Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just finally fall to $2 so I can get in and you can jump back to $5  (Read 1190 times)
Minsc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:00:59 PM

Impatience is the worst thing with bitcoin trading.  It just lingers and goes so slowly.  Just finish falling already!!  Stop slowly falling week after week!

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

$6.50 to $2 is about a 67% drop. Comparable to dropping from $30 to $8
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:15:17 PM

I have to decide my buy in point, I am thinking around $2.00 I will start to buy bitcoins. However, I risk catching a falling knife and even at that price i am worried.

Best would be to wait it out and see the longer term stable price.

It looks like bitcoin is going no-where, at if bitcoin prices start falling, other online currencies may just take its place. I personally would like a currency that has much more bitcoins then 21 million. I think the problem with bitcoin is that they are priced to high individually.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:22:55 PM

I have to decide my buy in point, I am thinking around $2.00 I will start to buy bitcoins. However, I risk catching a falling knife and even at that price i am worried.

It looks like bitcoin is going no-where, at if bitcoin prices start falling, other online currencies may just take its place. I personally would like a currency that has much more bitcoins then 21 million. I think the problem with bitcoin is that they are priced to high individually.

I think the problem with bitcoin is that the economic foundations of it are completely goddamn asinine and arbitrary.

Nothing thought out in any meaningful way imo.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:31:51 PM

I'm with Edward50 on this. I think bitcoins are in it final descent to $0.50 to $2.00 range. I think that other copies of bitcoin could add more features than bitcoin currently offers.  There is so much concentration of hashing power on this network that if the price became unprofitable for a period of time people mining would be forced to mine on other block chains.

The foreseeable future doesn't appear to have any new interested investors just yet.

EDIT: I unloaded 50% of my bitcoins at $10.60 and the other 50% at $8.40.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:33:22 PM

I'm with Edward50 on this. I think bitcoins are in it final descent to $0.50 to $2.00 range. I think that other copies of bitcoin could add more features than bitcoin currently offers.  There is so much concentration of hashing power on this network that if the price became unprofitable for a period of time people mining would be forced to mine on other block chains.

The foreseeable future doesn't appear to have any new interested investors just yet.

EDIT: I unloaded 50% of my bitcoins at $10.60 and the other 50% at $8.40.

The cost to pump is greater than the profits to dump. Pretty simple, really.
gw4tt

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:36:38 PM

I'm not sure they would even mine on alt block chains. The prices haven't gone up - there's nothing that's really more profitable than bitcoin right now, after you take into consideration the exchange fees etc.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:43:34 PM

I'm not sure they would even mine on alt block chains. The prices haven't gone up - there's nothing that's really more profitable than bitcoin right now, after you take into consideration the exchange fees etc.

It's not 100% about profit.

If bitcoin lacks features and bug fixes and price over time there will be a move to alt-chains.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

gw4tt

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:46:49 PM

If bitcoin lacks features and bug fixes and price over time there will be a move to alt-chains.

If that happens then the alt chain will be more profitable, because more people will be buying the coins. So if it does happen I'll switch over to whatever the most profitable chain is.
kpriess

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

Money is the root of all evil.

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:56:55 PM

If that happens then the alt chain will be more profitable, because more people will be buying the coins. So if it does happen I'll switch over to whatever the most profitable chain is.

And if that happens more and more btc mods will come, making investment impossible.. No thanks..
Minsc (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:04:26 PM

Edward50, since your predictions have always been accurate, how long will the buy wall at 6.66 last?  Will it continue because people like the gimmick of 666?

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:05:29 PM

No chains will make it, bitcoin wont make it, its a failed concept too young for its time.  Too slow for something that should be instant.  To unstable to use as a currency, or for any store to accept it, which makes it pretty worthless, yes around 2 bux a coin seems about stable and correct or it could just bottom the hell out at 10 cent a coin.  1 buck a coin would be 21 million dollars worth of bitcoins out there,  15 bux is way to high, 2 seems about right.

gw4tt

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:20:19 PM

0.005 cents seems about right to me. That way I can pick up a couple pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: