Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay to allow trading  (Read 663 times)
mark1983 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:07:09 AM

I know some coins are already being traded on Ebay, but many have been taken off.
Could this see less of a need for the exchanges one day?
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/17/breaking-news-ebay-will-allow-bitcoin-trading/
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:21:29 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 10:40:22 AM by guybrushthreepwood

I know some coins are already being traded on Ebay, but many have been taken off.
Could this see less of a need for the exchanges one day?
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/17/breaking-news-ebay-will-allow-bitcoin-trading/

Better link: http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-uk-virtual-currency-february/

Still not sure how safe it'll be to sell with PP on there. They need to change their other rules to make this a safe and viable option.
Jabbers

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:30:03 AM

Looking forward to that.  Also in the news is that the US Gov has stated they will liquidate the seized coins from Silk Road at some time soon.  I hope they sell them on the markets.   Grin
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:34:05 AM

Wow that should make the coin go up!  Roll Eyes
pryzh

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:09:05 AM

Thats another step which will make bitcoin rise in value even more this year!! There are so many places now starting to accept bitcoins i bet in 5 years time you could nearly do your groceries shopping with them!
DubFX

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:10:41 AM

Thats another step which will make bitcoin rise in value even more this year!! There are so many places now starting to accept bitcoins i bet in 5 years time you could nearly do your groceries shopping with them!
Well, we aren't so far away from it. I think if bitcoin will do good then it should be way less than 5 years  Wink
pryzh

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:24:17 AM

Well, we aren't so far away from it. I think if bitcoin will do good then it should be way less than 5 years  Wink

True, but this mostly applies to the USA in my opinion. I live in Ireland, EU, and over here i have yet to see a single place that accepts bitcoins as payment. Agree that in the other countries especially the US it probably will hit big much faster, but since ireland is usually 5 years or more behind implementing latest technology etc that is used in other european countries, 5 years is a very optimistic esitmate.
I mean in 2008 the best broadband you could get here was like 10mb, now the best connection you can get is 100mb, while in most other EU countries that is wayyy more
DubFX

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:34:21 AM

True, but this mostly applies to the USA in my opinion. I live in Ireland, EU, and over here i have yet to see a single place that accepts bitcoins as payment. Agree that in the other countries especially the US it probably will hit big much faster, but since ireland is usually 5 years or more behind implementing latest technology etc that is used in other european countries, 5 years is a very optimistic esitmate.
I mean in 2008 the best broadband you could get here was like 10mb, now the best connection you can get is 100mb, while in most other EU countries that is wayyy more
I'm from EU too, yeah that may be true but alot of companies will follow the worldwide/US trends ASAP and cons. that bitcoin is easy to use i still find it positive Smiley
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:51:12 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 12:03:02 PM by Gator-hex

Well, we aren't so far away from it. I think if bitcoin will do good then it should be way less than 5 years  Wink

You can spend your Bitcoins at www.takeaway.com which allows you to order food/drink from many places in the EU, China & Vietnam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: