Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have to survive..  (Read 1178 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:40:21 AM

Distributing among people implements another risk. When one of these persons vanish or the piece of code is lost then everything is lost.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:18:45 PM

Whenever I undertake risk I am considering  it twice as much  as I used to
With me gone also my coin will disappear, nothing of my stash value will left for my family, it is  both fascinating and scary
Who among you share the feeling

Just teach them how to sell your BTC and tell them how much they will get. They will be OH YES!!!

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Whenever I undertake risk I am considering  it twice as much  as I used to
With me gone also my coin will disappear, nothing of my stash value will left for my family, it is  both fascinating and scary
Who among you share the feeling

Just teach them how to sell your BTC and tell them how much they will get. They will be OH YES!!!

I wonder what rich person would think about allowing other persons partly access to his bank account. The same risks apply to bitcoins then. Cousin A and B steal the code from aunt C and... your coins are gone... but i guess you either can do it through the official way with a lawyer and paying death duty and spreading among persons you might dont like or risk the access with persons... at the end you have to trust someone regardless.

Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:12:37 AM

It's an interesting scenario, though. If bitcoin one day rules the financial world as the basket currency, then one day a rich businessman with a financial empire could die and lock a wallet that is crucial to an entire large corporation, with holdings in real estate, commodities, stock, bonds. Would that money just "dissapear", how would society deal with that?
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:26:21 AM

teach them about it. So at least they can use it Grin Grin

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:31:48 PM

hmm
so, let's try something else
reconfiguring the last proposals and fixing the bugs

1.create a new google account that no one knows about, set the security question to some mambo-jumbo so it can never be guessed
2.upload your wallet data to that google account with another text document describing how to use bitcoin or/and how to sell it
3.delete your browser history! this is important as someone might find your new e-mail adress, or he can simply log-in to your account
4.Leave a will with notes for 4 family members
5.leave a note to person no.1 saying "google docs"
6.leave a note to person no.2 saying "my_email@" but don't leave gmail after it so he needs to contact other family members for further info
7.leave a note to person no.3 with your password without any further info
8.leave a note to person no.4 saying "Note that family should stick together"

this is fucking genius, I admire myself Cheesy

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 11:06:20 PM

hmm

1.create a new google account that no one knows about, set the security question to some mambo-jumbo so it can never be guessed
2.upload your wallet data to that google account with another text document describing how to use bitcoin or/and how to sell it
3.delete your browser history! this is important as someone might find your new e-mail adress, or he can simply log-in to your account
6.leave a note to person no.2 saying "my_email@" but don't leave gmail after it so he needs to contact other family members for further info

You should encrypt that document with another password otherwise google and of course the NSA can see right through it. Only a precaution since you never now how far they will go in 10 or 20 years. Maybe its not only terror or industry espionage but hunting down everything... because they can.

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:27:57 AM

hmm

lol you are hilarious Grin =))

inquisitive

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:56:37 AM

I think your best bet on how to deal with the possibility of losing your bitcoins would be to entrust the info to a trusted family member and teach them how to use it, and since you seem to be in good terms with your family, then I would say that you should do it as soon as possible, because you'll never know when something unpleasant will happen to you. I'm not in good terms with my family, so if I had a stash of bitcoins lying around then for sure I won't let them have it!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: