Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:08:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain for Sale - CryptoCurrencyPlanet.com  (Read 760 times)
rhkazani1 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

I am selling the CryptoCurrencyPlanet.com & .net domain name, send me your offer, if interested. This is perfect for someone that wants to sell bitcoins, litecoins, or any of the other crypto currencies. I know this domain is going to be worth a lot of money in the near future based on the current prices!

This is not a website, this is only the domain name.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or need more information on the domain names.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

Advertising and site layout are more important than the name of the site these days unless you get a really easy to remember, short name... also with all these different domain names coming out soon, the days of making huge profits from selling domains is coming to an end.

I could go and reserve the domain name "bits.sale" right now and it would be easier to type and for people to remember. At this point good advertising and search engine placement are more important.

Article on new domain extensions:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/internet/3466120/what-you-need-know-about-new-tlds/
BTC-TK

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

Advertising and site layout are more important than the name of the site these days unless you get a really easy to remember, short name... also with all these different domain names coming out soon, the days of making huge profits from selling domains is coming to an end.

I could go and reserve the domain name "bits.sale" right now and it would be just as easier to type and for people to remember. At this point good advertising and search engine placement are more important.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/internet/3466120/what-you-need-know-about-new-tlds/

.com always were and always will stay the most profitable, learn some SEO.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
CryptoNames

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:30:01 PM

I could go and reserve the domain name "bits.sale" right now and it would be easier to type and for people to remember. At this point good advertising and search engine placement are more important.

Agree:
Advertising and overall site content is a very important component for good SERP results.

Disagree:
Please don't think that these new gtlds are a "free pass" to score some great ultra premium domain names.
See here:
My understanding is that the idea of pre-reserving is a misnomer. These GTLDs are going through phases of registration, including a period where trademark holders can request names for their trademark in advance of the general registration phase. These are the only people who can legitimately "reserve" a name in advance. The general public, on the other hand, will be able to buy names all at the same time at general release.
Some providers offer "pre-registration", but what this really is is registering your interest only with that provider before the other provider's customers. But even if you "pre-register" with that provider, that provider will not try and place your order with the domain registrar until the GTLD goes live, and at that stage there will be other providers also trying to register GTLD names with the registrar, and they may have customers who want the same name as you!

Have you taken a look at the annual renewal costs for these extensions?  .luxury = $800/ year! Shocked  and pre registration for a .menu name is $349, not even taking into account the possibility if somebody else wants that same name.https://www.internetretailer.com/mobile/2013/11/21/race-dot-luxury-and-dot-menu-domain-names?list_type=cat&cat=search-engine-marketing&index=2

Conclusion:
Unlike Satoshi and the advent of cryptocurrencies, don't get your hopes up that the domain registrars are doing this to better humanity  Wink

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:56:07 AM

I think this is partially true.

The main problem with bits.sale is people would confuse it with bitssale.com or bits.com (or bits.store / bits.sales or whatever new tld).

manobra

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:34:58 AM

I want The domain.

Send me your account!

US$ 8,00 ok?

Tks!
Eric87

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:37:48 PM

Agree:
Advertising and overall site content is a very important component for good SERP results.

Disagree:
Please don't think that these new gtlds are a "free pass" to score some great ultra premium domain names.
See here:
My understanding is that the idea of pre-reserving is a misnomer. These GTLDs are going through phases of registration, including a period where trademark holders can request names for their trademark in advance of the general registration phase. These are the only people who can legitimately "reserve" a name in advance. The general public, on the other hand, will be able to buy names all at the same time at general release.
Some providers offer "pre-registration", but what this really is is registering your interest only with that provider before the other provider's customers. But even if you "pre-register" with that provider, that provider will not try and place your order with the domain registrar until the GTLD goes live, and at that stage there will be other providers also trying to register GTLD names with the registrar, and they may have customers who want the same name as you!

Have you taken a look at the annual renewal costs for these extensions?  .luxury = $800/ year! Shocked  and pre registration for a .menu name is $349, not even taking into account the possibility if somebody else wants that same name.https://www.internetretailer.com/mobile/2013/11/21/race-dot-luxury-and-dot-menu-domain-names?list_type=cat&cat=search-engine-marketing&index=2

Conclusion:
Unlike Satoshi and the advent of cryptocurrencies, don't get your hopes up that the domain registrars are doing this to better humanity  Wink

Couldn't agree more! Well said.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: