Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:29:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [[ANN]] Action required to save NXT  (Read 6909 times)
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:28:28 PM

By they I meant CFB and BCnext - not you and CFB.

As I already stated a few times, BCNext is a different person. I hold him locked in my mom's basement.

that make me laught!!! lol

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

There seems to be an issue where BCnext abruptly stopped the IPO and released them to the market at a much higher price. CFB claims he is as much in dark about it (CFB and some investor td... has been fighting all over the forums about this). If it turns out that they indeed are they same person then that potentially makes him very dodgy to say the least.

No, I'm a very different person, though CFB and I actually would agree on a lot of things like PoS vs PoW mining - too bad the NXT presale issue has come between us.

I'm not sure how to verify I'm a different person than CFB on the forum, but I'm open to suggestions if there is interest.

td services is BCNext aka comefrombeyond aka haventustartedtoputthepiecesofthispuzzletogetheryet
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:14:24 AM

There seems to be an issue where BCnext abruptly stopped the IPO and released them to the market at a much higher price. CFB claims he is as much in dark about it (CFB and some investor td... has been fighting all over the forums about this). If it turns out that they indeed are they same person then that potentially makes him very dodgy to say the least.

No, I'm a very different person, though CFB and I actually would agree on a lot of things like PoS vs PoW mining - too bad the NXT presale issue has come between us.

I'm not sure how to verify I'm a different person than CFB on the forum, but I'm open to suggestions if there is interest.

Thanks for clarification. CFB is a lot better at channeling BCnext's communications but I think I'm a lot more accurate in channeling his motives.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:11:15 AM

bump
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:18:07 AM

Nxt is a centralised & 100% pre-mined scam. It deserve to die. I am surprised it lasted this long. RIP Nxt.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:53:16 AM

I believe that the Moderators of bitcointalk will introduce a Comedy section to the forum after reading this thread!!!   Grin

No need. I will bump this thread each time I want to have a laugh. Grin
tstang

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:58:16 PM

Great story and insight.

Personally, Proof of Stake (POS) concept is interesting and different from Proof of Work (POW) like Bitcoin.

Personally, I think they should invent a coin with initial POW and POS after maybe after a threshold of 50% of more.

This would be fair to everyone as those who work hard initially like miners, get rewarded by POW, and eventually when there is very hard to mine, then the stakeholders will be rewarded for keeping them (POS).

Unfortunately, NXT choose to reward the early stakeholders and leave very little to the rest.

This is not a Fair and does not support the idea of decentralized crypto currency in the first place.

They setup their own exchange and inflate some value with no liquidity in the system, which does not reflect the true value of free market.

In the first place, this coin is doomed to fail as greed is the ultimate target.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:36:39 PM

Great story and insight.

Personally, Proof of Stake (POS) concept is interesting and different from Proof of Work (POW) like Bitcoin.

Personally, I think they should invent a coin with initial POW and POS after maybe after a threshold of 50% of more.

This would be fair to everyone as those who work hard initially like miners, get rewarded by POW, and eventually when there is very hard to mine, then the stakeholders will be rewarded for keeping them (POS).

Unfortunately, NXT choose to reward the early stakeholders and leave very little to the rest.

This is not a Fair and does not support the idea of decentralized crypto currency in the first place.

They setup their own exchange and inflate some value with no liquidity in the system, which does not reflect the true value of free market.

In the first place, this coin is doomed to fail as greed is the ultimate target.

do you use Google? Facebook? Bitcoin? Why do you use them, when people who invested in it early became rich?
nesco1805

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:42:47 AM

Great story and insight.

do you use Google? Facebook? Bitcoin? Why do you use them, when people who invested in it early became rich?

There's a fundamental difference.
I can use Gmail perfectly fine without Google shareholders having to return their investment many thousands times over.

Its not about NXT rewarding early stakeholders. It's about rewarding very FEW and having a low userbase.
Its about major NXT cats constantly having to dump and undercut each other in order to grow that base.
SyRenity

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:49:31 AM

I can use Gmail perfectly fine without Google shareholders having to return their investment many thousands times over.

Its not about NXT rewarding early stakeholders. It's about rewarding very FEW and having a low userbase.
Its about major NXT cats constantly having to dump and undercut each other in order to grow that base.

The last line was golden Smiley, through apparently there are a few genesis investors who preferred to dilute themselves early and relatively cheaply in order to spread NXT, rather then hoarding all for a big payout later. Not all lost for the humanity! Smiley
tstang

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:05:41 AM

Great story and insight.

Yes, the ONLY different is that Goggle, Facebook or any other large companies are making millions before the list their company on IPO. Hence the valuation for the initial founder that created the value.

Do you think 1 Bllion NXT divided by 73 people is fair to the rest of the people? What value did they create?
salsacz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:09:44 AM

Great story and insight.

very few? There are 15.000 users now. Do you know, why Nxt hasn't got all functions? Because we want to gain more users before these functions will be implemented. If we had all functions month ago, Nxt would cost 10$ today. 15.000 is quite a lot
tstang

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:11:20 AM

The last line was golden Smiley, through apparently there are a few genesis investors who preferred to dilute themselves early and relatively cheaply in order to spread NXT, rather then hoarding all for a big payout later. Not all lost for the humanity! Smiley

I am not sure the " few genesis investors to dilute themselves early and relatively cheaply" was in the intention of spreading NXT or to "cash-out" early, but thumps up for them!
tstang

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:17:19 AM

Great story and insight.

very few? There are 15.000 users now. Do you know, why Nxt hasn't got all functions? Because we want to gain more users before these functions will be implemented. If we had all functions month ago, Nxt would cost 10$ today. 15.000 is quite a lot

salsacz,

we are not saying there is not enough user or the coin is shitty, just that maybe the "distribution" can be improved or divided to few stages to be fair to MOST or ALL people and not the selected 73 people .

This is like book building of IPO by Goldmac Sachs and ONLY the "Uber 3%" get the IPO.
nesco1805

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:22:40 AM

A lot... OK and now what?
I suppose grow?
But in order to grow (and to make moneys, lets not forget about that) you are competing with each other and crapping all over your freshly acquired user base.

Didn't you guys get some internal memo, like Phase 1, 2,...
SyRenity

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:23:19 AM

we are not saying there is not enough user or the coin is shitty, just that maybe the "distribution" can be improved or divided to few stages to be fair to MOST or ALL people and not the selected 73 people .

This is like book building of IPO by Goldmac Sachs and ONLY the "Uber 3%" get the IPO.

While all this right, I can only repeat what I said earlier - there are other 2nd gen crypto's are coming with exactly same features that NXT claims to have now or soon, and who should provide a fair and large distribution. So while they won't make same insane returns as NXT did, they still will provide ample profit opportunities (while probably correcting NXT price to whatever it is).

For better or worst, software is not hardware and there will be no ASIC monopoly here Smiley.
tstang

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:26:07 AM

While all this right, I can only repeat what I said earlier - there are other 2nd gen crypto's are coming with exactly same features that NXT claims to have now or soon, and who should provide a fair and large distribution. So while they won't make same insane returns as NXT did, they still will provide ample profit opportunities (while probably correcting NXT price to whatever it is).

For better or worst, software is not hardware and there will be no ASIC monopoly here Smiley.

This is Evolution of crypto coins and welcome it with open arms!
salsacz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:32:02 AM

A lot... OK and now what?
I suppose grow?
But in order to grow (and to make moneys, lets not forget about that) you are competing with each other and crapping all over your freshly acquired user base.

Didn't you guys get some internal memo, like Phase 1, 2,...

please explain more Smiley
SyRenity

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:42:13 AM

He probably means a secret master plan from your great leader BCNext / CfB, directed only to the chosen holy 70 Smiley, about how to milk the market slowlyTongue
nesco1805

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:44:58 AM

Thank you ^^

For moneys that's literally created out of thin air, there was not much effort to give it away and spread before trying to cash out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: