Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:53:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins. waste of money?  (Read 2096 times)
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:57:58 PM

rageredsonic:

Your parents are probably right.  If you only have $10 per week to spend, there are probably better things you can spend it on.  You should understand that BitCoins are high risk, and I would not recommend that you buy them unless there's something you plan to buy with your BitCoins.

So, that said, if you still think you want them, here's what you need to tell them:

The point of an allowance is for you to learn how to manage money.  That doesn't mean spending it on things that your parents think you should.  It means giving it to you, and you learning to deal with the consequences of the choices you make.  If you lose a few weeks of allowance but you learn an important lesson about markets and economics, it'll be probably the best $50 you'll ever spend in your life.

Best $50?

I beg to differ.  Don't listen to this guy, kid.  You can still get a pretty fat sack for $50.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 03:44:00 PM

Best $50?

I beg to differ.  Don't listen to this guy, kid.  You can still get a pretty fat sack for $50.

lmfao!

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
zmcmoto1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 04:12:22 PM

im trying to make money off bitcoins bcuz my parents only give me $10/wk.  wtf does it matter2u?

Because that's the reason why you are using bitcoins. I could tell you that bitcoins are great for international money transfers or that it is a technological/social project with many interesting cryptography concepts, but why would you or your parents care?
You do not need to make international transfers, you certainly are not studying any of the underlying technology and you should not be making high risk investments if you are young and you do not have your own money. That's why your parents cut your allowance and they did great.

You should only be spending money you don't need with bitcoins. Money you don't need is something that you don't have, because you do not work to earn it.

You listen to me, kid.

Get your allowance back, beg if you have to.

Then you take that $10 a week and you save it.

And you save it and save it and save it.

Get yourself a nice wad of cash going, you need to be responsible with this money, because you have a goal.

Keep saving that fucking money like you're a pro, don't get weak.

Save up until you've got $100-150, get it in $5 so it feels nice and fat in your pocket.  Feel that wad of cash?  That's success.

Now you take that fat wad of cash to school or the park or wherever teens hang out. Say you're looking for some nug/bud/weed/pot.

Now, don't be stupid, have some friends with you, you're not going to lose this shit now, you've earned it.

Now you ask around until you've got the hook up, and drop all $150 on a fat sack of the greenest stinkiest shit you've ever imagined.

Smoke it. Smoke that shit. Smoke as much as you can, go wild. Hell, invite some underage chicks over, get them stoned too, they'll get REAL excited.

And once you're fucking blazing up with some hot chicks or at least a nice full bottle of lube, and you're just going at that shit, you ask yourself:

Is this worse than Bitcoin?

One word: Satori.

Haha. This guy has the right idea!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 04:49:40 PM

They will understand bitcoin only when it will be too late. Suchs is how these things work. Maybe when everyone will use bitcoin they will understand. Then you will have them, they not.

But, forget to make them "understand" now, it's impossible

johnb210

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 04:53:09 PM

Best $50?

This thread is hilarious! Grin  How can I find more threads like this instead of the worthless bickering that happens in most trolling threads?  There needs to be some sort of thread ranking system, this would get my vote!
indian

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:10:47 PM

5$ a week ? which part of world do you live in ? Roll Eyes
Zenofex

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:12:44 PM

$5 a week couldn't get me much of anything here in the states
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 01:39:29 AM

I stand corrected.  Synaptic has the right idea.  Lord knows I got my $50 worth.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 02:01:12 AM

How does a KID with an ALLOWANCE even get his cash into bitcoins!? lol

Hell, I got a CC, verified PayPal, personal and business checkings account and for the love of god CANNOT GET ANY BITCOINS.

I need 4. Hell, I'll buy 4 for $30 RIGHT THIS SECOND if someone were to PM me.

Also, a side note, Bitcoins fluctuate in value very quick. Waste of money? No. Almost as dangerous as a HYIP? Yes.

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 04:11:59 AM

http://www.tradebitcoin.com/

Streetcorner dealers are standing by.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: