Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:26:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for easy to use miner for ASIC I ordered  (Read 907 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:43:19 PM

I was really excited that I won the eBay auction for an Ant Miner ASIC USB Miner (which says can be overclocked to 2.2GH/s) earlier this morning so now I'll be waiting for it to be delivered.

After I recieve the miner,I'll have 2 issues to deal with:
1.Find an easy to use miner that works on my mining PC (windows 8 x64) and my Mac (as that's my main computer now) which I need help in finding.
2.How to overclock this ASIC so I can get the best value out of it

I bought it to expand mining capacity as well as doing an experiment (mining profitable SHA based alt coins,electric costs don't matter in my case with this) as I want to improve my understanding of the mining process on alternate platforms (later planning to build a Raspberry Pi miner as I'm fed up with the fan noise of my mining PC used for Scrypt coin mining,still got the Radeon HD6950-I know it's a little dated now and is showing its age but with low difficulty coins,it's still profitable for me,just)

Can someone please help me find the right miner software for my needs and how to overclock that ASIC when it arrives?

Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Anonymailer
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

MacMiner works with antminers for your Mac. Not sure on the Windows front.

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

bfgminer seems to be the only mainstream miner that works with the Antminer U1.  cgminer hasn't got support yet, as no-one bothered to send the devs a unit.
darkphantom934

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

bfgminer seems to be the only mainstream miner that works with the Antminer U1.  cgminer hasn't got support yet, as no-one bothered to send the devs a unit.

Actually, bfgminer hardly works at all with the AntMiner U1's. I have an easy solution to get them running on cgminer (at full speed) and easily run them with ASICMiner block erupters as well.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:02:00 PM

Actually, bfgminer hardly works at all with the AntMiner U1's. I have an easy solution to get them running on cgminer (at full speed) and easily run them with ASICMiner block erupters as well.

Care to elaborate? Nobody else has had any problems with AntMiner U1s in bfgminer.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
darkphantom934

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:54:55 AM

Care to elaborate? Nobody else has had any problems with AntMiner U1s in bfgminer.

I've always had a hard time with bfgminer, but maybe that's just me. I use cgminer 3.8.5 modified with AntMiner support.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 06:06:38 AM

I've always had a hard time with bfgminer, but maybe that's just me. I use cgminer 3.8.5 modified with AntMiner support.

You said it hardly works with AntMiner U1s. That seems like a pretty direct claim that you had tried it. Did you? If so what problem did you have?

There has been AntMiner U1 support in bfgminer unofficially for nearly a month and officially for nearly a week. It supports over-clocking and differentiating Block Erupters and AntMiners.

The OP asking for an easy way to use the AntMiner U1. Using a miner that officially supports them seems more fitting than a modified version (the one provided by BITMAINtech doesn't support Block Erupters).

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
darkphantom934

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:15:38 AM

You said it hardly works with AntMiner U1s. That seems like a pretty direct claim that you had tried it. Did you? If so what problem did you have?

There has been AntMiner U1 support in bfgminer unofficially for nearly a month and officially for nearly a week. It supports over-clocking and differentiating Block Erupters and AntMiners.

The OP asking for an easy way to use the AntMiner U1. Using a miner that officially supports them seems more fitting than a modified version (the one provided by BITMAINtech doesn't support Block Erupters).

Meh. Maybe it was just me who was having issues :/
Yes, I tried using bfgminer.
Karin

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 06:43:20 AM

You may also want to look at Asteroid for your Mac.  It is based on cgminer, also supports AntMiners, and fits most of your criteria.  Overclocking will make its debut in the next version of the software (links below).

Easiest to use bitcoin/litecoin miner for Mac: AsteroidApp.com | @AsteroidApp | Bitcointalk forum thread
Unofficial cgminer for Mac OS X | sgminer for Mac OS X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: