Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phase I complete - Bitcoin is officially legitimate in 2014  (Read 1583 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 01:53:26 PM

I can't believe we made it this far. Shit was scary when mt gox got their bank accounts seized. Now we are officially legitimate. When the fbi sells the coins, it's sealed. Because they can't say thanks for the money, now theyre illegal.

Phase II is now, not price stability, but a solid price floor. I cant wait until the price is impossible to move below $1000. At that point Bitcoin is officially successful and nothing can ever stop it.

Getting replaced? Never. Look at ipv6, its 2014 and its at 0. ThIs forum doesn't even support it and we have amazing coders here. As Andreas said, "it's good enough."

Phase III is love.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:32:57 PM

When the fbi sells the coins, it's sealed. Because they can't say thanks for the money, now theyre illegal.

I was wondering that too. I don't even think that the prospective sale of the coins will affect the market price directly - that will be due to the FUD spreading lol.

2014 will be an exciting year for Bitcoin - here's hoping!

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:37:07 PM

I can't believe we made it this far. Shit was scary when mt gox got their bank accounts seized. Now we are officially legitimate. When the fbi sells the coins, it's sealed. Because they can't say thanks for the money, now theyre illegal.

Phase II is now, not price stability, but a solid price floor. I cant wait until the price is impossible to move below $1000. At that point Bitcoin is officially successful and nothing can ever stop it.

Getting replaced? Never. Look at ipv6, its 2014 and its at 0. ThIs forum doesn't even support it and we have amazing coders here. As Andreas said, "it's good enough."

Phase III is love.

Throw a party and pop some bubbly. Fourteen years into this century is all it took to realize a 21st century technology revolution.

I'm grateful for the fact that there is a healthy community of grey hat IT professionals and tech gurus out there willing to do what's right.

GO team.. GO... Yeahhhhh! Cheesy
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:44:49 PM

GO GO BITCOIN Cheesy
SirBitsalot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 10:51:39 PM

Phase III is love.

Wow, you seem very attached to Bitcoins lol. But I'm with ya, especially with the part about there not being a replacement. Either a.) Bitcoins are never replaced and grow into a respected currency. Or b.) They are shut down  and banned as they don't promote the National level.

I don't see anything replacing them.
chaoticbrain

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:04:49 PM

They can't say it's illegal after selling it ? Of course they can.
SirBitsalot

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

They can't say it's illegal after selling it ? Of course they can.
That'd be like the FBI saying something is illegal, and then doing it anyways. They do it all the time! BUT, Bitcoins are a global interest and would mean that a LOT of people would be very upset.
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:57:03 PM

Phase III is love.

*uhm*
Since when is any modern US institution actually bound to US or international laws ?!
Sorry, hate to spoil the party, that ended many decades ago in the USA. If need be, they make sh*t up on the fly anytime they need to, no matter how ridiculous their storyline may be (they don't care).

Anyway, I'm afraid there's numerous things that can and will stop bitcoin... (that's just my personal assessment). But it's not ready for that yet, the current damage potential is too neglectible to be used and I do hope it's not possible yet in the first place. When it comes, however, it'll come fast&furios.
I sense Phase III being a singularity, a game-changing big bang. Hopefully I'm out before that occurs.

For all those who believe otherwise, I wish the best of luck.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:23:12 AM

Hopefully I'm out before that occurs.
Get out now, don't take any risk.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
FalconFly

Activity: 252

Sentinel

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:41:19 AM

Hopefully I'm out before that occurs.
Get out now, don't take any risk.

I am taking a well-calculated risk, investment will not exceed 2 BTC and will likely not extend much beyond 1 year. That's as far as I''m willing to go (and accept a total loss should it occur).
The learning outcome of getting into it was actually my primary goal, what I learned within the last months led to my decision to exit CryptoCurrencies after that ~1 year period.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:52:35 AM

what I learned within the last months led to my decision to exit CryptoCurrencies after that ~1 year period.
Good luck, then. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

replaced by alt ? Sounds impossible , don't forget there's a hardfork weapon . Grin
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:24:23 AM

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 07:03:53 AM

Phase III is love.

Wow, you seem very attached to Bitcoins lol. But I'm with ya, especially with the part about there not being a replacement. Either a.) Bitcoins are never replaced and grow into a respected currency. Or b.) They are shut down  and banned as they don't promote the National level.

Many have made love to their miners..

I want to make love to this thing!!

lorix

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

Phase III is love.

Many have made love to their miners..

I want to make love to this thing!!

Just attach four rotors and you have a flying Quadrarouter...?  Grin

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: