Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons not to buy NXT Coin.  (Read 2178 times)
halinyo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:33:36 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 03:10:55 PM by halinyo

Maybe they think they are unique, but:

1) Mining is keeping investors busy and it is fun! However, Nxt does not have a mining procedure.
2) They say they have, but you have to keep your account open and have to have a lot of Nxt!!! But what if you do not have a lot of Nxt, lets say if you have less then 10k, then you may never get any credits at all.
3) They say, they are green! But lets do the math! Which one is better you decide? When you have 10k Nxt in your account (imagining there are a lot under 10k). You may never get any share from the network "0" NXTcoin while keeping your computer open for a month!!! However, any other coin that requires mining may bring you a lot of coins depending on other factors. But hey, at least coins are coming even though it is not green! I am not against being green, but more nxt brings more nxt, but what if you do not have that much?... Where are the poor guys can benefit from this? Well, just my thought... no offence.
4) There are a few others, but do not want to mention here.

Best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 02:40:23 PM

ipo coins - sux

lonesoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:58:12 PM

Maybe they think they are unique, but:

1) Mining is keeping investors busy and it is fun! However, Nxt does not have a mining procedure.
2) They say they have, but you have to keep your account open and have to have a lot of Nxt!!! But what if you do not have a lot of Nxt, lets say if you have less then 10k, then you may never get any credits at all.
3) They say, they are green! But lets do the math! Which one is better you decide? When you have 10k Nxt in your account (imagining there are a lot under 10k). You may never get any share from the network "0" NXTcoin while keeping your computer open for a month!!! However, any other coin that requires mining may bring you a lot of coins depending on other factors. But hey, at least coins are coming even though it is not green! I am not against being green, but more nxt brings more nxt, but what if you do not have that much?... Where are the poor guys can benefit from this? Well, just my thought... no offence.
4) There are a few others, but do not want to mention here.

Best. Wink

What part of mining do you find fun precisely? I think im doing it wrong lol  normally i get annoyed at looking for a decent pool, I get frustrated at having to sort out the conf file each time for solo mining (its slow over team viewer >.<  i need to move my miners closer to my router lol)  then once its going i tend to ignore it and only check in on them every couple of hours.  

If you have found a fun way to mine please let me know would love to make it an enjoyable process.

As for Nxt, I initally liked the idea, got myself 12k coins and have had my wallet open for at least 8 hours a day for over 2 weeks, the closest i got to getting coins was 4 hours! but then it jumped to 65 days and hasnt ever got close again :-( (at least not whilst i have seen it )

also the constant crashes of the wallet software is annoying.

all in all a great concept just poor execution. hopefully in time they can pull things together and my 12k coins will be worth something (they are currently at 40% of the value i paid!)

thats my 2 cents ^>^

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
halinyo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:16:07 PM

There are many out there doing the mining just for fun Wink There are ways to the things right on mining. Experienced miners do have a lot of fun!

As you stated, keeping your next account open does not give you anything.
Yes, the price is overrated and will go further down. Not today but later on since the market is controlled.
So I suggest people to sell it ASAP while they can and go for another coin.

Best.
filchef

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:51:24 AM

I am newbe for NXT and I try him faucet - there was one transaction which newer arrive  in my wallet and missing in the blockexplorer -so for me this is the useless network .Here is details for transaction -
Recipient - 8741555535567987120  Transaction - 248517930818134564 Amount - 4  Date - 2014-01-18 09:23:33
I email to the support but nobody answer me.
I think this is no peer to peer and is some kind of web based system of network so it is non reliability.

And If I send or receive more then 4 coin and they never arrive ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: