Thanks for the reply, not much there yet, bidbitcoins looks promising. Bitcoin supporters should be actively using and/or developing [a massive] auction site, I know I'm going to start buying things with bitcoins to do my part.
The downside might be we will lose the "anonymous" aspect if we start shipping things to one another, but with general goods (typical ebay stuff) shouldn't be a big issue.
I have not been promoting it very much, because I don't want to troll about, but I will re-post here what I posted in my original thread.
*No Chargebacks unless agreed to by both parties.
*Anonymity from banks in all transactions.
*No banking fees for money transfers to sellers from buyers.
*Every auction or item placed for sale and sold through Bid Bitcoins supports the whole bitcoin community and helps further bitcoins acceptance into the marketplace.
*Much less fraud potential for both parties. Credit cards lend themselves to fraud by their very nature, as card numbers can easily be stolen and used to make purchases, than mailed to themselves at unwitting victims addresses.
*Users/Members accounts with money cannot be frozen due to “suspected” fraud.
*No user credit card data is stored onsite. Anyone who hacks the site will not have access to accounts of any kind and therefore cannot cause financial damage directly to any user by theft.
What kind of features does Bid Bitcoins have? Here is the full list:
* Currency of all goods and services denominated in Bitcoin
* All Merchants will be required to accept Bitcoin, although other arrangements can be made offsite.
* All forms of auction including Dutch Buy it Outright, Reserve Price, Reverse Auctions, Wanted Ads.
* 1 Day, 3 Days, 7 Day Days, 14 Days, and 30 Day auction choices.
* Make Offer Options.
* First Bidder Auctions
* Select Starting Price
* Define Offer Acceptance range
* Swap Offers Option
* Upload up to 3 Free images and 6 images total.
* Auto Relist
* Batch Uploads
* Personal Store Options. Basic Store 100% Free
* Block Users
* Postage Calculation Setup
* Reputation / Comments / Feedback
* Preferred Seller Features
* User Enabled Skin Changes
* Combined Purchase Invoices
* Ask Seller a Question / Member Messaging