery for, say, 30 minutes, they would again measure the battery terminal voltage, and subtract this value from the start voltage, then multiply that difference voltage times the known amp-hour capacity of the battery bank, to come up with their assumption of the total energy consumed from the battery bank. Unfortunately, battery terminal voltage is almost flat for perhaps 90 percent of the battery capacity, before it drops off rather steeply for the last 10 percent of it's capacity. Parke Cole and I tried to explain this to the inventors. I am not sure we succeeded. We were about the 15th group of people to show up on their door step after they went public. We were the first people to bring our own test equipment. The inventors said that the first people to show up were the Russian Mafia. Our bottom line was 50 watts of DC power input, which resulted in 14 watts of rotary mechanical power output. I hope the inventors have improved their device from where we tested it so that it now matches their statements of it's performance.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:37:15 PM

I don't remember where I read about this machine but if I remember correctly, magnetism of the magnets deteriorate over time, that's where the energy is coming from.

No - your memory has just been sucked into playing their game by thinking there even *is* any energy produced.
If they can get you arguing about where it's coming from - they conveniently get you ignoring the fact that it isn't even there.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
ClownCoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:32:39 PM

My latest free energy device is 501% efficient. Yours sucks.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 06:39:21 PM

I agree it is a total waste of time to try to convince these inventors that their invention will not work.  I had a run in with a guy named Dennis Lee a few years back.  He was trying to advertise his product on the television show of a friend of mine and my friend had me look over the product specifications before he would allow the advertisement to run on his show because he thought it “looked suspicious”.

I got the plans from Dennis and actually had some very nice conversations with him about the product.  He was very excited to have an electrical engineer prove out his concept for him.  After wading through and stripping away all the techno babble and paranoid ramblings about persecution in his documents it turned out to be just the idea:

You can convert electricity to heat using a heat pump, right?

You can convert heat to motion using a heat engine, right?

Motion can be converted to electricity with a generator, right?

So if you connect up these three devices to each other and run the wires from the output of the heat engine/generator to the input of the heat pump the combination will run forever!  Not only that but he claimed that in his design the efficiency of the devices was (actually will be – given enough money for research) so good that there will be electricity left over!!!  He then went on to envision a world where everyone bought one of his refrigerator sized devices, cut themselves off from the evil grid, and simply plugged in their house to the device to get all the electricity they would ever need directly from the heat content of the air!

Not only that, but get this:  the design was given to him by a revelation directly from God himself!

Cue the evil oil/gas/coal/nuclear empire and all its attempts to protect itself from him and to suppress his every move, throw him in jail, etc. (which only proves he is on to something – right?)

I then spent HOURS on a final report to my friend and Dennis which I crafted to meet Dennis’ level of understanding, using only the absolute minimum of math, using mostly metaphors and analogies that I knew even he could understand.

After reading my final report which surprisingly proved the entire concept would never work he simply lumped me in with all those other evil narrow minded people who believe in the first two laws of thermodynamics who are always out to get him and never talked to me again.  After all doesn’t a revelation from God trump man’s understand and laws?

To this day he still believes in his world saving vision from God and is still attracting and fleecing new investors with his machine which is still “almost there” but just needs a few more tweaks and a few more dollars to get it to work.  Read more at http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Dennis_Lee/ especially interesting are all the positive comments at the bottom of the page!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
rannici

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:24:27 PM

commenting to follow this thread for the lulz.
minero1

Activity: 303

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 01:07:31 PM

oh crap!
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 04:58:27 PM

This thread is still going.   Cheesy So much lulz.  Admit it, we love getting trolled around here. 

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Ustler

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:08:16 PM

You cannot create energy from nothing
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: