Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: kraken ?  (Read 763 times)
Ronnin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:34:19 AM

Hi to all

what happens to kraken.com, support not response to e-mails, ticket also, withdraw not work five days, someone else has the same problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inwantof

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:51:09 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 11:45:12 PM by inwantof

I am still waiting on a withdrawal I requested on December 3rd. I've received a response to my ticket saying that the withdrawal must have become stuck in transit and that they would chase it up at there end. I don't even know what this means. I suspect the responses I've received are just token responses to placate me until it has been so long that they money can't be traced.  Realistically, I don't think I will see the money ever again and I have no idea what to do about it. So, yes, Kraken are either incompetent or a bunch of criminals; avoid them at all cost.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

Kraken isn't a bunch of criminals, it's a very good and legitimate exchange, they're just extremely busy handling customer support tickets because they're seeing massive growth. I recommend you post this in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.0. Dargo, who posts there regularly, is a technical writer for Kraken and can help you get an answer on your support tickets.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
myb87

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:35:49 PM

Avoid Kraken
i am having problems with withdrawals too and support is non existent.
I sent 2 support tickets i got no response or confirmation and i never received my withdrawals 
inwantof

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:14:45 PM

In a way it's kind of funny because I was always more worried about losing money through bitcoin market fluctuations and making poor buy/sell decisions. I never really worried about the actual exchange itself stealing my money, especially because this exchange was seemingly recommended/endorsed by blockchain.info.
Avalaxy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

Relax, Kraken doesn't steal anyone's money. I'm 100% you'll get it back, they're good folks. Just await Dargo's reply. Maybe you can send him a private message to make sure he reads it.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

I posted previously that their support is now nonexistent (1 to 2 weeks for responses), also deposit works but took a very long time. I am confident 100% they are legit as the owners are honest, but i hope they can sort out these issues soon, as it would be a shame to see them get worse. For now i've decided not to deposit further until things get better.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:25:54 AM

I've received a response to my ticket saying that the withdrawal must have become stuck in transit and that they would chase it up at there end. I don't even know what this means.

This may be of interest to you: http://gendal.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/a-simple-explanation-of-how-money-moves-around-the-banking-system/

tl;dr: plenty of room for problems in the system of sending money between banks.

Even more so with bitcoin related businesses. I got an email from my bank about a transfer to btc-e, two weeks after it was stuck at a intermediary bank because they suspected fraud.

I never had problems withdrawing from Kraken. If you read the announcement thread, you'll notice that the majority of deposit/withdraw problems were due to banks or users entering incorrect or incomplete information.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
inwantof

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:34:46 PM

Thanks for the information and reassurance. I'll try to calm down but this has been a serious source of stress in my life for a long time now and I'm sure you'll understand that I'm at the end of my tether. (I need the substantial sum of money).

If you read the announcement thread, you'll notice that the majority of deposit/withdraw problems were due to banks or users entering incorrect or incomplete information.

The thing is, I'm willing to accept as a possibility that I may have entered incorrect/incomplete information. (I don't think this is the case because I triple checked when entering it). If this is so, then why haven't they just asked to check the information I entered against the correct information? From a problem solving point of view, this should be their first port of call, but they haven't even asked to do this.
myb87

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:31:22 PM

I've received a response to my ticket saying that the withdrawal must have become stuck in transit and that they would chase it up at there end. I don't even know what this means.

This may be of interest to you: http://gendal.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/a-simple-explanation-of-how-money-moves-around-the-banking-system/

tl;dr: plenty of room for problems in the system of sending money between banks.

Even more so with bitcoin related businesses. I got an email from my bank about a transfer to btc-e, two weeks after it was stuck at a intermediary bank because they suspected fraud.

I never had problems withdrawing from Kraken. If you read the announcement thread, you'll notice that the majority of deposit/withdraw problems were due to banks or users entering incorrect or incomplete information.

Kraken aren't even responding to multiple tickets and multiple emails from several users for several months and you are blaming user error and banks, come on man get real.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

Kraken aren't even responding to multiple tickets and multiple emails from several users for several months and you are blaming user error and banks, come on man get real.

I don't blame anyone, just an observation from that thread.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:55:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for the slow to non-existent support some of your are experiencing. Please PM me with your ticket numbers and I will see to it that you get a response from support.

Our main thread on bitcointalk is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.0

Your complaints, comments, etc. will get addressed much more quickly there, so that's the recommended place to post.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: