Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone used Fatbtc exchange?  (Read 335 times)
XinXan (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:57:56 PM

It seems to me that they are faking their volume and there are a ton of fake reviews about them too. Although this is not their official reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fatbtc/ it's full of complaints and they supposedly have more volume than cryptopia and even kucoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:43:58 AM

There are lots of strange activities on this site:

1. Unknown company: Based on this page   ----->https://www.fatbtc.com/m/statement0#1, the webmaster of this site is known as "fatbtc Global Limited." I did a Google search about it and didn’t find any real presence.
  2. Website design: From this design, the company does not seem to have a real investment in development that leads us to question about protection and privacy measures.
  3. Unreal trading volume: A little information about the site means they lied about trading volume. Read -----> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7kdz81/is_fatbtccom_a_scam_i_am_dead_serious/

Stay away

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:19:39 PM

It seems to me that they are faking their volume and there are a ton of fake reviews about them too. Although this is not their official reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fatbtc/ it's full of complaints and they supposedly have more volume than cryptopia and even kucoin.

From what I can see, there is a lot of things that essentially scream scam on this site.

For instance, what is the company behind FatBTC? There are no signs of this being a regulated exchange. Which country is it even located? Their design of the site is pretty mediocre, which is a sign that they don't put much effort into their site's layout at all. The support button on the right bottom hand side simply doesn't work.

And with all the accusations on reddit, there is really nothing to gain from using them. The 0.1 BTC max withdrawal per 24h for tier 1 verification is ridiculous, and makes the exchange unusuable for large traders. Even if they're not a scam, which they probably are, what's the point of using them? All of their listed coins are listed on other exchanges as well.

Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:05:20 AM

Which country is it even located?
It is a Chinese exchange, but due to the restrictions there they are likely located in neighbour countries. If they are still located in China, then people can expect the Chinese authorities to raid them at any time of the day. That uncertainty alone (aside from it being shady or a potential scam) should be reason to avoid it.

The 0.1 BTC max withdrawal per 24h for tier 1 verification is ridiculous, and makes the exchange unusuable for large traders. Even if they're not a scam, which they probably are, what's the point of using them? All of their listed coins are listed on other exchanges as well.
I don't think there is much wrong with offering 0.1BTC max withdrawals. In the end it's their platform, and looking at the coins they have listed, they aim to attract the smaller traders. That lower withdrawal fee also helps them to avoid certain regulations that would require them to force through KYC/AML procedures. Nowadays exchanges have become a fort knox with their verification policies, so people tend to use these exchanges because of how 'open' they are.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

It is a Chinese exchange, but due to the restrictions there they are likely located in neighbour countries. If they are still located in China, then people can expect the Chinese authorities to raid them at any time of the day. That uncertainty alone (aside from it being shady or a potential scam) should be reason to avoid it.

Exactly. That was what I'm thinking as well.

If it was indeed located in China then the authorities have the right to shut it down or force it to go overseas at any time. That's completely unknown to us. If it's located overseas, then which country's jurisdiction does it fall under? All of this is uncertain.

I don't think there is much wrong with offering 0.1BTC max withdrawals. In the end it's their platform, and looking at the coins they have listed, they aim to attract the smaller traders. That lower withdrawal fee also helps them to avoid certain regulations that would require them to force through KYC/AML procedures. Nowadays exchanges have become a fort knox with their verification policies, so people tend to use these exchanges because of how 'open' they are.

That's a good point, but honestly small traders have better options like Binance. Big traders may deposit and only when they withdraw, find out that the min. withdrawal is 0.1 BTC without verification.

Anyways, all of these reasons combined just makes this a very risky exchange to use. I would not use them personally.

Smiley
ant200709

Activity: 293
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:55:35 AM

I tried yesterday to make a deal with ETH/BTC.
There's a great spread between buying and selling.
So my warrant was there at the best price for 2 hours !!! It did not work and I took it off.
All the deals they make inside the spread. They are cheating in this way !!!

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:38:25 PM

If everything turns out to be fake then why we would bother ourselves on thinking to use up such shady exchange?
If there are complaints then there are definitely user who had tried out and now they are saying up their experiences.

So my warrant was there at the best price for 2 hours !!! It did not work and I took it off.
Great spread would always having giving out the exchange to have a possible hidden agenda.We can utilize it but basing on the observation you had made it didnt work out.I do simply neglect this exchange at all cost.
ant200709

Activity: 293
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:25:22 PM

If everything turns out to be fake then why we would bother ourselves on thinking to use up such shady exchange?
If there are complaints then there are definitely user who had tried out and now they are saying up their experiences.

Great spread would always having giving out the exchange to have a possible hidden agenda.We can utilize it but basing on the observation you had made it didnt work out.I do simply neglect this exchange at all cost.

I needed this exchange, I bought there koin: NEXO.
But now the company itself advertises another exchange.
I now went to the website of the Fatbtc and there is such a situation, they show the deals, between the spread. This is really a hoax, for showing large volumes.

luluvic

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:11:59 PM

does anyone els have problom with fatbtc website response, anytime i click on anythign the website just stay on the same page like it's froze?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: