Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:56:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have to survive..  (Read 1178 times)
Salivan (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

Whenever I undertake risk I am considering  it twice as much  as I used to
With me gone also my coin will disappear, nothing of my stash value will left for my family, it is  both fascinating and scary
Who among you share the feeling
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:46:02 PM

Why would you take your coin to the grave with you?
yntro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:04:19 PM

Teach them how to use BTC.. Problem solved Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

Teach them how to use BTC.. Problem solved Cheesy

Just educate someone in your family, to take over? like this person said..

I dont understand, why you wouldnt?

Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:32:55 PM

With me gone also my coin will disappear, nothing of my stash value will left for my family, it is  both fascinating and scary

That's awfully selfish. You do know that there are multiple ways to make sure your family will have access to your bitcoins should you die.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Yeah that's quite selfish  Huh
Salivan (OP)

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

I am not sure they can handle it.
what more important I am not sure I want anyone to know how to access my coin, not ready for this
BBQminter

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

No sense you make... but don't worry, someone will probably find a way to steal your coins long before you have to worry about dying with them.

Smiley
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:08:12 AM

Well it would make sense if you are less than 18 year old teen buying drugs online not wanting you fammily (well, parrents) knowing about it.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:36:07 AM

I believe i know what he means. Having your wealth at a bank account makes pretty sure that your relatives will get the money when you die for some reason. If you have a wallet at your pc then... thats a different thing. They have to know that you have the wallet, they need to know the password or private key. So you need to give these details to someone... otherwise your bitcoins will be lost for everyone. When you dont have someone you really trust you have a big problem since you dont want to log into your wallet one day and your coins are gone. Will you give the private key to a lawyer instead? If he is using it how will you prove it? And and and... Bitcoins have some problems one has to think about. Of course only if you care and dont want that your "riches" are landing in the rubbish or on ebay.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:40:30 AM

...isn't this what a testament is for ?!

Before you throw my junk away, see that cardboard box located at xyz. It holds instructions and a list of things that will be of interest to you and how to use them.

Problem solved.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Salivan (OP)

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:06:52 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 02:23:12 PM by Salivan

I believe i know what he means. Having your wealth at a bank account makes pretty sure that your relatives will get the money when you die for some reason. If you have a wallet at your pc then... thats a different thing. They have to know that you have the wallet, they need to know the password or private key. So you need to give these details to someone... otherwise your bitcoins will be lost for everyone. When you dont have someone you really trust you have a big problem since you dont want to log into your wallet one day and your coins are gone. Will you give the private key to a lawyer instead? If he is using it how will you prove it? And and and... Bitcoins have some problems one has to think about. Of course only if you care and dont want that your "riches" are landing in the rubbish or on ebay.
I meant this
solution isn't so obvious as people think, if one thinks  about it  deeper
I struggle in my mind with idea that my 'I have to survive' philosophy is  best at this point 
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:12:36 PM

I meant this
I struggle in my mind with idea that my 'I have to survive' philosophy is  best at this point 

If youre relatives arent worth your bitcoins then it would be good when you at least make some setup so that the coins are donated. It would be a pity when they are stranded useless on an address. You arent immortal and something can happen everytime.
If you write your private key on a letter and seal it, giving it to a lawyer or putting it into a bank safe will mean your wish will be taken but your relatives have the right for some of the money. I dont know if there is an automatic setup somehow that can send your coins to charity or so if you really dont want the coins to your relatives.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

I meant this

Look at M of N paper backups and devise a scheme from there.

Split the pieces among your family member and put a required piece in your will. None of them will be able to recreate the wallet and access the funds alone. Anyone who is able to access the will won't be able to recreate the wallet without the pieces from the family members. You can, of course, elaborate on this as much as you like.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:51:48 PM

dont worry send em to me  Cheesy

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:26:30 PM

dont worry send em to me  Cheesy

nooo
send them to me Cheesy

just kidding Wink
it's quite simple actually

just teach someone from your family how to use bitcoins and one day if you die he will be able to take over Wink

Salivan (OP)

DiMS dev team

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:12:27 AM

I don't know my family situation is rather complex.
but  definitely at some point I have to devise some way to pass my bitcoin
 what appeal to my is letter with  cold  storage, and testament
if price  not fall to zero in this  year I have to arrange something
anyway I am thinking about  this more and more since  my coins  grown on appreciation
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

anyway I am thinking about  this more and more since  my coins  grown on appreciation

upload your wallet data to multiple storage services online just to be safe, and lock them with a password

then in your will, leave a link and a password with your data

hope I helped Smiley

Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:16:30 PM

upload your wallet data to multiple storage services online just to be safe, and lock them with a password

then in your will, leave a link and a password with your data

hope I helped Smiley

In this example, anyone who can access your will can access your bitcoins. I prefer M of N where you need multiple pieces of information (held by different people) in order to access the bitcoins.

Duane Vick

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:33:47 PM

Break up the keys and give them to multiple people. More money means more people to distribute the code. This means that any conspiracy to steal your wealth would require enough people such that the distribution of the ill-gotten gains are not individually worth it. Also, the more people that have a portion of the keys, the higher the probability that one or more of them would be unwilling to participate.

1FMDNUutcKVTEAph3c8xCvZie7HaCC3xDt If you feel that I've contributed anything worthwhile, please donate.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: