Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:56:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading bot?  (Read 12675 times)
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 06:42:56 AM

It would be very helpful if BTCex.com exposed an API call to send Bitcoins to any address, similar to the one on Mt. Gox. There is a form for the user to fill in under the Funds tab, but it would be very nice to do it through an external interface.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinex (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 07:15:40 AM

It would be very helpful if BTCex.com exposed an API call to send Bitcoins to any address, similar to the one on Mt. Gox. There is a form for the user to fill in under the Funds tab, but it would be very nice to do it through an external interface.

Easey to implement this but why?

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
LMGTFY

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 11:35:56 AM

Easey to implement this but why?
I suppose then BTCex.com could be used as a payment mechanism - "click here to buy this using your bitcoins stored at BTCex.com".

I can see it being useful, but it would be good if it were opt-in only. I quite like the idea that any bitcoin withdrawal at an exchange can only go to the one bitcoin address - it adds to the security.

This space intentionally left blank.
Clark

Activity: 548

So much code.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 06:50:35 PM

The reason is the same for having any API at all: you would like to provide a way for the user to perform any function of the service from an external interface.

Think of Twitter and external Twitter apps. I envision a future application for Bitcoin trading where one single desktop client will be able to present the user with their trading accounts from multiple exchanges. It would naturally need an API call to transfer money, so there could be transfers between accounts, or out of the system altogether.

ender

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:37:56 AM

All in 3d with motion capture and all, I'm in!  Grin
MissKara

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:38:06 PM

You can already do all of that with sierra charts. They have an API which you can tweak your own buy sell algorithms. The trick for me was to create a rely (i wrote mine in java) between mtgox and the trade feed in sierra charts.

as for the Trading API, all requests must be POST. You also do no specify the parameters in the query string. This is a low level secuirtyu mechanism for people sniffing urls, like your job, isp, router, etc...

Another great tool and easy to setup is to download and install the firefox plugin call Poster. This plugin lets you perform any type of HTTP request. I have multiple poster dialogs opened up for each of the actuions i commonly do. And tweak the parameters as needed. I trust this a little more (dont know why) then manually typing these at the command line.

Ive found this is a little faster then the website,since you are skipping the entire gui part.

If someone has some good ideas for a bot, maybe we can collab, right now i have to many other bitcoin projects im in the middle of working on, but i do have a little time to dedicate to a team working on a bot.

lastly if anyone has any concepts for a trading desktop app, thats another project i would like to use, cuz well, i dont really like sierra charts to much, between its lack of asthetics, and many quirks

happy trading =)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: