Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Once More Unto the Breach, Dear Friends, Once More! | WSC Team  (Read 3077 times)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 09:03:00 PM

At a considerable discount from their mark to market value.....

......and what will the proud new owners of these coins want to then do with a certain proportion of them?

They are likely to securitze them. Basically repackage them and sell them to institutional investors.  You think the Winklevi and Bitcoin Investment Trust are going to be the only players in that space?

Whatever the case is. This is NOT bullish news. All that is up for debate is to what extent it will have a bearish impact.

Thank god someone understands the message here.  Thank you for stopping by the thread MatTheCat, a lot of people have been flaming the article without even reading it.

It not about what the FBI does with it (except in the worst case scenarios) its about the sentiment of traders.  Unfortunately, today has resulted in some very sad/mad bulls that seem to be polluting the thread.

Not sad or mad. Just sold a little at $815 yesterday and wondering when to buy it back. Bought back 20% at $785. I am confused about what is meant by "bull". Why would a permabear even be trading? You'd need to be able to borrow BTC somehow and every way I know of is problematic.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
alpha492 (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:08:05 PM

......and what will the proud new owners of these coins want to then do with a certain proportion of them?

They are likely to securitze them. Basically repackage them and sell them to institutional investors.  You think the Winklevi and Bitcoin Investment Trust are going to be the only players in that space?

Whatever the case is. This is NOT bullish news. All that is up for debate is to what extent it will have a bearish impact.

Thank god someone understands the message here.  Thank you for stopping by the thread MatTheCat, a lot of people have been flaming the article without even reading it.

It not about what the FBI does with it (except in the worst case scenarios) its about the sentiment of traders.  Unfortunately, today has resulted in some very sad/mad bulls that seem to be polluting the thread.

Not sad or mad. Just sold a little at $815 yesterday and wondering when to buy it back. Bought back 20% at $785. I am confused about what is meant by "bull". Why would a permabear even be trading? You'd need to be able to borrow BTC somehow and every way I know of is problematic.

I'm not a perma-bear or perma-bull, this was just unbiased analysis of what I thought was going to happen next.

Perma-bulls just get angry anytime you even suggest something may cause capitulation in the markets, and a lot of them seem to be hanging around this thread.

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

HODL?  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

Have they ever done this with any asset in the past?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 09:40:11 PM

Have they ever done this with any asset in the past?

The proud new owners? How the hell would I know? I don't know who they're going to be yet. THEY don't know who they're going to be yet. But yes, pretty much any commodity or asset can be securitized and usually are. if you think the Wall Streeters aren't looking at our market going up 1000%/ year and wondering how to cash in on it, you don't know any wall streeters.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:29:22 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 11:16:10 PM by alpha492

Oh!  Shocked

I didn't realise at first but the OP is the analyst from Wall Street Crypto.

Considering he made a prediction of a catastrophic crash a couple of weeks back which is really dragging its heels now... Actually no, it must just be a coincidence that he's making new drama threads about things that everyone already knows about!  Grin

Article published 12/2/13

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:50:10 PM

Oh!  Shocked

Considering he made a prediction of a catastrophic crash a couple of weeks back which is really dragging its heels now... Actually no, it must just be a coincidence that he's making new drama threads about things that everyone already knows about!  Grin

You mean a month and sixteen days.

Must be hard typing with those big fingers on that little laptop

No, that's too easy I'm afraid.

The article was published on Wednesday, 8 January 2014.

http://www.wallstreetcrypto.com/2014/01/was-it-zynga-january-in-depth.html

I quote:

"... In relation to the point labeled 'Crash Zone', without a major catalyst with near certainty I can say Bitcoin will experience a major crash again, with lows just above the point labeled 'Minor Reversal Zone'"

Click on the chart in the article to see where alpha492 situates his "Minor Reversal Zone". Suffice to say it's sub-$500.

In the OP of this thread:

"Not only are we not getting the payment processor catalyst I was hoping for the FBI just announced it will be dumping 25 million dollars in Bitcoin into the market."

alpha492, you really are digging your own grave here. Short of editing the first post of this thread, the text of your article and the indications on the accompanying chart, what can you do now?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:11:04 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 11:15:20 PM by alpha492

I quote:

"... In relation to the point labeled 'Crash Zone', without a major catalyst with near certainty I can say Bitcoin will experience a major crash again, with lows just above the point labeled 'Minor Reversal Zone'"

Click on the chart in the article to see where alpha492 situates his "Minor Reversal Zone". Suffice to say it's sub-$500.

"Not only are we not getting the payment processor catalyst I was hoping for the FBI just announced it will be dumping 25 million dollars in Bitcoin into the market."

alpha492, you really are digging your own grave here. Short of editing the first post of this thread, the text of your article and the indications on the accompanying chart, what can you do now?

[/quote]

Sorry I assumed you were talking about December because I'm not sure I ever claimed sub-500 prices.

Unlikely to touch this month

T.Stuart

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:14:27 PM

Oh!  Shocked

Considering he made a prediction of a catastrophic crash a couple of weeks back which is really dragging its heels now... Actually no, it must just be a coincidence that he's making new drama threads about things that everyone already knows about!  Grin

You mean a month and sixteen days.

Must be hard typing with those big fingers on that little laptop

I quote:

Sorry I assumed you were talking about December because the claim that I said sub-500 is ridiculous.

Unlikely to touch this month

Who is digging their own grave

Your article: "... with near certainty I can say Bitcoin will experience a major crash again, with lows just above the point labeled 'Minor Reversal Zone'"

Listen of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, prediction etc. But we get plenty of biased TA on here and when it is accompanied by threads about the FBI dumping their stash etc. it becomes a joke. I think your site is nice and you are using professional methods etc., but IMO generally speaking TA analysts should make an extra effort to be impartial on this forum otherwise they can expect to be called out.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:20:36 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 11:20:11 PM by alpha492

Your article: "... with near certainty I can say Bitcoin will experience a major crash again, with lows just above the point labeled 'Minor Reversal Zone'"

Listen of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, prediction etc. But we get plenty of biased TA on here and when it is accompanied by threads about the FBI dumping their stash etc. it becomes a joke. I think your site is nice and you are using professional methods etc., but IMO generally speaking TA analysts should make an extra effort to be impartial on this forum otherwise they can expect to be called out.

I can see how bias has become an assumed factor on this forum when mentioning the FBI dump at all (dump onto market not exchange).  I appreciate your thoughts on the site and I'd like to note that the month isn't even halfway over.

If you read my article: http://www.wallstreetcrypto.com/2014/01/was-it-zynga-january-in-depth.html

Maybe you can understand the perspective of my analysis.  I hate hindsight use of catalyst, and I hate ambiguous fortune telling.

I come from the perspective that if a prediction is not to some degree specific, then it is in now way useful and tantamount to spam.  So I try very hard in my prediction articles to give analysis that is specific even if it risks being wrong.

The "safe" way to write about markets is to wait till after a crash/rally then credit so-and-so catalyst, or to offer ambiguous analysis without any actual usable information to traders.

As you might imagine the reputation of someone who does the type of work I do is everything, the 'safe' way is the easy way out and I believe readers in the long run value these articles even in instances where they turn out not to be entirely correct.  Maybe they are correct and a few readers make money, maybe they aren't and readers use my ideas as a forethought before taking on more lucrative positions of their own.

Either way the idea here is to be 'valuable', if you disagree with my position I don't at all resent that, in fact I anticipated this month would be full of different opinion/perspectives and many of them may be more well founded then my own.

But this analysis is not rooted in bias, this is my honest evaluation of market sentiments and trends and you are more then entitled to disagree with me, and I appreciate anything valuable you can add to the thread or comment on the site.

T.Stuart

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:32:29 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your sincerity.

You're right about the necessity for prediction. If you can't make a forecast then what's the point?

Speaking with hindsight is facile. Too much also leads to thinking that it's dead easy to predict the market. That's why so many newbs dabbling in day trading lose money. Peaks and troughs are so easy to spot when they've happened.

Good luck with the site and keep it up. Things are moving fast and you should pick up a growing crowd in no time.

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your sincerity.

You're right about the necessity for prediction. If you can't make a forecast then what's the point?

Speaking with hindsight is facile. Too much also leads to thinking that it's dead easy to predict the market. That's why so many newbs dabbling in day trading lose money. Peaks and troughs are so easy to spot when they've happened.

Good luck with the site and keep it up. Things are moving fast and you should pick up a growing crowd in no time.

I'm removing the more petty contributions of mine to this discussion Tongue

Thanks for stopping by!

alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:44:45 AM

Even I was feeling iffy about this call after that long sideways movement, but it looks like we've finally sunk!

alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:48:32 AM

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:10:45 PM

Made some good calls there. I remember reading this thread now when it was posted. Can you clarify a bit what your organization is? You posted a (partially) EW based analysis in another thread, but that was written by another guy, right?

Other than that:

I come from the perspective that if a prediction is not to some degree specific, then it is in now way useful and tantamount to spam.  So I try very hard in my prediction articles to give analysis that is specific even if it risks being wrong.

You get a big fat +1 from me for that. I wish more unnecessarily cryptic TA adherents in here would stick to that. Not every post needs to contain an exact price target, but if you post vague TA without specifying time frame, price range, or even general direction, you might as well not post at all.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:31:47 PM

Made some good calls there. I remember reading this thread now when it was posted. Can you clarify a bit what your organization is? You posted a (partially) EW based analysis in another thread, but that was written by another guy, right?

Other than that:

I come from the perspective that if a prediction is not to some degree specific, then it is in now way useful and tantamount to spam.  So I try very hard in my prediction articles to give analysis that is specific even if it risks being wrong.

You get a big fat +1 from me for that. I wish more unnecessarily cryptic TA adherents in here would stick to that. Not every post needs to contain an exact price target, but if you post vague TA without specifying time frame, price range, or even general direction, you might as well not post at all.

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the work we do.

We're basically applying a model similar to the Wall Street Journal to cryptocurrency markets.  We have 2 main analysts, Ruien and myself, and 2 others who's forte is rooted more in the politics/technological aspect of cryptocurrency.  Our objective is to educate on all things cryptocurrency and trading related, and provide analysis.

jayspin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:57:55 AM

+1 from me for this as well. It shows in your posts and what you have said above spells out my thoughts exactly. I find it such a waste of time and effort to sift through all those hyped bandwagon threads. Coming across something as genuine as yours every once in a while makes it worth it though Smiley

I think you're off to a good start. Thanks for that and do keep it up!
alpha492 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:53:41 PM

One more bump before we send this to the archives.

prolific

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

Kudos. Smiley
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

So when those coins sell for more than exchange value will the exchange prices go down?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: