Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ETH compatible tokens and not BTC for Bounty Campaigns?  (Read 145 times)
OSEIBOATENG (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:59:52 PM
Merited by O9NpJ9ld1opS (1)

I have realized that only once a campaign I joined gave its participants BTC. Its so scarce to see that nowadays. All ICOs prefer to pay its Bounty campaigners ETH or their tokens to BTC. I dont think there is a difference in that. What do you think make them pay bounty participants with ETH or their tokens instead of BTC?  

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:04:33 PM

I have realized that only once a campaign I joined gave its participants BTC. Its so scarce to see that nowadays. All ICOs prefer to pay its Bounty campaigners ETH to BTC. I dont think there is a different in that. What do you think make them pay bounty participants with ETH instead of BTC? 

This from my point of view firstly has to deal with the tokens. Most tokens created now are ERC-20 compatible tokens and can only be on that wallet (ETH wallet). The second might also be the charges involved in the token transfer.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:08:14 PM

I have realized that only once a campaign I joined gave its participants BTC. Its so scarce to see that nowadays. All ICOs prefer to pay its Bounty campaigners ETH or their tokens to BTC. I dont think there is a difference in that. What do you think make them pay bounty participants with ETH or their tokens instead of BTC?  
Nowadays most of the projects are based on the Ethereum technology so they will paid in ERC20 supporting tokens. The current best blockchain technology is Ethereum only but Bitcoin reputation is always top in the market so no one is reach the Bitcoin growth and bitcoin fund is anytime increase in the market but others are little hard so Bitcoin is rule the crypto platform.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:11:22 PM

Usually, every bounty campaign pays their participants with their token. ETH and BTC collected in the ICO are for project development not for bounties payment. Yet, there are few campaigns paying with ETH or BTC to preserve their token value.
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:12:43 PM

The bounty depends on the Token of the project, and most of the tokens now use Ethereum's ERC-20 technology, so they are only available in ETH compatible token acceptors such as MEW. Moreover, if you want to join in the Bitcoin payment campaign, look for the Service section in the Marketplace section, where there are a lot of campaign paid by BTC

Muslimin mj

Activity: 569
Merit: 18

Goldeth.io

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:22:05 PM

of course it becomes a natural thing and should be applied by bounty ICO. because both crypto is already a means of payment in the world of crypto, like dollars with euros, received in any bank. as well as BTC and etherum. you have to know that the exchange is more flexible to manage ETH and BTC, because it is familiar.

Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 11:23:18 PM

I think it's for better because for them to get more involved in the project too.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:34:19 PM

It is based on the platform, many token are supported by ERC-20 so they put their token on that platform. I saw some bounty campaign that is paid on the platform of stellar  because their token was supported on it.
azizsatrasia68

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:37:02 PM

I think that's because most new projects are based on or using ethereum technology that has smart contracts. The token created is an ERC-20 token compatible with the ethereum wallet. It may also be a new project aimed at maintaining the price of their tokens because ethereum has high stability.
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:45:37 PM

Indeed, very few companies pay rewards in bitcoin, basically everyone pays in erc20 tokens
But this is due to the fact that many investments take place in ethereum, and tokens issued for ICO are released on erc20
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

Most to the coins that are being made now are made on the ethereum blockchan and that is why they are mostly being made in ethereum and I think that it is much harder for coins to be made based on the ethereum platform than on the bitcoin platform and that is why there are so many ethereum based coins and also it is a matter of convenience for the project managers
Inspector2580

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:24:36 PM

i was even wondering about this. i have only heard of one project which paid bounty participants with ETH. all of them are not taking the line of paying in their native token.

this has the effect of washing down the price of the token once it touches an exchange. if the dont pay in their native token, then the prject token price would be preserved.

another thing is that i dont quite why and when they started selling tokens for over a 1USD. BEfore it was less than a cent. but during the december time, it sprang up to even over a dollar. guess it has dropped down to a stable value of 10cents right now.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:28:40 PM

Because it is free coming from the developer's own coin, they don't need to buy bitcoin because they already have a coin and another is the cost, if you are going to transfer to hundreds of people a small amount you will end up sending more than the value of what you are going to send.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:09:22 PM

Theye paying you their token because thats the purpose of their project in order to make many holders to their token and also Its eth compatible.because their using erc20 which is its only compatible in eth adress but not all eth adress i would prefer mew and imtoken. Theyre not giving bitcoins as paymenrs from your bounty work because it will not help to promote their project. maybe the purpose of why they paid you as tokens because they also you wants you to promote their project and trades tokens to exchange.

marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:23:44 PM

Because not so many alts are having bitcoin pair i meant. Ethereum pair can be available for all of ERC20 tokens. And if we can use ethereum instead of bitcoin and what's wrong with that?
After PoS and we will see the real fight between ethereum and bitcoin soon. Look at eth dex and it's only available on eth pair

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:30:35 PM

GREAT QUESTION

Well, we all know that the blockchain of ethereum is quite good and enough to hold and make a project. Their platform is very unique that's why every project able to create their own coin with the use of eth's platform.

The circulation of the token itself in the market is very an important thing that's why the priority on giving bounty is their token itself.
The more holders, the more possibilities that it will become a valuable token.  Wink Wink but having more dumpers is the very contradicting cases you'll ever know.
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:36:41 PM

bounty campaign payment not use ETH but use new token,  platform ERC20 token ETH
if you say token btc, is nothing token create use BTC platform,
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:39:37 PM

I think it is because gone are the days where you are paid in bitcoin or ethereum for your bounty work, but nowadays project pays bounty hunters in the tokens in which they are promoting and we all know half of new blockchain or crypto start ups are built on ERC-20, I think that is why.
Sasha Lumerin

Activity: 159

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 12:33:22 AM

I think the wallet that can accept the token that has not been launched is smart contract wallet eth that can accept the token that has not been launched..may smart its a wider contract that can receive erc20 than bitcoin wallet that can not receive erc20 tokens that have not launcing in the market..so bounty campaign program always use wallet eth erc20 which can accept token which have not launch yet

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:53:22 AM

Because most of the project nowdays use ethereum as their base and they don't have to spend anything if they decide to pay their participant in erc20 token as they create the token almost free. Compared to if they pay the bounty in btc, they have to allocate some money to buy the btc and pay the participants and it's not a small sum. Most of the project don't have that kind of capital thus they decide to just pay it in erc20 token.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███