Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First post! My cryptocurrency investment strategy  (Read 859 times)
juanbond (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

I'm the sort of person who is quite enthusiastic about investments in general.  I use a variety of investment vehicles:  401k, Roth IRA, DRIPs, 529, P2P Lending, and now of course, cryptocurrencies.  This is my crypto-investment plan at the moment:

- mine on multipools for scrypt coins (my current favorite is trademybit.com, a mere 0.5% mining fee!)
- auto-sell my scrypt coins for BTC/LTC
- keep some percentage of my BTC/LTC balance, and sell the rest for USD$ (pays for the mining overhead and provides dollar-cost averaging for my coins)

This way, I generate a USD income stream, but also build BTC/LTC balances for long term holdings.  I'm mining scrypt at about 800kh/s but will probably expand to a second, larger rig later this year.  What do you guys think?  All comments appreciated!

dare88

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:45:02 PM

Hello,

I think that it's a good strategy.

I'm going to do the same, but I'm not sure if it's easier with and auto-change multipool. Is there a bi difference between auto-change and self change?

I have 2,4-2,8 KHash, and just started yesterday.
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

Hey, I'm also a newbie and that is exactly what I'm planning on doing. Sell majority of what I'll earn and keep a bit.

As far as what dare88 asked, there's no difference in terms of concept. You or the multipool will want to mine the most efficient coin at the time, the question is, who will switch faster, you or the pool mod?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: