Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie restriction  (Read 1891 times)
jneill (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:51:56 PM

Do newbies need to start a new topic, or does making a reply count as their first post?

And here is my second sentence.
deadcat

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

good question. Im wandering that myself. Guess this is a test to see if i can PM after sending a reply
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:56:53 PM

Make a new post (which you did) spend atleast 4hrs in forums (Total time logged in:) and you are out of newbie jail.,
dhavin

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

"out of newbie jail" means the 10 minute restriction between posts is also lifted? That would be soooo nice. Smiley

http://www.scratch4satoshis.com/ - 1600 satoshi/hour 2 MILLION SATOSHI minimum weekly lottery draw! Get your tickets submitted!
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

can someone explain me? im logged here 4hours 16min, posted 3 posts, and i still cant post in other forums except newbies... so how can i run from newbies jail? Cheesy

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Airradda

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:55:00 PM

"out of newbie jail" means the 10 minute restriction between posts is also lifted? That would be soooo nice. Smiley

"The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago. Please try again later."

I believe the posting restriction is for 6 minutes. (360 seconds = 6 minutes)
blodyx

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

this is so stupid.... but i guess ill have to start some where!

see you later
mrtaz

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:01:55 PM

And I keep getting the last post within 360 seconds, but only have one post like 45 minutes ago Smiley  I just can't win.  All I want to do is find out why the pool I am on is registering my shares but not giving me any coins.

edit: Yay, finally got a post through
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:02:15 PM

can someone explain me? im logged here 4hours 16min, posted 3 posts, and i still cant post in other forums except newbies... so how can i run from newbies jail? Cheesy

Look above there's a column called "Total time logged in:" when you reach 4hrs their means you have to spend atleast 4hrs before you can post anywhere, just cruse around a little bit.
For more info see this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
elmwar

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:16:14 PM

Haven't been able to post yet.
All attempts to post have given me the "last post was within 360 seconds" error.
Hopefully this one will work.

sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:19:24 PM

You have to wait 6 min to post after you've logged in.
XNebulaDX

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:20:58 PM

Newbie jail is not fun  Cry
Airradda

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:22:09 PM

Newbie jail is not fun  Cry

Don't worry  Wink We'll make though.
inthemud

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:27:33 PM

good question. Im wandering that myself. Guess this is a test to see if i can PM after sending a reply

I have been registered to hundreds of forums and have never experienced anything like this. First off I could not figure out where the reply buttons were at. Then I figured that there was some form of restrictions to new users so I had to go hunting for that information which was not put in plain site on the registration page. Now I am having to go through more hoops and perform tricks to please the powers that be. They are hurting themselves by making this difficult. Not surprisingly, this is almost exactly like bitcoin itself: hard as shit to get involved in. You have to first do a ton of research and spend hours and hours trying to figure out how everything works. And then when you do, your access is very limited until you have yet again spent many many hours and hours actually mining. I guess this community likes being difficult and making "newbies" go through a "learning phase" or some such mess. Whatever floats your boat man.

There are plenty of advocates for bitcoin that claim it will never be main stream acceptable until it is made easier to use. I agree. If you want people to do something, make it easy.
eggen4jc

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:31:29 PM

Making a post here just to try to get out of jail so I can post to the Bitcoin 100 thread!
Airradda

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:35:05 PM

That's sounds about right to me. The main reason I'm trying to this forum is for the bonus you get on the devcoin faucet. 
diapers

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

what is this bonus u speak of
mastream

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:30:08 PM

hmmm strange my first post was about a week ago and im almost always online, lets see if this post helps

Edit: lol what happend to my first post?
dhavin

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:44:58 PM

What the hell is with all the crypto currency popping up anyway? Litecoin, devcoin, newbcoin, papasmurfcoin. Like where does it stop? Do I just invent my own crypto coin to make my next house payment in 20 years? Yeah uh today it's going to be chips-a-hoy coin. Yup.

http://www.scratch4satoshis.com/ - 1600 satoshi/hour 2 MILLION SATOSHI minimum weekly lottery draw! Get your tickets submitted!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:50:22 PM

I have been registered to hundreds of forums and have never experienced anything like this. First off I could not figure out where the reply buttons were at. Then I figured that there was some form of restrictions to new users so I had to go hunting for that information which was not put in plain site on the registration page. Now I am having to go through more hoops and perform tricks to please the powers that be. They are hurting themselves by making this difficult. Not surprisingly, this is almost exactly like bitcoin itself: hard as shit to get involved in. You have to first do a ton of research and spend hours and hours trying to figure out how everything works. And then when you do, your access is very limited until you have yet again spent many many hours and hours actually mining. I guess this community likes being difficult and making "newbies" go through a "learning phase" or some such mess. Whatever floats your boat man.

There are plenty of advocates for bitcoin that claim it will never be main stream acceptable until it is made easier to use. I agree. If you want people to do something, make it easy.

Yes they are; you just didn't read them. They're also in the newbie readme.

And Bitcoin is easy. It's only difficult for technophobes and idiots.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: